Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

Of course! =D My mom is a huge U2 fan, so Saints are coming is the best for us - she thinks, cuz both of us can listen to her favorite band at the same time :cool: And yeah my mom is cool, she painted me a really awesome Billie Joe painting for Christmas, and she's not freaking out everytime when I'm talking about Green Day so yeah, that's enough for me =D

my parents are funny to me...they're both straight up deadheads, but they always say they "respect" green day's music.

I can imagine that respect, sounds funny :happy:

Yeah, at least my mom likes Green Day. She didn't know them before, but when I began to listen to them, she liked :lol: My dad doesn't like so much, but he likes songs like Good Riddance, Give me a Novacaine... and I don't know what else. But my mom likes more the music than my dad, and she listens to a lot of artists, some that I like too [that's why I know a lot of very old rock musicians :lol:]. And she also knows a lot of bands because of me, like the Ramones, Sex Pistols... she even likes Rancid :lol:

I dont think my dad has a problem with them, he just doesnt understand why i like such "simple" music. :P

mom thinks any kind of music is "just noise" though :lol:

my dad liked green day! ... lol he even had cd's of his own with their music lol ... kinda weird actually!

and my mom thinks their ok ... she says that they are better than other bands I listen too lol :P

I don't really know if my parents like Green Day :lol: Both attended the show in Hamburg in October just because I said it's a band you have to see live. And I think they liked it :D

Otherwise I can't explain why my mom wanna see them again in Hannover this year *g* My dad doesn't have time, so she'll drive with a friend. She likes most of the songs (especially 21 Guns, WMUSE, Minority and Good Riddance), so it's okay :) *g*

my mom heard Green Day for the first time ever the other day.

i had the 21CB album in the car radio and 21 Guns was playing and this conversation ensued:

mom: who's that?

me: Green Day.

mom: oh.

*awkward silence*

mom: is that Billie Joel or whatever his name is?

me: :lol: mom, it's Billie Joe. and yes, that's him singing.

mom: i don't like his voice. he can't sing for beans.

me: D:<

My parents love Green Day. >.<

It all started when my mother and I were reorganizing my room, a couple years ago. I played Misery on repeat until she had the tune stuck in her head. She had my dad print out the lyrics, and buy the song on iTunes for her, and things are now much worse - she's making a Green Day purse cover for herself.

My dad didn't really like them until last year, when we went to see them in concert. He didn't even want to go to the concert with us, but my mom found a friend of hers at work that would take his spot, and he didn't want that happening. He went anyways, and now, he plays Green Day very loudly on his computer. Like, I can feel the bass halfway across the house.

I really am freaked out by my parents. But it's all my fault.

^ Misery is one of my mom favourites songs from Green Day too. I think she even began to like them because of that song :blink:

My parents don't mind Green Day, they've had to learn to like them I guess. They're going to come see them at Manchester because my Grandma bought two tickets even though I bought mine, so we ended up with two spare and unless the concert sells out soon so we can sell the tickets my parents are just going to watch them, they'll have to come fetch me from Manchester anyway so they mights as well watch them too.

My dad likes a lot of 80s music, the stuff he grew up with. It is played on our local radio station all the time so I've grown up with it too and love it. I'm not entirely sure what my mum's taste is, she bought herself a Lily Allen CD but then when she actually listened to the lyrics for the first time realised they were really rude and gave it to me :lol:

My dad says stuff like 'You should be listening to 'Black Sabbath' or 'Pink Floyd', but my mum falls in love with all the acoustic/softer songs such as 'Last Night on Earth,' or 'Macy's Day Parade,' or 'Good Riddance' ( obviously :lol: ) But yea, thats my parents music interest. :)

My brother likes them....actually hes the one who got me into them because he bougt dookie and the basket case single back in 94...and me as a little kid totally loved the sound....and baby me was a fan since then xD :happy:

And my Mom likes a few songs too....my Dad doesent even know who they are :pinch:

i Sharing musical interests with my parents like Pink Floyd, cause mi mom LOVES pink Floyd and David Bowie, and with my dad... Los Prisioneros *-* and some chilean music but they doesn't like Green Day. well,they doesn't matter listen they music but doesn't like them... my uncles likes Green Day, especially my youngers uncle (32 years old) ^^

... oh and my little sister loves Green Day ^^ she have 6 years old and loves Blvd of broken Dreams and the video and nice guys finish last's video :D

thats all xD

My parents....I bet they even cannot pronounce "Green Day"...only Italian pop....My father likes also classic rock, as Pink Floyd,ecc...but I cannot critizice him, because he brings me to GD concerts... :whistle

My parents are both into Green Day. I got them both into Green Day. My mom has a huge crush on Mike! Dad just likes them all. My parents' music interests are very messed up in the head. Like my mom loves anything from Beethoven to Abba to Green Day and Disturbed (O.o). My dad likes anything from Chris Ledoux, ABBA, Green Day, and AC/DC (o.O).

my parents HATE green day and other kind of music i like. im not allowed to play loud music, and if i do, the just response be putting there 80´s music on, and "turn it to 11". they really dont care about what i like. if i want to hear it, i should just use earphones... i know this sound typical teen, but sometimes i find it a little hard to like my parents.

my dad doesnt even like music. AT ALL

my mom loves ABBA... and cant stop playing there music.

(i HATE ABBA)

I got my taste in music from my mom. she was the one who actually got me into GD at a young age. My mom was a total punk! she loved going to concerts and listened to a ton of great bands. She had such a great taste in music! i would always go to her for music and all. i miss her so much!!! :cry:

but my dad wasnt into music, but when he met my mom, she got my dad listening to some good music as well.

both my parents like Green Day but not as much as my sister and I! :P

My mom thinks Green Day is the devil...and she thinks one of them is the anti-christ....the sad thing is....i'm not joking

@ BULLWINKLE!

I think the one that's the anti-christ is either Billie or Tre. But that's sad that your mom is so judgemental like that.

@Thececilie

That's stupid. If you have to show them respect for their music, they should show you the same amount of respect.

@BillieJoeObsessor

Your mom sounds kick-ass!! Go mom!!! >O<

My parents aren't good listeners..:D

My father doesn't listen any music style,he listens only some melodies from TV or radio. I don't understand him :D

And my mother listens rock,but only some unimportant bands from our little country.

When I listen some Green Day song I always scream at my mother : "Hey mum,do you like this song?"

She usually says "No" :(

But she likes WMUWSE,JOS,Letterbomb,Time of your life and Last niight on the Earth.

At least something. :)

Just because I put the music so loud my mother likes some songs like wake me up when September ends Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and 21 Guns....

Just because I put the music so loud my mother likes some songs like wake me up when September ends Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and 21 Guns....

Exactly! Our mothers like the same songs :)

They can listen best music,becouse they have great children :D :D

my mum doesn't have any problem she's really ok and when she says something bad about green day (y'know that they are junkies, mad etc) i always reminds her that her favourite bands were junkies.... but she dislikes billie joe's on-stage masturbation and the lyrics from dookie!!!! she calls billie joe obscene :blink: because he masturbates on stage and because the lyrics he wrote for dookie were about drugs, masturbation, boredom (unfortunately she knows english (she grew up in the united states ) :wacko: )...... but my dad doesn't like this kind of music..... when i see him trying to understand the lyrics or listening to green day because i listen to...... i feel so strange.... he pretends he likes it because green day's my favourite band and he doesn't want to embarass me..... :rolleyes::happy: he's great!

My parents are both into Green Day. I got them both into Green Day. My mom has a huge crush on Mike! Dad just likes them all. My parents' music interests are very messed up in the head. Like my mom loves anything from Beethoven to Abba to Green Day and Disturbed (O.o). My dad likes anything from Chris Ledoux, ABBA, Green Day, and AC/DC (o.O).

i feel u man..........(mainly about ABBA :ninja: )

My mom really doesn't like rock music at all.

she thinks that the guitar is annoying and considers it noise.

she likes jazz and her old school R&B, and her soul groups from the 70's.

She's not a fan of me liking Green Day cause she says I'm obsessed with them...

espcilally with "The guy with the two first names." [That's what she called Billie Joe.] :lol:

But, we were in Blockbuster and 21 Guns came on and she was singing it really softly

I like, looked over at her and smiled and said, "I heard that" and she said, "Well don't get used to it."

But my dad is pretty cool with it.

He likes everything and I was shocked to hear that he likes Nirvana and Metallica when his favorites groups are Run-DMC and Earth, Wind and Fire.

Whenever he's mad at me, he'll say, "Damn it, Joy. Maybe I should wear eyeliner and perm my hair and wear it all spikey and talk to you in a melodic voice. Maybe then you'll listen to me."

I always laugh everytime he says that. :lol:

@vaso_green_day

Yeah. I don't know how they like the music but whatever. At least their open to Green Day. Though my mom does tease that they need their mouths washed out with soap for the foul language. Eh, oh well.

Guest x-Green Day-x

My parents dont usually like the "style" of music I listen to.

But every now and again you hear them sing some Green Day song ;)

Archived