Another award for Green Day

Parley

Disbanded R+B trio DESTINY'S CHILD have been honoured for their contribution to international pop music at the MTV Asia Awards 2006. Singer KELLY ROWLAND accepted the award on behalf of herself and her former bandmates BEYONCE KNOWLES and MICHELLE WILLIAMS, and thrilled guests at the Bancock, Thailand, venue with an energetic rendition of her new solo hit GOTSTA GO. Rock band KORN kicked off the show performances with their hit TWISTED TRANSISTOR and went onto take home the trophy for Favourite Video for the same song. International star RICKY MARTIN and KELLY CLARKSON celebrated after winning Favourite Male and Favourite Female respectively, while GREEN DAY were honoured as Favourite Rock Act. The show, in it's fifth year, saw VICKI ZHAO named China's Favourite Artists, while Twins were named Favourite Hong Kong act and Tata Yong won for Thailand. Other performers included DANIEL POWTER and British pop star SIMON WEBBE, who was also honoured as Best Breakthrough Artist.

08/05/2006 02:59 contactmusic.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Thanks for the article.

Yay! That's my boys. <3 I am kinda surprsied that Korn beat them for best video though... seems like GD almost always wins at that category. But I guess Green Day fucking the VMAs last year was good enough for me. :thumbsup:

yeah, i saw it live here in Philippines. it's weird though, that Rivermaya won the Favorite Philippine artist, they're not even that famous here.

they just showed compilation videos of Green Day winning at the grammy's, vma's mike talking and stuff.

i'm happy for them and my cellphone load wasn't gone to waste because i voted five times for them.

Well then where can I find the pictures?

i wasn't serious...

Yeah! I was read it on GDA..

congratulationes to Green Day..! :thumbsup:

Another award for them to throw in their trophie/plaque room

I wonder where they put them.

Has anyone been keeping count of how many awards they've won for American Idiot? They must all need to add another room onto their homes for all the trophies! :D

haha I am sure with the huge houses they have they can fit all of it and more for the next album.

oh they dont need to fit them.. i eat them all before they get a chance :shifty:

Has anyone been keeping count of how many awards they've won for American Idiot? They must all need to add another room onto their homes for all the trophies! :D

Billie sends me his awards, I display them proudly in my game room. My friends are really impressed, they are good conversation starters. Whenever Billie, Mike & Tre come over to shoot pool and hang out they compliment me on how well I have them arranged. Its the least I can, they're good guys ya know?

Archived