Green Day / NRDC Site now online

Fuzz

I think it's awesome that they're doing this! They obviously want to help so people should stop whining and let them do it.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno...i feel like i'd rather have these guys saving the planet than oh, say, angelina jolie and brad pitt.

i dunno...i feel like i'd rather have these guys saving the planet than oh, say, angelina jolie and brad pitt.

how about let us all save that fuckin' planet??? :eyebrows:

that is so fuckin' awsome that they're gettin involved,WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!

i wonder if al gore will help

Great initiative. The highest pressure on the government is needed, otherwise they'll just stay on this way, untill we're out of oil, with all the coming consequences. This is just a very impopular theme to talk about as a politician. It doesn't buy you votes. Because I can't believe they're not seeing the huge problem coming. Hybrid cars would be a really big step in the right direction.

But it's not only an American problem. This goes worldwide. What about China? What about India? In 15 years their oil consumption will be doubled. So what we need is citizens pressuring governments, we need enviroment organizations to pressure governments and we need international pressure.

So great job to Green Day for giving awareness to this to their huge audience. After all, it are the kids who have to live on a more and more polluted planet.

Great initiative. The highest pressure on the government is needed, otherwise they'll just stay on this way, untill we're out of oil, with all the coming consequences. This is just a very impopular theme to talk about as a politician. It doesn't buy you votes. Because I can't believe they're not seeing the huge problem coming. Hybrid cars would be a really big step in the right direction.

But it's not only an American problem. This goes worldwide. What about China? What about India? In 15 years their oil consumption will be doubled. So what we need is citizens pressuring governments, we need enviroment organizations to pressure governments and we need international pressure.

So great job to Green Day for giving awareness to this to their huge audience. After all, it are the kids who have to live on a more and more polluted planet.

exactally

it's great they're standing up for what they believe in and promoting this. the fact that it's Green Day doing it too is good, i mean if it was Bob Jones, would any of us have heard of it or even bothered to watch it? i doubt it. this way it gets at least some kids open to the idea

and it's funny watching Tre be smart.

glad i'm not the only one that thought that :lol:

^^

I can only agree with you - underbelly.

Consitering where you come from - you can only hope something is done very soon or die Niederlande will be washed away by the end of this century along with many other countrys and coastal regions.

lmao

ok so they did this video a month ago

I can tell by what the look like :lol:

im sure Billie loved saying that first bit "George Bush admitted the truth..."

good video though

im glad they're apart of this

oh and for all the hype that was going on in the first couple pages of this thread

I agree and disagree with what some of you said. yeah they're musicians, but now, they're also motivators.

People look up to them now. They're standing for what they believe in. They've become more political now because they realize that they can use their music to reach people and create opinions and change the world.

why not use that to help seek out a better world.

yeah the video was kinda corny, but it's for a good cause

^me to i agree with spark in the night

and Freddie Mercury fan why is your ava bush

this is great! cool site. hahah, and of course the first thing I checked out was 'Free Stuff' :lol:

do they wonder why people call them sell-outs?

they're not punk rockers anymore.

and i support the idea. awesome.

I'm not angry that they're supporting a good cause, I just dont understand it.

And its not so much that they're supporting it, it's the format that they're doing it in. It's so much like a cheesy television comercial. I just dont understand why they couldn't have done it in a way that's more "green day". If you were to go back 10 years, they would never have done this, and I dont understand why they're doing it now.

This commercial and the way they're acting is reminding me of a has-been rock band trying to claw at the last inches of fame they have left. And Green Day isn't as has been rock band.

It just seems kind of lame to me.

You're thinking exactly what I am. I'll sign up on the site definetly but...meh...I dunno. It sounded so scripted and forced it was un-real.

im hesitant to whether or not I should put my address down for that petition thing

I dont really understand it

are there going to be a thousand seperate letters or is it one big petition with a long list of names and addresses?

im hesitant to whether or not I should put my address down for that petition thing

I dont really understand it

are there going to be a thousand seperate letters or is it one big petition with a long list of names and addresses?

I don't really know.. but I got the feeling that it'd be like a thousand separate.. :unsure:

Archived