U2 to record with Green Day / Confirmed

Fuzz

I really hope Tre and Mike are on it. I'd love to hear Tre drumming on The Saints Are Coming! I've only just got into to the Skids. They sound a bit like The Clash. I love em!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From U2.com:

"U2 and Green Day will perform live, together, to mark the opening of Louisiana Superdome later this month. Before the football game between the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints, the two bands will perform a cover of The Skids track ‘The Saints Are Coming’ and a download will raise funds for Music Rising.

In the days following Hurricane Katrina, the Louisiana Superdome became a symbol of agony and distress. The NFL game on September 25th is the first event to come from the stadium since the Katrina devastation and the live performance by U2 and Green Day will be televised during ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown pre-game show between 7:00pm-8:30pm EDT...."

Billie better be singing, not just playing guitar. I was hoping Bono would let the guys have the spotlight as their guests.

From U2.com:

"U2 and Green Day will perform live, together, to mark the opening of Louisiana Superdome later this month. Before the football game between the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints, the two bands will perform a cover of The Skids track ‘The Saints Are Coming’ and a download will raise funds for Music Rising.

In the days following Hurricane Katrina, the Louisiana Superdome became a symbol of agony and distress. The NFL game on September 25th is the first event to come from the stadium since the Katrina devastation and the live performance by U2 and Green Day will be televised during ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown pre-game show between 7:00pm-8:30pm EDT...."

That place was like a vision of hell on earth during Katrina - it needed to be fucking exorcised, and something so uplifting and positive as this should go some way toward doing it, and give those people a new vision to take them forward.

wow, that youtube vid was great! :D

it looked so funny, and the buss came on and they had to move away, they had to do the walking thing pretty quickly :woot: squeee!!

i was wondering, since i had seen the clip on green say and U2 doing a phot shoot in abbey road, london (yay! they were in england last night! :lol: ....by 'they', i mean Green Day...) on youtube, if anyone knew if they were recording together in the UK or California....and if they were in london just for the photoshoot...

am i gonna be in trouble?

I didnt realize that those pictures I posted were from the Idiot Club

:unsure:

yes, I`m personnaly going to come round and scowl at you! :mad:

nah, they get leaked in the end and with something like this its going to happen even quicker. :wink:

dont worry about it sunbeam. I`m really not bothered by it.

anybody know where that video actually came from? is it just somebody who happened to have a video camera with them or what? and how come the news about the gig was being asked about a few days ago, before the news was released?

anybody think theres a motor mouth in one camp or the other?

That's really cool, i love that youtube video. Pretty dangerous though, i wouldn't want to be running through London's traffic at rushhour! I hope we get more pictures and stuff from it.

yes, I`m personnaly going to come round and scowl at you! :mad:

nah, they get leaked in the end and with something like this its going to happen even quicker. :wink:

And yet we still have to delete them? :/

dont worry about it sunbeam. I`m really not bothered by it.

anybody know where that video actually came from? is it just somebody who happened to have a video camera with them or what? and how come the news about the gig was being asked about a few days ago, before the news was released?

anybody think theres a motor mouth in one camp or the other?

Well, Bono is the one who told his sort-of-biographer about recording the track - and you did use the term 'motor mouth'! :)

From U2.com:

that gives me a reason to for once be excited for football.

Archived