Working Class Hero

Fuzz

Oh dear.

Really, this is just awful. Sounds like MCR's "I Don't Love You", but even more bland. Can't they just release "Words I Might Have Ate" as their next single?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its pretty cool, but a bit boring , i´m not really a fan of lennons solo music.

same but they did a good cover

To all the "Billie's voice sounds different" people out there... maybe it's time to take a little trip back to 1997/98 when the Good Riddance CD singles were released (or, of course, just back to Shenanigans) and have a little listen to Rotting. His voice doesn't sound different, it's just a rare occasion where he is singing an octave lower than he usually does.

Damn, I hate that my first post here in a millennia is somewhat bashing... oh well. :P

They added some Green Day flavor to that song, didn't they?

and to the person who said it sounds like nickelback... :huh:

:lol: were you on amphetamine when you wrote that?!?

I was about half asleep and didn't even really hear it, but what I heard was enough to catch that stupid thought...... :P well,I've been listening to those 29 seconds now for hours and I gotta say,I'm quite awake now :wink:, I still find it breathtaking............

:o This is coming out the day after my birthday! :)

And 14 days after MY birthday! Woah...

I heard the full version on Wednesday...my friend's dad works for Reprise and had it.

Being a huge Beatles/Lennon fan and Working Class Hero being my favorite solo-Lennon song..Green Day's cover gave me chills. It is absolutely amazing and I can't wait for it to be available on iTunes.

omg this rocks i cant wait for monday its soo good (or maby im just going throught green day withdrawl since its been so long since something new) :D

To all the "Billie's voice sounds different" people out there... maybe it's time to take a little trip back to 1997/98 when the Good Riddance CD singles were released (or, of course, just back to Shenanigans) and have a little listen to Rotting. His voice doesn't sound different, it's just a rare occasion where he is singing an octave lower than he usually does.

Damn, I hate that my first post here in a millennia is somewhat bashing... oh well. :P

I think it's more than just the technicalities - more what he's doing with his voice. There's a lot of sensitivity, interpretation of the lyric, and he's not belting it out, like he used to do with everything. I feel like he's opening himself up more in his connection with what he's singing.

I was about half asleep and didn't even really hear it, but what I heard was enough to catch that stupid thought...... :P well,I've been listening to those 29 seconds now for hours and I gotta say,I'm quite awake now :wink:, I still find it breathtaking............

haha alright

and to that person who got to hear the full thing

you are the luckiest person alive :lol::happy:

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1 :woot: I'm going to have a heart atackkkkkkkk :thumbsup:

and right now I'm screaming :rolleyes:

I heard the full version on Wednesday...my friend's dad works for Reprise and had it.

Being a huge Beatles/Lennon fan and Working Class Hero being my favorite solo-Lennon song..Green Day's cover gave me chills. It is absolutely amazing and I can't wait for it to be available on iTunes.

Get out! You did? You are so so lucky! I can't wait! (jumping around all excited)

I don't get it... Is it their new album or just another remake of an old song???

I don't get it... Is it their new album or just another remake of an old song???

No, it's their cover of the John Lennon song and they're doing this for the Darfur appeal. It will be on the Instand Karma album together with the other artists that are contributing. They're all doing John Lennon covers. It's got nothing to do with their new album.

I think it sounds excellent and I will most certainly be buying it once Monday comes around :happy:

Archived