Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

Quiet you! You're endangering the only topic where I can legitamately write 'disco loving twat'!

i never thought of it that way before... haha. okay, i still think it's stupid, but i can see the thrill in getting to use a term like that. :lol:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well whatever snags you a headline or two I guess. What he should understand that WARNING: was what laid out the initial groundwork for American Idiot's concept. You can't tell me that wasn't a socio-political album. It just didn't have a universal theme to it.

But in all seriousness, how the hell can you call it calculated when half the time Billie Joe doesn't know what he's talking about? That's not a knock on his lyrics, but his interviews. I realize things are beginning to boil over in the Middle East and the current administration is making us look awful. But suddenly this album album came out and Green Day were hardcore anti-establishment. To label it 'Anti-Americanism' is just rubbish, but sometimes I do wish they would stick to making music.

Oh and by the way...why does Flowers look like a gay Burt Reynolds in that picture?

Oh and by the way...why does Flowers look like a gay Burt Reynolds in that picture?

He IS a gay Burt Reynolds. 'Smokey and the Bum Bandit' anyone?

He IS a gay Burt Reynolds. 'Smokey and the Bum Bandit' anyone?

Haha yep he looks like a twat with that moustache but hey he can say whatever he wants..he's just looking for attention

The Killers' frontman said he believed that his band's new album 'Sam's Town' is a much better representation of America.

Shameless plugging much? lol

Brandon is an asshole, it's his problem that he feels offended, what he's doing is also cheap... making a promotion of his new album omg!

Brandon Flowers is a crap ass bum licker who is just jelous.

how can you always be so good finding the right words? :lol: totally agree :wink:

brandon is an arrogant bitch who dont know shit. i think their musics good but brandons pissed me off

I couldn't give a monkey's arse what this guy says, I have no clue who he is... I wouldn't know him if he

knocked on my front door selling Avon.

You know, i used to really like The Killers..

But now Brandon Flowers is just a cocky bastard.

i concur

i bought their new album, and liked it blah blah blah ,but he really needs to keep his mouth shut cause he's diging a hole , he said their new album is the best album in like ? something years, people think hes a nut,

and now this? i guess he is. :wacko:

i hate when bands diss others its too cheap,

but then again its kinda refreshing to hear someone dissing green day for being punk

Brandon Flowers is just jealous that American Idiot is a better album than he could ever do with the killers. He needs to understand theres a big difference between the Killers and Green Day. The killers is like pop-soft rock-dance music singing about god, his ex girlfriends, and liking a girl he cant have. Where Green Days songs have much more meanings, and better messages than that. More people understand American Idiot than he wishes to believe.

Green Day should write a song about him sayin that he should go fuck him self. :thumbsup:

No. They shouldn't. Green Day doesn't need to, and isn't going to sink to their level.

I couldn't give a monkey's arse what this guy says, I have no clue who he is... I wouldn't know him if he

knocked on my front door selling Avon.

:lol:

Brandon is so offended by GD being anti-American? Why did that asshole film his latest video in Mexico???

Brandon Flowers is just jealous that American Idiot is a better album than he could ever do with the killers. He needs to understand theres a big difference between the Killers and Green Day. The killers is like pop-soft rock-dance music singing about god, his ex girlfriends, and liking a girl he cant have. Where Green Days songs have much more meanings, and better messages than that. More people understand American Idiot than he wishes to believe.

No. They shouldn't. Green Day doesn't need to, and isn't going to sink to their level.

But if the difference in the bands' styles is so extreme, isn't it a little unfair to call one album better than the other? Let's not forget that most of Billie Joe's earliest lyrics were about ex-girlfriends and wanting girls he couldn't have.

well, Brandon, wake up and smell the Flowers, that's how a lot of the world sees America, and in fact, what Green Day did actually raised people's opinion of Americans, made them see that there was independent thought and some moral courage going on there, that everyone is not a slave to Bush's terror tactics

So True!

Okay, I'll admit it. I've been lurking on the boards for quite some time now! But I think is something I'd actually like to comment on.

Really, if you think about it, Brandon Flowers is doing exactly what Green Day wanted when they released AI. They're getting people to THINK. Even if his opinion doesn't agree with Green Day's, he's at least thinking about something he probably wouldn't have if GD hadn't released BIAB or AI. I can, admittedly, see where he's coming from with his opinion though. I don't agree with him necessarily, but he certainly has the right to voice his opinion.

I do think people confuse the real meaning of the song American Idiot though... to me it represents how much freedom we have in the US and other countries with similar governments. I mean, there are a ton of countries where there's no way musicians could get away with releasing a song like American Idiot. It's not anti-American, it's anti-establishment, it's saying whatever the fuck Billie Joe wanted to say when he wrote it. I admire bands that take that chance. I also really admire the fact that GD doesn't really care what anyone else thinks. The fact is, a lot of people agree with them about the current state of our administration, and it just really struck a chord with Americans, and actually with a lot of the world. And I don't even think it's just pointed at Americans. While we get blamed for a lot of things that are happening- we certainly didn't go into all of this alone. I'm not pointing fingers at other countries or anything, but I'm just saying kind of what my point was the whole time..... it's a song that almost everyone can relate to.

Oh yeah, and I really don't think insulting the Killers and Brandon Flowers is going to do anything. Last time I checked, we had freedom of speech. Of course that gives some of you the right to insult him, but hey. Be the bigger person.... haha.

I can just imagine Billie Joe's response to this: probably something to the effect of... "fuck em, we'll do whatever the fuck we want."

How true.

the thing that gets me is when he said "those kids arent taking it the same way as he (billie) meant it"

how does he know ? when they interviewed some there, they weren't like ohh AMERICA their idiots, they were like bush and the war is idiotic,, which it is cause you now ... it kills people

Archived