Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

my mum has the similar taste in music as me but my dad is like still living in the 70;s and 80;s and he listens to talkback radio and stuff

And hes only 32!!!

I have the same music intrist as my dad because of the beatels and older band to :D and from my mom she just got me intrested into some 80's bands like INXS :P

My parents are pretty big Beatles fans, so that's how I grew up listening to them and other classic rock. I think my sister and I listen to my parents' CDs and records more than they do. And now that I'm discovering more classic rock on my own, I like to make mixed CDs and share them with my dad so he can play them in his car. It's fun when we can share music. :) Oh, and he definitely got me into The Who.

My mom claims to like all music, but her tastes are mostly mainstream oldies. She likes some classic rock, but she also likes ABBA and Josh Groban, so...yeah. Oh, and both parents deviate from my tastes into the realms o f James Taylor and bossa nova. :sick:

It's funny, though, my dad bought that Fountains of Wayne album that came out a few years ago. The one with "Stacy's Mom." We all pretty much like it, so for a while the whole family would listen to it together. It felt really lame, but whatever.

both of my parents completely despise all the music i listen to and pretty much think that im posessed by the devil. imagine how surpised i was when my grandma(who doesnt speak english) walked into my room one day and recognised the posters of Green Day and pointed out Billie Joe as the singer? i guess that im watching too many of their DVDs!!!

my mom says the punk music that i like is "disgusting". whenever she walks in and im listening to it, she'll make fun of my music by "dancing" in the most idiotic way possible. She likes R&B and john mayer and norah jones and crap like that. I can't stand her taste in music. It's so boring.

My dad is awesome. We always talk about music. I remember when I lived in Germany, we'd always listen to Pink Floyd because my mom doesn't like it and we'd have fun pissing her off like that. He's totally into the 90s though, and doesn't really like punk that much. Except The Clash. He loves rockabilly, and used to play the double bass. Totally into psychadellic rock too, which I love.

He loves the Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana. It's wicked, we're always exchanging CDs and records. He's kinda angry and violent haha, but I guess that's why we get along so well--because I am too. Music & everything else, we get along&stuff. If it wasn't for my dad, I'd be insane. Or in juvie haha

My mom likes country and pop shit. Even at the age of 23, she still makes me feel bad and drags me to country concerts. My dad...well, he likes OLD SCHOOL country.

my mom likes a lot of modern rock and country

my dad likes country and some green day

hmm kinda the same as my mom she likes songs with alot of drumming in it like wake me up when september ends, are we the waiting, give me novacaine, american idiot the start of extraordinary girl lol when she 1st heard the start she put it up really loud and the few days later my dad did the same but mon didn't say anything .yea songs like that

my dad im not exactly sure but his not as interested as my mom

My mum listens to The Beatles so thats how i came to love them.

But my mum likes the Misfits :blink:

but we also hav musical differences she likes Good Charlotte and Simple Plan :sick: bahahha i dont!

My dad likes CCR, some rock band from when he was young.

He also likes some Green Day songs. My mom doesn`t listend much to music.

My parents like the lyrics in Green Day's songs, but they can't listen to it for more than 15 minutes before they switch to something like Katie Melua or Deep Purple. Usually when we sit in our car, I have to torture myself through several hours with jazz. It's okay for a couple of minutes, but when it streches out to hours I'm going crazy...I know half the songs of Katie Melua by heart...haha :rolleyes:

my mom says the punk music that i like is "disgusting". whenever she walks in and im listening to it, she'll make fun of my music by "dancing" in the most idiotic way possible.

My mom is exactly the same haha :P

I like some of the things my parents like, but they hate my music :P

I have they same music taste as my oncle.. so I sort of got that from my mom :P

why is this thread back? it sucks, we need some new threads or just something interesting to happen around here.........common guys look at it! :ermm:

ehm, they like Green Day, but they prefer other Italian old artists...by the way they like 'em

The music taste of my father is not that bad, nut my mum has no clue of music.

She only listens sometimes to classic and a few days ago she went with cd's in my room and wanted to convince me, how good classic is. :wacko:

Now I dreamt, she would give me to my 16th birthday only a huge pack of classic cd's! :/

Different, but Similar as well.

My mom loves Classic music, but she also likes Green Day.

She said they make really good music. And i totally agree.

My Mum and Dad were teenagers when they had me in the seventies so I was weaned on Deep Purple, Led Zep, Hocus Pocus, Stevie Wonder (thanks Mummy!! I wubs his funky stuff) and later on Ian Dury and the Blockheads and the Jam. So I have a lot to thank my parents for! On a similar note, the first time I heard AI was on MTV and my *then* 2 year old daughter came charging into the living room and started pogoing like a small posessed pixie. She has most definitely got the loud, obnoxious music gene! :lol:

my mother likes only old polish songs (Ewa Demarczyk, Czewrone Gitary, Edyta Geppert...).

she really doesn't like Green Day. she calls them "green fools" and she says that they scream too much :blink:

my dad likes old rock bands (Electric Light Orchestra, Marillion, Budka Suflera). he can't stand punk.

everytime I'm listening to it, he says: "turn off this crap!"

we have a different taste

My parents like the same music as me. Well my mum does mostly my dad doesn't :/

My mum likes reet good music.

She's been OBSESSED with Placebo ever since they started out.

She has every single CD, Album and DVD they ever made.

But yeah, I like pretty much what she likes - I tend to get alot of my music off her.

and I couldn't care less about my dad.

My parents are the most unmusical people ever. They hate punk, rock, heavy metal etc. They don't like anything I like. They don't even like rock from their generation.

My parents are the most unmusical people ever. They hate punk, rock, heavy metal etc. They don't like anything I like. They don't even like rock from their generation.

"I_Want_To_Be_The_Minority" that's a funny name :lol:

Archived