what was the first green day song you heard? The one that made you a fan!

rockchick86

Well... I listened Basket Case but I never knew that was of Green Day.

In 2004summer I hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams.Then I hear Wake

mE up when septeber ends...

And I am crazy for them :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I listened Basket Case but I never knew that was of Green Day.

In 2004summer I hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams.Then I hear Wake

mE up when septeber ends...

And I am crazy for them :rolleyes:

lol dude... this is similar to what happened to me. im insanely obsessed with GD now. everything i do for projects like art and english are on them.

lol dude... this is similar to what happened to me. im insanely obsessed with GD now. everything i do for projects like art and english are on them.

Like me!

I have "sobresaliente" in english for them :P

the first one was boulevard of broken dreams and then wake me up when september ends

on tv their was playing in live somewere

and i fell crazy in thier feet that day :lol:

and it was the same day i herd

mcr too.

and now i have 4 green day discs

and 1 of mcr,

• 2 weeks later...

Umm...the first song I heard was either Holiday or Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I'm pretty sure it was BOBD though. I heard it at school and on the radio and I liked it. I wanted to download it but I never got around to it. Then I think I was listening to my Dad's playlist and I was like You like that song? It's awesome.

And I didn't really like Green Day all that much when American Idiot first came out. I liked them, but they weren't really my favorite band. But now I love them.

Well... the first gd video shown in russia was BOBD. So this is the first song I heard. I liked it so much)) But the song that made me a fan was WMUWSE. My friend told me that it was cool and I went to greenday.com found videos and started listening to it. I couldn't stop cryin for so long... since that i'm a fan.

i was abot 9 or 10 and my guitar teacher played me good riddance and i liked it she told me it was green day and at the time i'd never heard of them then after that i heard their name crop up here and there then american idiot came out and i was like woah! because no other band had had that kind of impact on me so quickly and then the obsession began and here i am now 5 years after hearing them for the first time! and i still get the little chills down my back in parts of their songs :wub:

I heard basket case for the first time four years ago or something...that made me a fan :)

When I Come Around...8 years ago :) That was when all my friends were obsessed with boy bands and when I showed them the video for When I Come Around they all laughed at me...they were like....'Leanne, they're so ugly, that dude has green hair, that other dude has a stupid nose ring...' :/

i don't remember if i've posted here or not so...

The first song i heard was either Basket Case or When I come around. I don't remember which one i heard first cause they were both being played a lot on the radio, it was at the time when Dookie came out. All i recall i that i was instantly hooked.

And at the time i actually thought Green Day were english! :lol:

it was american idiot. from the album american idiot. my siste got it, when i was 11 and i was like what is that? can i borrow it? i never gave it back. i was so fascinated that i listend to i 24/7. afer a fue month i dared to look up the name of the band, which i was litening to. green day.

(just vry quick, american idio was the first song i listened to, cuz it's the first song on the cd, and i wouldn't start like with the second song, thought...)

Warning was the first song i heard...

but since American Idiot i´m more interessted in them :wub:

I'm in the choir at my school, and about two years ago we had to sing Good Riddance. I listened to it to get a feel of the song and i loved it. But I don't think it was until I saw Holiday on MTV that made me want to find out more about them... :unsure:

platypus... tht was all i wanted from a song... real emotion, delivered by a group of nutters... perfect...lol... plus it fitted with my life at the time...

When I Come Around. I was 8 years old. I didn't know it was them at first either.

mine was actually "Having a Blast" it was 1994 when i heard it...imagine that...a 4 year old singing "I'm taking all you down with me explosives duct taped to my spine nothings gonna change my mind..." LOL!

Archived