Parents' Music Interests , do they like Green Day?

Jillie Boe.

My dad is kind of neutral towards them but my mom kinda likes them. She's annoyed with 21 Guns and she can't understand why he says "One, 21 guns"

I put Warning in the car, and now my mom says its her favorite GD album. And now we have conversations in the car about the meanings behind the lyrics. I'm glad my parents kind of get it. :lol:

But my father likes "old rock music" like rolling stones, skorpions, the who, Queen and so on. He thinks GD is ok, but they aren´t at his age and so sth like "too young" :lol:

Well my mother isn´t so much interested in music. But she went with me and a friend to a concert of GD and I think that´s cool for a mother :thumbsup:

My parents are kinda neutral I'd say.

My father thinks he's so cool knowing only 2 bands that I like (Green Fay for sure, and, Linkin Park as it was my first obsession ever with music two years ago). We always argue as my father says that Green Day sucks (I bet he thinks they started to play in 2000 or so and he thinks that guys haven't turned their thirties yet). Last time while watching TV Metallica popped there, I said that they suck and why did they name themselves Metallica if they play hard rock, maybe a little bit of metal but not a big thing, and father replied that 'my green day suck way more than metallica' then, as always, I started telling facts, how long they're playing, how much albums do they have and stuff...

One older thing that's also kinda unforgettable happened with 21 guns while my father was switching the TV channels I saw GD and shouted 'ITS GREEN DAY!!', as always - that means get back onto that channel I wanna watch it. xD and while we were watching, my father stated that Billie is a hairy prick (according to his long hair). What a moron, isn't he.

My mom never pays attention to the music I'm listening or what I say about it, it's still all too loud, too noisy for her.. Only once she snapped out of the "trance" while I was watching my supervids dvd and after "Redundant" she said that it was quite nice song. :D

my dads into all kinds of music like the beatles, glen campbell, ac dc any thing like that. but he does like green day and is excited about seeing them when they come to brisbane

My mom likes random Green Day songs, but they are not her favorite or anything. I think she would get a kick out of their live show...her favorite music is classic rock/oldies and oddly enough bluegrass.

My dad likes classic rock, southern rock and country

I have gotten a lot of amazing music from both of my parents, which is super cool.

(I think my mom really likes Foxboro Hot Tubs when I played it the other day when I was home on break :D)

mom listens to U2 and dave matthews and i hate it. she likes good riddance and a few american idiot songs (shes a teenie hahahahah), and my dad listens to some ac/dc and Gnr, and i think theyre ok. he likes lots of blues too, and zeppelin and floyd....which i hate.

WHATEVER MY PARENTS DISLIKE....i like

hence they dislike green day

so obviulsy i am IN LOVE WITH GREEN DAY :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My mother don't like this band,but my father like them.He got all albums ^^.I don't know his favorite song XD

I picked my mum up the other day & had 21st CB on & she actually said "this is a catchy tune" - mind you mum is oldddddd (like 70) and really has no clue. I think she'd like GD without the swearing and if she understood the lyrics but ce la vie.....life would be dull and boring if we all liked and did the same thing.Mum is Pop

my dad was into 60's music like the Stones, the Who, Yardbirds, Eric Clapton. Dad was rock.

And me........i'd say i've got an ecletic taste - mostly rock with a bit of pop and classical thrown in,

My mum likes Green Day :) Well, she likes their newer stuff and some of the old singles like Minority and the such. She still gets sick of us talking about them and playing the cds aaalll the time though lol.

I have to lend her my 21CB book, so she can read all the lyrics and stop having to ask me what all the songs are about lol.

My mom always claims she likes Green Day, although she doesn't know so many songs... Her favorite is 21 Guns but she really likes Basket Case as well (who doesn't, actually?)^^

She doesn't get sick at all when I listen to Green Day like all the time and she's never said anything against my Green Day obsession..so shes kinda cool. And she also comes with me to see them at Wembley:)

My parents and I analyze their music videos and songs :happy:

They know Green Day makes me happy, and they feel bad that I won't be able to see them in 2010. They can't really send me to Europe to fend for myself in the summer and they won't be coming anywhere near Williamsburg, VA in the fall. So we're going to try and get tickets to the American Idiot Musical when it hits Broadway! I'm really bummed that I won't see them though...unless a miracle occurs! Hope springs eternal!

Not my father, but close:

My uncle LOVES all the good oldies and classics (Beatles, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Neil Young, etc.). So far, he has done a great job introducing me into great music, and now it's my turn :o He asked me for a good Green Day CD, and I borrow him Warning! and 21st Century Breakdown. He LOVED Green Day, especially Warning. He was like "OMG, I can't belive they are so good, their CD's are high fidelity and all, and Warning starts SO good...", and I was just "I told you they were good :)". Now he took Nimrod with him :lol: Let's see how that goes :)

My mum loves the American Idiot album and 21 guns. She hasn't heard much of their stuff though. She absolutely loves Jesus of Surburbia.

I don't think my dad likes them though. he's more into The Beatles and older stuff.

Both of my parents are Top 20 kinds of people :down:

...My dad likes Lady Gaga... a lot. Which is okay... but it's my dad hahaha.

I made my mom set her ringtone as Minority and my dad was the one who let me listen to American Idiot cause my mom didn't like any of the language/drug references. But they both loved the concert in SLC :D

My Mum likes lots of stuff, she definately enjoyed the Green Day concert I went to. My Dad is kind of more into the 80s.

my parents don't care about green day. my brother neither. i can't understand how that's even possible not to like them.

My mother's liked them since Dookie, and my father loves them. He was a teen in the '60s and she was a teen in the '70s, so they grew up in rock's booming era. I'd say their music has had an effect on me big time, particularly Billy Joel and Pink Floyd, because both are tied with Green Day as being my favorites of all time.

My parents do like Green Day .. but also Jay-Z and Beyonce .

So they like a different variety of music. :happy:

my mom listens to Pat Benatar, Paolo Nutini, Robbie Williams etc..

my dad listens to Bruce Springsteen, Alice Cooper, Van Halen, Bryan Addams.

My favorite "solo" singer is Bruce, like my dad.

My parents love Green Day ! :D

My parent's don't really care for it. i don't see how anyone could not care for it.
I totally agree. I'm an adult, but I know from what little my parents have heard of Green Day, they really don't like it. How can you listen to that noise? We've never really had the same taste in music though - too much of an age difference perhaps.

My sister liked GD before I did, but now she's just sort of like meh, they're okay. She says she likes their slow songs (?). She refuses to listen to the FHT CD. *shakes head in despair*

When I was a rank GD fan a few years ago, or at least when my obsession started, my mom already had some of their albums so my collection had started early, hah. She also had a tape that she gave to me, Dookie I think it was.

AND.

My favoritest.

When she graduated from nursing school, their song was Time of Your Life. Lots of grads use it, but still! THese are people in their mid twenties to fourties, LOL.

She always used to tell me, they were what she grew up with haha.

I love my mom. <3 :lol:

Archived