Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

besides..what the fuck does he care..the albums been out for 2 years..and BIAB almost one year...why talk shit now?

Sure Brandon Flowers has a right to say his own a opion. But why go to the media and say all the stuff he says? He has opions and thats fine with me. Everyone has an opion. Who knows, maybe he's jealous or maybe he's not. Whatever. But seriously he shouldn't run to the media every time he finds out about something that pisses him off. He doesn't know the whole story. Is he Billie Joe? No. Then he doesn't know for sure that the song is Anti-American. Brandon Flowers doesn't know everything about A.I so he shouldn't blab to the whole world about how much it pisses him off. Keep it to yourself Brandon Flowers. People don't give a shit about what you say about other bands.

My opion is that who cares what he thinks. He's just a person. Not like he rules the world or will kill Green Day or people who like Green Day.

Besides saying stuff like that just makes people hate him more. And of course start forums on Green Day websites (like this one) :P No offense meaning. It was "interesting" reading all your comments.

Does anyone else see the irony behind what Brandon Flowers has said?

He just proved Green Day's point about some Americans being way too touchy (touchy? Sorry, couldn't think of another word).

Yep. That's definitely where I was getting to at some points in my previous post. I think my first sentence or two says pretty much that. :) He's only feeding into what GD wants to happen.......

I'll agree with you that some Americans are too touchy. Hello, I'm American, but I realize that we're not the Gods of the planet, like some like to think.

wow the fonts hard to read...I know somethings up with my computer but yeah doesnt anyone nowadays just critsize them? Oh fucking well.

I feel so sorry for Brandon Flowers.... he's being childish and jealous...

GREEN DAY is the best :D:wub:

so 'Sam's Town' is a better representaion then American Idiot is? well if this is true, why was the first video filmed with mexcan actors?? and it looks as if it was filmed in Mexico or somewhere that's not USA. God Bless Canada :)

Brandon Flowers hasn't had an album sell 10 million copies, he shouldn't be talking.

i can cur with that..

Just take it as Brandon knows his band will never make it to their magnitude. :)

I have to agree.

I remember Flowers once justified his band by the amount of records they've sold. With the quote being-"we'll sell more records than them." And that made everything okay for him. Sure, the fact that his music has no message and very little originallity doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Focusing on the nice and sweet part of America isn't going to change anything. You guys just can't pretend that everything is okay down there. Other countries have every right to sing that song with passion. What the U.S is doing not only damages it's self, but the whole world.

I think that song swung open doors for alot of people. And stripping fans of their right to sing that song is almost like telling them that their opinions on the dear ol' U.S don't matter.

And yeah, I hate the Killers. Brandon's opinions aside, the guy's an ass. Starting fights with random bands, being cocky and ignorant in interviews.

Brandon Flowers should go Fuck himself.

It seems like he thinks that he along with the rest of the stupid band he's in is better than everyone else/every other band.

It also seems that he likes to start fueds with many different bands and people. Just so he along with the band can get into the media by making a big scene.

It's all a popularity contest.

We shouldn't care with he thinks about Green Day because really if you think about it . . Who the hell is Brandon?

In a few years from now we'll all forget about him and the Killers.

But a band like Green Day are legends and will never be forgotten.

Brandon Flowers is just jealous, but thats besides the point. In england the fans seem to be more "into it" as a whole. You never see the type of reaction Green Day got at Milton Keynes anywhere in the United States.

It also seems that he likes to start fueds with many different bands and people. Just so he along with the band can get into the media by making a big scene.

Always a sign of a weak talent. The emptiest heads make the loudest noises.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

brandon flowers... pfft. what a loser. :down:

i just realized that i'm listening to american idiot right now. :P wait.. now it's holiday. what kind of shuffle is this?

"somebody told me you had a boyfriend who likes like a girlfriend that I had in february of last year" makes everyone think!

now american idiot and holiday are totally stupid songs!

:dry: :down:

it's the scond time allready he says shit bout Green Day, I don't know if it was out for US readers but here in Brasil there was an article that he said he hated emo and wants to kill them and that Simple Plan and Green Day don't have any lyrics that makes u think! WHY THE F*CK DID HE PUT GREEN DAY IN TE MIDDLE OF EMO SH*T? He's a jealous bastard that's sooo obvious, hi's record didn't sell half as much as american idiot or any GD album :P lol!

"And yeah, I hate the Killers. Brandon's opinions aside, the guy's an ass. Starting fights with random bands, being cocky and ignorant in interviews. "

I agree completely. When this new album of theirs came out, he stated it was the best album to come out in the last 20 years. That's when I started truly disliking him and knew I wouldn't be buying anything of theirs again.

Just sent this to a moderator on the killers fansite cos their very popular thread on the subject got closed after being overun by killers fans supporting Green Day.

Green Day v The Killers.

Why close a thread which still has so much interest? I put it to you that you are scared of all the negativity that this subject has provoked and so you should be.IMO the killers are not yet big enough to alienate so many loyal Green Day fans. Green Day releasing American Idiot has actually done a lot for the world opinion of Americans. We all already thought you were a bunch of Bush regime brainwashed arrogant idiots. Post American idiot we realise now that not 100% of Americans fall into this category. The Brits understand the song American Idiot because we're well read and are able to form our own opinions. We make it our business to follow American politics because we've been dragged into an illegal war by your hair brained president. Green Day filmed Bullet in a Bible here because of the mutual appreciation of these facts. Scared I don't think so. We're now asking ourselves what do the killers stand for, what are their politics, do I want to associate myself with such a band? The answer for me is most definitely NO! Shame Hot Fuss was good.

That's great. Now I can go to sleep at night.

Seriously who gives a shit? That his opinion and I could careless about it,

Just sent this to a moderator on the killers fansite cos their very popular thread on the subject got closed after being overun by killers fans supporting Green Day.

Can you post a link for that thread that got closed.

And well done on the letter.

yep I agree... I don't really care what somebody thinks about green day...

That's great. Now I can go to sleep at night.

Seriously who gives a shit? That his opinion and I could careless about it,

Archived