I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats a great idea! i mean cmon! Green Day is a thousand times better than Queen Latifah! I havent even heard any of her music! plus remember the words of our Gods: "History will tell if we were really a good band or just a one day fly." Let's show them history's today and that they were more than a really good band. They were some peoples' lives.

Yes, I suppose finding out if they want it would be a smart idea. :pinch: It'd be a bit of a nasty surprise if they didn't want one...

also to keep there fame everlasting we just have t o keep listening to the music and supporting them in there descions they make about the band. unless its to break up ;)

To answer the question about money, the $15,000 goes to the making of the star, the organizing of the ceremony and publicity for the event itself. This is put on by a not for profit agency so the moneys all going to the right places.

And remember, we don't have to pay a dime, until they get selected.

this is really cool. ill donate all i can but how about more fundrasing things, like the gigs gothic_princess suggested? then all the people who have said they want to help but cant afford to put any cash in can be a part of it too??? just say if you need anything doing, id love to be a part of it

Yes, yes, yes. Yes. YES!

Yes. :D

About the donating thing, (sorry if this has been answered, but I don't want to read 8 pages) would I be able to send cash in an envelope, the good old fashioned way? I don't have my own credit card, and I don't see my parents supporting this kind of investment.

About the celebrity thing--when BJ said that, he was much younger and much newer to fame. Yes, I think it's fair to say that he's accepted his fame. Fortunately, that doesn't mean he's started suddenly acting like an asshole and demanding 1,000 brown M&Ms in a bowl (to my knowledge, at least). Anyway, I don't think the Walk of Fame itself is a disgusting idea. It'd be like a Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame honor, only we don't have to wait 25 years for it. If you scorn the idea because of the company they'd have, well think of it this way. If you hate something because you hate most of the people involved in it (like TRL, for example), the only way to make it better is to have someone participate that you do respect. It's the same reasoning against all the liberals moving to Canada because Bush was elected. I'm sorry if none of that made sense, but you're gonna have to trust me on this one. It's the middle of the day and I'm thinking perfectly rationally, so you have no excuse not to follow me.

^i think how the money is collected will be sorted if it gets past the nomination process. hope that helps.

ooh hey, raise the money by like, ooh, this is crazy i just had a better thought while writing that, i thought of getting like a memorbelia peice of sumthing, but if GDA [ive heard they have this] could get in contact with the guys, then maybe the could donate something like memorbelia to be auctioned on like ebay.

or if theres no contact with the guys, then you could just like make a new greatest hits cd with reprise allowing you to, and like sell it to raise the money.....

yeah i dunno i thought thad be cool. cos i cant donate money, my dads forbids it, but i can buy stuff...so thats where i got it.

SMILE :D

why don't you just contact reprise and ask for Green Day's permission,before thinking of anything else that has to do with money and stuff..first they have to say yes

i think this is a great idea. i'm on bored if we get permission from both partys (Green day the band and GDA)

i would really enjoy doing something for green day. like getting them a star on the walk of fame.

the reason why we should all do this. because were green day fans and just think how much Green day has done for us. they have given us so much musicly and they have never disapointed.

we owe them this sign of gradatuited. its the least we can do.

so come on lets do this great idea and get this $15,000 rasied in record time and prove that Green days fans are the best in the world.

i know i owe them everything so just think of this "what Green day's music has done for you."

great idea! that means when green day fans go to california and go down the walk of fame they'll see green days star..and they can say "i helped them get that star but it was worth it..it's green day they totally deserved it ..and we hadda show green day we loved em' didn't we?" :D:P:D:D

really cool idea man!

is this going any further than this thread? havent heard anything from the original posters in ages.

its a great idea. so green day will be remembered forever. green day really desreves it after all there hard work.

i think thats brilliant. it would be really cool to look at that star of theirs someday and realize that you were a part of getting it put there

wow willgc, you sure will feel very special if this happens considering your the one who proposed with the idea

is this going any further than this thread? havent heard anything from the original posters in ages.

yes...that's what I'm thinking, where is the author of the thread?

Archived