Oasis says Green Day ripped them off

Fuzz

HAHA, I was waiting for him to slag them off, I don't think they stole the riff, but I can see why he's pissed off, it does sound quite the same, just with the capo at a different position, I don't think Billie Joe intended to copy him, but Noel Gallagher is a legend who slags off everyone, so all you angry people, mostly teenies, should get off your high horse, calm down and stfu.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so Paul McPike says he wrote all of American Idiot - does that mean he's the one who ripped off Oasis, who ripped off The Beatles - and Green Day ripped all of them off?

What busy boyz they are! :)

says the pansies who bitched each other out to the point where they broke up :rolleyes:

Every artist in the industry has ripped off someone.

Like his band is great. Also, he's saying this now because.....

right right...dumbass and probably not til now b/c he wanted the album to be 'dead'..so nothing would happen.

Ok, so Paul McPike says he wrote all of American Idiot - does that mean he's the one who ripped off Oasis, who ripped off The Beatles - and Green Day ripped all of them off?

What busy boyz they are! :)

:lol:

says the pansies who bitched each other out to the point where they broke up :rolleyes:

Every artist in the industry has ripped off someone.

Yeah exactally so we need

to just calm down and everything

wiull pass like the guy who claims

he wrote AI.

lets keep in mind just because songs are similar doesn't mean that they're ripped off.

bobd and wonderwall are similar, yes but i'm confident billie joe, mike and tre didn't sit down one day and say "hey let's rip off oasis."

if you wanna see rip off listen to "lust for life" by iggy pop and then "are you gonna be my girl" by jet. or "dani california" and that tom petty song. those are rip offs.

isn't there a thread about songs that sound alike already? anyway, there you'll probably find a lot of similiar songs, and most of them were probably just coincidences. and as someone just said, I don't think GD planned to rip off Oasis :lol:

Erm, isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery?

To be fair, he's made shitloads of money by being in Oasis and doesn't really need to worry about a song using a similar chord structure to one of his songs.

Anyway, after 50 odd years of rock and roll, there are no original chord sequences left. Whatever chords you use to write a song, someone will have done it before you.

lol what the fuck. isn't oasis broken up because those two brothers can't decide who's the bigger asshole.... oasis the band is fine i guess, but to me they aren't as good as they kept saying they were. they said something like they were bigger than the beatles right? wtf!

i guess if you pay attention they sound a bit alike, but i didn't notice untill just now.. and just as ¿Whatsername?and thefirststroke said, it's hard to be completely different now. it's like everyone rips off someone on accident. it just happends.

Erm, isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery?

that was the best thing I've read in this thread :happy:

that was the best thing I've read in this thread :happy:

That's the best thing you'll read EVER.

Trust me, that quote will become bigger than Jebus. :D

oh come on people, lighten up a bit, Jesus Christ, do you give all the Green Day "haters" at your school as much shit as this one comment? Oasis is THE biggest English band in the world right now, fuck the Arctic Monkeys, and for whoever said that Noel is an asshole...well take one look at Liam, if anyone watched the interview Noel gave for Parkinson, you'd understand what an intelligent guy he actually is, im not just saying this because I'm a manc either and that Oasis are my local band, i admire them, he made an off the cuff remark while being interviewed, it's not like he went into the interview dying to say that, one comment about Green Day can turn into genocide on this board...im out like a motherfuckaaaaaaaaa

Oasis is THE biggest English band in the world right now, fuck the Arctic Monkeys

I beg to difer. Oasis are at the beginning of the end, Arctic Monkeys are set to take over the world.

Oasis is THE biggest English band in the world right now

the world?

oasis aren't as popular as they used to be here.

despite being in a commerical for at&t, most americans would probably know oasis as "that band who sound like the beatles and had that song wonderwall."

Im not getting into an Arctic Monkeys V Oasis debate, I like them both alot but, Arctic Monkeys just don't cut it, they're not stadium material, then again, i think that about Muse but them tossers are opening Wembley. Oasis just brought a greatest hits album out, are you guys saying Live Forever, Aquiesce, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back in Anger and a ton of others aren't great songs? I btw, don't think they sound a whole lot like the Beatles, their style is, but, whatever, I think im the only one with a brain here.

Paul McPike, Oasis, The Killers, Sex Pistols... wow

everyone is wanting attention from the same band, why can't they do it with another one?

As if Oasis wasn't a total Beatles rip off :dry:

Once the drummer(Ringo's son) asked his father if he could record a song with them and he said no knowing it was all a marketing scam :lol:

Have you ever seen him NOT being bitter at a band?? hehe :P He's just stupid and jealous, just let him rot! :lol:

the world?

oasis aren't as popular as they used to be here.

despite being in a commerical for at&t, most americans would probably know oasis as "that band who sound like the beatles and had that song wonderwall."

lol yeap, pretty much

or that Champagne Supernova song

thats always on the radio

Im not getting into an Arctic Monkeys V Oasis debate, I like them both alot but, Arctic Monkeys just don't cut it, they're not stadium material, then again, i think that about Muse but them tossers are opening Wembley. Oasis just brought a greatest hits album out, are you guys saying Live Forever, Aquiesce, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back in Anger and a ton of others aren't great songs? I btw, don't think they sound a whole lot like the Beatles, their style is, but, whatever, I think im the only one with a brain here.

you are. i commend your good taste in music. atleast someone here knows what they're talking about.

Archived