Would Green Day be where they are if American Idiot was their first and only album?

Xihix

I was just curious on what you guys think. Would Green Day be where they are if American Idiot was the only album Green Day they have ever released or made? I'm really not sure. I probably wouldn't be a Green Day fan, since I might think they were just another political band trying to make it big, but because of their older albums, I actually have more respect to them then a lot of things in my life. What do you guys think?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well a lot of people seem to think that ai is their one and only album so i doubt it would make a difference, a lot of the new fans don't seem to give a shit about their older stuff neither does the media.

if dookie was never released, the mainstream would probably be different now and i doubt that a band like green day would stand much of a chance in that musical climate.

also, green day is far from a political band.

if dookie was never released, the mainstream would probably be different now and i doubt that a band like green day would stand much of a chance in that musical climate.

also, green day is far from a political band.

I know that, but if you had understood what I meant, you wouldn't say that. What I mean is that I probably wouldn't even care about it, so I would just think that, without getting their album and stuff. But, from past albums, I decided to get AI and uhh... yeah.

well a lot of people seem to think that ai is their one and only album so i doubt it would make a difference, a lot of the new fans don't seem to give a shit about their older stuff neither does the media.

i no what idiots like u could go past albums such as dookie and insomniac there like legend albums

umm maybe they would be slighty different to where they are now because some people might think they are pop instead of rock. but for the people who had Ai album as their first might not effect them as much.. :pinch:

No record company would have let them spend over $1million on a political "rock opera" if it was their first album and they had no prior track record, so they wouldn't have been able to make AI, at least in its current form.

I didn't say it did. You just like to be contrary. I said they wouldn't have been able to record it in the same manner they did. It could have been better or worse, it just wouldn't have been the same.

I didn't say it did. You just like to be contrary. I said they wouldn't have been able to record it in the same manner they did. It could have been better or worse, it just wouldn't have been the same.

it's people playing instruments. why couldn't it have recorded recorded in the same relative manner? the only thing that would be different on the album would be the production, and the high-end production on american idiot hurts the album anyway.

Also, I think BIAB wouldn't excist, even if AI did. What would they do, just play the whole album like 2 times?

I doubt they would have had the experience that they did to make the album. It came from previous albums and age. The great thing about green day is their longevity as a band.

And in response to the over-done "new fans, who bought american idiot first wouldn't care, erm, they don't care". You guys are so close minded.

I can't speak for everyone, but than again, many of you do just that. But speaking from personal experience, a new fan can own, love and appreciate older albums. Thank god for music world.

I'm not too sure. It's hard to picture them coming out right now. I guess they would fit, but I don't like the idea of it. They seem more of an evolving band and one that has a history that everyone :mellow: knows about.

The buzz around them would have been big but maybe it wouldn't lasted and, with their lack of experience, they would have made a second album that wasn't as good as the first one and people would've forgotten them.

i think that they probably still would be pretty big, like all the videos and awards for the one album, but not really as much success or pride because they didn't really sing much about themselves, just a sort of story, well, except Wake Me Up When September Ends. I'd still like them probly, just not as much as i do since i know that they have so much more in them than just that!

Also, I think BIAB wouldn't excist, even if AI did. What would they do, just play the whole album like 2 times?

yea is played two times

and if bush never start this war maybe they never start american idiot dont u think?

maybe the album without war can be a album like nimrod or warning :cool:

Guest steph123minority

smart person right there your my idol^

The concerts wouldn't have been as good and I would have 3 cd's less than I had before. Oh and about 60 of the 73 Green Day songs I have on mu computer wouldn't be there.

it's people playing instruments. why couldn't it have recorded recorded in the same relative manner? the only thing that would be different on the album would be the production, and the high-end production on american idiot hurts the album anyway.

If the production was different, then the album wouldn't be the same, which is what I said. You're the one who keeps bringing up whether it would change the quality. Just because you think the high end production hurts the album doesn't mean it's true, it's just your opinion. You always post your opinions as those they are obvious facts which everyone knows or they're stupid, when they are merely your opinion which could be right or wrong. You post in the most condescending manner of anyone on this forum.

If the production was different, then the album wouldn't be the same, which is what I said. You're the one who keeps bringing up whether it would change the quality. Just because you think the high end production hurts the album doesn't mean it's true, it's just your opinion. You always post your opinions as those they are obvious facts which everyone knows or they're stupid, when they are merely your opinion which could be right or wrong. You post in the most condescending manner of anyone on this forum.

almost every single thing posted on a message board is opinion, so thanks for that rant. maybe you should single out each and every reply and explain to that person that what they're saying is solely their opinion. i really did appreciate you pointing out that what i said was my opinion. after all, i'm the one who said it, so people never would have guessed it was my opinion, would they?

Archived