Green Day / NRDC Site now online

Fuzz

well i can help....

my dad is in the navy. so maybe i'll get permission and print out some info on that site and put it up somewhere. :huh:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i acutally like this. nice job GD. that video was awsome. :thumbsup:

i love it how you guys are bringing attention to this in ways probably no one else probably would, and for someone who has alot of power over people, it could actually happen.

It's awesome to see they are doing something useful with thier "celebrity power" - I signed all the petitions, but will I really change the way I live? probably not, i'm 19, I'm lazy and I try to care about important issues but it's difficult, sometimes I just can't help not giving a shit, you know what I mean? sounds really selfish I know, but it's just the truth. But the website is definately a good idea and will get me thinking about the enviroment a bit more.... :)

It's awesome to see they are doing something useful with thier "celebrity power" - I signed all the petitions, but will I really change the way I live? probably not, i'm 19, I'm lazy and I try to care about important issues but it's difficult, sometimes I just can't help not giving a shit, you know what I mean? sounds really selfish I know, but it's just the truth. But the website is definately a good idea and will get me thinking about the enviroment a bit more.... :)

You signed the petition, so you've already done something good. And if you're thinking about the environment a little more, then the website has already done its job. :)

cool, the video has the ethanol car in it,thats the flex fuel car thingy, it runs on ethanol, and plain ol' gasoline.

(ethanol is made of corn)

wich is good, cuz then we don't need the middle east oil, instead we can run on ethanol.

this is such a coincidink cuz we had a lesson and video about this oil and ethanol stuff

this is a big up for nrdc cuz their adding a lot of green day fans, wich is a lot...

yeah. and the fact that we're even talking about it right now means that the site has already made a difference! now all we need is for the people who can make an even bigger difference to start listening and doing something about it. i'm glad that the boys are environmentally conscious, and i hope we all can do our parts in doing something good for the world.

I'm not angry that they're supporting a good cause, I just dont understand it.

And its not so much that they're supporting it, it's the format that they're doing it in. It's so much like a cheesy television comercial. I just dont understand why they couldn't have done it in a way that's more "green day". If you were to go back 10 years, they would never have done this, and I dont understand why they're doing it now.

This commercial and the way they're acting is reminding me of a has-been rock band trying to claw at the last inches of fame they have left. And Green Day isn't as has been rock band.

It just seems kind of lame to me.

ok, everybody has there own decisions and stuff and thats fine idont care. but i really think this is a great cause and i can tel u y they didnt do this 10 years ago, or wouldnt have done it ten years ago, cuz in 1996 this wasnt abig issue , and even if it was, they were still the "brats" they were before. i mean look at them, Billie and Tre are high school drop outs who dropped out cause of their music. music is the only thing they've ever known and now they've realized thatt hey have to grow up and not have kids make the same mistake they did. they are trying to get good messages out there to all the young kids, like me, to realize whats good in life. and maybe thats not the exact message they put in there songs, but thats what they say, and i think what they say is more imprtant than what they sing.

Yep. Go Green Day. I don't know if there's really much I can do to help even though I read that but Im definately going to think about it. :ermm:

Heh. I liked the video. It's like one of the few times I've seen Tré keep from doing something completely strange or horny for such a long time, but of course he wouldn't. It's an important cause. He sounds like he has a cold though and he's rocking back in forth in his chair at the end. :P

I thought he looked like he was totally hung over and he was trying to hold it together for the video before he hurled. Poor Tre, too much rock 'n roll life.

I thought he looked like he was totally hung over and he was trying to hold it together for the video before he hurled. Poor Tre, too much rock 'n roll life.

wel after all, they admit to the drinking problem. im just suprised all of them arent drunk...

wel after all, they admit to the drinking problem. im just suprised all of them arent drunk...

:huh:

Where do you get your information?

:huh:

Where do you get your information?

lmao . . . they're probably guessing . . . yep. ok. sorry for sort of butting into this topic (i hate just coming into a thread)! Anyway, just gotta get my say in here - I think what Green Day's doing is actually pretty damn good. This is kind of ironic but we were talking about this exact subject in my world cultures class today; about the oil and all? I mean, it IS very weird that they're doing something like this - unexpected and all but hey, as long as they still keep up with their music, it's fine with me and WHO CARES if they'll be labeled sell outs?!

lmao . . . they're probably guessing . . . yep. ok. sorry for sort of butting into this topic (i hate just coming into a thread)! Anyway, just gotta get my say in here - I think what Green Day's doing is actually pretty damn good. This is kind of ironic but we were talking about this exact subject in my world cultures class today; about the oil and all? I mean, it IS very weird that they're doing something like this - unexpected and all but hey, as long as they still keep up with their music, it's fine with me and WHO CARES if they'll be labeled sell outs?!

[[Off Topic]] I think you're going to have to get used to comming into threads, its what we do here. :)

Its an internet comercial. Well, basically. But I think the NRDC or whatever the fuck their names are could've gotten their point across without using Green Day as celebrity endorsments.

Stop bitching.

It's great that they are using their "star power" for a good cause. They could just sit around making reality T.V shows that do good to noone, but they chose to team up for a good and useful cause.

Honestly, that is the most ignorant thing I have heard in a long time.

Musicians should be all about preeching. It's in the artform. It would be useless otherwise. Music is a stepping stone for getting your point across. And that's a good thing.

They would be "selling out" if they didn't do things like this. They would keep their fame and fortune to themselves, and they have prooven time and time again that they don't. So I don't see what the problem is.

Who cares if it's on the internet. It is a big media form that reaches a good amount of people.

Tre, Mike and Billie just want help and tell to the people the big problem about oil, this is bad?? i dont think so.. Really Good job :D

Tre, Mike and Billie just want help and tell to the people the big problem about oil, this is bad?? i dont think so.. Really Good job :D

YAY someone else thinks it's not bad . . . what's so bad about trying to save the earth?!

i don't get either why people don't want green day to do such things :/

it doesn't matter they are punk rockers, they can do good things for the planet than just masturbating on stage (i'm not staying they might stop doing it), but it's good for them to do that :)

...maybe they want to sell more... :P

I wasnt bitching :dry:

I was stating my opinion, as you just did.

K. Sorry for that. It was the first thing that came to mind.

I still think you're ignorant though.

K. Sorry for that. It was the first thing that came to mind.

I still think you're ignorant though.

Okay, you're allowed to think that. :)

i dunno...i feel like i'd rather have these guys saving the planet than oh, say, angelina jolie and brad pitt.

I don't care who the hell saves this planet. As long as my grandkids don't die of fucking skin cancer.

Exactly. They are called "punk rockers" , yet their taking on the planet sort of vibe...

dont get me wrong, its a great message that they are sending out, but if they were still called Sweet Children, would they have used them?

no, i dont think. yeah, i think its a little odd seeing musicians doing something off topic. even though i do agree wit what Billie's saying. cause i remember one day my dad said "what kind of car do you want when you grow up?" and that annoyed me cause i hate that prhase "when you grow up". but anyway, i said "i dont really have to get a car. i dont want one. ill just drive to my college when i get there and when i get a job, ill look for a house when i can afford it." and then he pissed me off more cause he said "April, you have to have a car. how are going to go shoppin, go to places that are out of walking distance." unfourtanetly, he was right. (bleh) so, yeah, i always thought about getting those hybrid things. with that, whats the phrase? live green go yellow? so.. yeah.

Hybrid cars are an excellent idea, but aren't they like 2x the price of normal cars? :/

Some people (who arent ROCK STARS) cant afford that..

^ heh, i can dream though. as for money, i dunno what the average price of the car is, and the average salary of my future job is. otherwise, i would do the math.

Archived