Green Day Q&A Questions 2

Fuzz

I don't know if I like the most embarrassing thing they have gone through one, it would be interesting to see what they say - but it seems pretty general.

"Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?"

I like this one, if we had at least one question included directed to Billie - I would choose this one for sure, it would be nice to see which one he considers himself first.

"When was the exact moment you realized did you realize Green Day was going to be your life?"

I like this one, too. I think it has more.. depth to it, something that they could answer honestly or even playfully if they wanted to. I really want to see what they would say to that.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mike's Secret Admirer

I don't know if I like the most embarrassing thing they have gone through one, it would be interesting to see what they say - but it seems pretty general.

"Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?"

I like this one, if we had at least one question included directed to Billie - I would choose this one for sure, it would be nice to see which one he considers himself first.

"When was the exact moment you realized did you realize Green Day was going to be your life?"

I like this one, too. I think it has more.. depth to it, something that they could answer honestly or even playfully if they wanted to. I really want to see what they would say to that.

I really like the first one, but the second one not so much. Something's nagging at me telling me BJ already answered that before.

PEOPLE PLEASE REMEMBER: We need questions that are NOT related to family. Their families are none of our business (quote ChemicEmotions). We need questions that go indepth, where you can elaborate with a good answer, not yes/no questions. I don't like the embarrassing one, it seems as though you could get a quick answer. We want elaboration...

C'mon guys-- so far the only questions are the general ones that some people agree with and some don't.

Why isn't anybody posting in here?

I agree with Secret Admirer. If you don't agree, please tell us why so we can finally discuss it with other people and not just between ourselves.

The whole point of this is for us to agree and disagree (and eventually narrow it down), and to do that it would help if people would start posting in here.

1) If you were stranded on a desert island without any food and two of you had to eat the other one to survive, who's dinner, and why?

2) Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

3) Where does Ronnie Blake actually come from? Because we know you just say he's from where ever you're preforming at, and why doesn't he ever talk?

4) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to each of you on stage?

5) What's the most embarresing thing any of you have gone through?

I like these 5 :)

no except 4

C'mon guys-- so far the only questions are the general ones that some people agree with and some don't.

Why isn't anybody posting in here?

I agree with Secret Admirer. If you don't agree, please tell us why so we can finally discuss it with other people and not just between ourselves.

Post the questions we agreed on in the chat thing.

I like those :) Especially the first one because I'd like to know how Billie sees himself..

Although he did say in the MTV Raw interview from '95 that he 'just wanted to play guitar' but well that's a long time ago and we don't know how he sees himself nowadays

I like the question of why do they neglect songs off of 1039 and Kerplunk on tour, and the one where he got blue from.

You're right..it's too damn common. I'm sure they more than likely have gotton asked that before. I just thought it would be entertaining to hear. :blush: Scratch that.

Perhaps this question would be better?

*Do you ever worry that because you've been honest about using drugs and alcohol, your children will think it's a good thing for them to do?

[i'd like to add onto it by asking something like "Do you still indulge in habits like drugs (weed, in particular) and drinking?"]

or do you think it's too personal?

Whatsername.x, I really like your first question :].

The whole point of this is for us to agree and disagree (and eventually narrow it down), and to do that it would help if people would start posting in here.

I know. Nobody is posting here, and not narrowing it down to the one question they'd die for.

To NobodyLikesYou: Are you sure those are the questions you want?

And this is the list Me, MSA, Rebel, and Tedifer have agreed upon [again if ANYBODY DISAGREES tell us WHY]:

---" What advice would you give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?"

---"Pretend you never signed to a major label in 93. Pretend you still kept making amazing records, the same ones you've made now, and you were still on an independent label just before you wrote American Idiot. Do you think that a, you would still have written the immense quality of the record, and b, if someone asked you to sign, would you?"

---"Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?"

---"Down in 89 they played a few songs that are to this day known to fans just as ''Unknown Songs". Are those their own stuff or covers, what are the names of those songs and why didn't they recorded those in the studio?" [still questioning!]

---"What is different for you all to make insomniac, because you were known and succesfull.. compared to making Dookie when you weren't known to mainstream yet and didn't know if it was gonna be a success?" [if anybody has any idea how to reword that, you'll be a fucking genius =P]

I like those :) Especially the first one because I'd like to know how Billie sees himself..

Although he did say in the MTV Raw interview from '95 that he 'just wanted to play guitar' but well that's a long time ago and we don't know how he sees himself nowadays

Reading that reason, I'm feeling kinda doubtful about it...what if he says the same thing? There's a big possibility he would, and we don't want to waste a question. I'm having doubts on it now.

I know. Nobody is posting here, and not narrowing it down to the one question they'd die for.

To NobodyLikesYou: Are you sure those are the questions you want?

And this is the list Me, MSA, Rebel, and Tedifer have agreed upon [again if ANYBODY DISAGREES tell us WHY]:

" What advice would you give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?"

"Pretend you never signed to a major label in 93. Pretend you still kept making amazing records, the same ones you've made now, and you were still on an independent label just before you wrote American Idiot. Do you think that a, you would still have written the immense quality of the record, and b, if someone asked you to sign, would you?"

"Down in 89 they played a few songs that are to this day known to fans just as ''Unknown Songs". Are those their own stuff or covers, what are the names of those songs and why didn't they recorded those in the studio?" [still questioning!]

"if it was different for them to make insomniac, because they were known and succesfull.. compared to making Dookie when they weren't known to mainstream yet and didn't know if it was gonna be a success" [if anybody has any idea how to reword that, you'll be a fucking genius =P]

I'm having doubts on the third one. If you read that post I just made, you'll see why.

I still want my question to be asked..

"What was the best and worst experience you had with drugs and alcohol?"

What is the weirdest thing a fan of yours has done to try and meet you.. in reaction to meeting you.. to you. some variation of that. Whatever is fine.

I still want my question to be asked..

"What was the best and worst experience you had with drugs and alcohol?"

I think that's too personal. Plus, I wouldn't really care to hear about that...

What is the weirdest thing a fan of yours has done to try and meet you.. in reaction to meeting you.. to you. some variation of that. Whatever is fine.

I like that one as well.

Reading that reason, I'm feeling kinda doubtful about it...what if he says the same thing? There's a big possibility he would, and we don't want to waste a question.

Seeing that there is so much doubt on the question of where he got it from, I think it should be asked anyways.

I agree to the ones we discussed in the chat thing, but i also really think the question about Coming Clean should be considered. It's not a common song and hasn't been asked about as much as the others. I think that's the only one i really want in there, other than number one on ChemicEmotions list.

Seeing that there is so much doubt on the question of where he got it from, I think it should be asked anyways.

Elaborate.

I agree to the ones we discussed in the chat thing, but i also really think the question about Coming Clean should be considered. It's not a common song and hasn't been asked about as much as the others. I think that's the only one i really want in there, other than number one on ChemicEmotions list.

Oh, I forgot about that one! I really like that one, too. Where's Chemic?

I like the drugs and alcohol one.

Also, if you were in the chatroom, just close your window and open it up again..

About coming clean:

"dude, does it really matter what coming clean is about? he did an intervie in the 90s with The Advocate so we know he's bi and therefore it probably IS about that." quoted by "Someone".

I like the drugs and alcohol one.

Also, if you were in the chatroom, just close your window and open it up again..

Ohhh...are you still there?

Elaborate.

In the first thread everybody was doubting where he got Blue from because there were so many different answers floating around, like he got it from his dad, his mom gave it to him, or some guy in a band have it to him.

Then how about..

"What would you like to be doing 10 years from now? Will you still be making music?"

---" What advice would you give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?"

---"Pretend you never signed to a major label in 93. Pretend you still kept making amazing records, the same ones you've made now, and you were still on an independent label just before you wrote American Idiot. Do you think that a, you would still have written the immense quality of the record, and b, if someone asked you to sign, would you?"

---"Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?"

---"Down in 89 they played a few songs that are to this day known to fans just as ''Unknown Songs". Are those their own stuff or covers, what are the names of those songs and why didn't they recorded those in the studio?" [still questioning!]

---"if it was different for them to make insomniac, because they were known and succesfull.. compared to making Dookie when they weren't known to mainstream yet and didn't know if it was gonna be a success" [if anybody has any idea how to reword that, you'll be a fucking genius =P]

I don't really like the Q about the 'unknown songs'.. I don't know, doesn't seem like we'd be getting an interesting answer out of that.. Plus I don't know the songs and all and I'd rather read an answer to a question I actually know about..

'When you were recording Dookie, you were still a band unknown to the mainstream. After Dookie became a giant success, you guys recorded Insomniac. Was it different to record Insomniac compared to Dookie, because you were known and successfull as a band now?'

something like that?? ^^^^

[what happened to the chat thingy??]

I know what Coming Clean is about, we've just never had a very indepth answer about it before, that's all. Especially now he's older. If you want to ask yet another question about Good Riddance or Basketcase, whatever, i'm just putting my input.

I don't really like the Q about the 'unknown songs'.. I don't know, doesn't seem like we'd be getting an interesting answer out of that.. Plus I don't know the songs and all and I'd rather read an answer to a question I actually know about..

'When you were recording Dookie, you were still a band unknown to the mainstream. After Dookie became a giant success, you guys recorded Insomniac. Was it different to record Insomniac compared to Dookie, because you were known and successfull as a band now?'

something like that?? ^^^^

[what happened to the chat thingy??]

That sounds good. :thumbsup:

Archived