GD's 'Warning'

justcause

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm gonna confess a little hear, I always judge a song by the first few seconds or so, I dont know why, If the intro bores me, then it just makes me change the track, but, after listening to album from start to finish, I concluded that it was very good, in my opinion.

Songs like Jackass, Fashion Victim and Hold On were the ones that I eagerly judged and never listened to properly. It now turns out that Fashion Victim is one of my favourite songs off the the album, alongside Deadbeat Holiday, and I really liked Hold On for a while, although it's style was way different. I only liked the chorus from Jackass though. Misery dident shine on me at all really.

Although it's not my favourite album, I still think it deserves credit. A lot of bands have experimented and a lot of those albums have been completely abandoned because of how bad they were. Warning ended up being a Gold rated album and I think that stands for something personally. Plus it's not like every song on the album was different.

I love Warning. I love it how they tried something different and didn't just keep doing the same thing for every album. I think one of the best things about Green Day is that they always keep experimenting with new styles and you always know that every album will have something a bit different on it.

c'mon we all know how underrate Warning is - just because it's different & "less punk" :dry:

i love warning.it's an amazing album with fuckin great melodys & lyrics..

I mean..Green Day can't make everytime the same album again & again - the same style & write songs about masturbation..

Warning was something completely different & a step forwards for our guys & their career

I hate the Warning album.

i love some songs, but this is a worst combinations of good songs on the wrong place and the wrong time.

It's not punk.

It's far from truly punk rock.

Ouch smilie_sonst_019.gif

I love the warning album. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. It has some of my favorite GD songs like "Minority" and "Waiting" and I think the songwriting on this record is one of the bests of Billie Joe.

I love Warning. Just about every song on that album is great

I love the warning album. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. It has some of my favorite GD songs like "Minority" and "Waiting" and I think the songwriting on this record is one of the bests of Billie Joe.

it's just not my kind of songs that i love.

[from warning i only like deadbeat holiday and minority]

*Warning is the only album that i never bought from green day.

yeah i love this album, one of my faves behind 21stCB and nimrod, sometimes is actually infront of nimrod...depends on my mood

'Warning' was the album that made many people think that GD was on the way out; they flirted with any number of musical style, Billie is Sinatra-smooth at times - it's a natural progression from Nimrod, and I think it's the first showing of the range tht would go on to produce AI.

So - it's a transitional album, justified. But does it stand on its own merits as a GD album? I don't think so.

Briefly - Waiting, Minority, Macy's - top-notch, iconic GD. Church on Sunday - searing lyric, but the music is a total Elvis Costello try-out thing, and I don't think it works.

Blood, Sex and Booze - su-fucking-perb!

All the rest - well, could do better, boys!

Except, of course, for the knock-out live version of 86, which just makes you long for Insomniac.

And to think Shennanigans lay ahead! Ah, troubled times, you know I cannot lie!

Anyone else got an opinion?

In bold: the worst thing I have ever heard on a Green Day album. The song is good, but that live version just ain't up to par. They must have been having a bad day. Or it was filmed on an ancient mobile phone. I deleted it from my itunes.

The rest of what is say is about right, but only if you judge it by 'punk'. As a piece of music, I think Warning is one of the band's strongest albums.

Judging things by 'punk' is bullshit in itself. People take 3 chords and 0 deviation from the forumla too seriously. I'd rather Green Day produce amazing folk music (which I don't like) than by-numbers punk. That's what warning is - branching out and seeing what they could do without limiting themselves to a genre.

Well, Warning is my favourite Green Day album lyrically. I also think it's one of their best in terms of experimentation, although I think I prefer Nimrod musically. I think it's one of the most "punk" thing they could do at that point - instead of putting out a conventionally punk rock album in an attempt to keep their massive fanbase (which was undeniably getting lower around that time), they just did what they felt like doing, and I really love that. I seriously can never understand why it's considered their worst album; I think it's great.

Well, Warning is my favourite Green Day album lyrically. I also think it's one of their best in terms of experimentation, although I think I prefer Nimrod musically. I think it's one of the most "punk" thing they could do at that point - instead of putting out a conventionally punk rock album in an attempt to keep their massive fanbase (which was undeniably getting lower around that time), they just did what they felt like doing, and I really love that. I seriously can never understand why it's considered their worst album; I think it's great.

Warning is like pop corn.

Some like.

Some dislike it.

i'm high but i know what i'm saying.

I dont know...But maybe warning was an album to get new fans of other styles into Green Day.

I just don't like it..But i recognize the importance of the album

I honestly think Warning's their textbook "best" album, in terms of lyrics and music. It's not my favorite, but if someone asked me to produce something that proves GD can play in the big leagues songwriting-wise, I'd totally pick Warning.

If it weren't for Fashion Victim and Minority, I'd say it's the best Green Day record.

I disagree.

"Warning" is one of my favorite albums.

I think it is a tight album, and the songs go well together.

I completely disagree that the songs are "rip-offs" of anything.

There is influence on every Green Day album from various artists, so to pigeonhole one album and state that certain songs are rip-offs is not something I would agree with at all.

Most of people dislike this album, but I love this album even it's not punk at all.This album is melodical much,I think.

In this album my favs are;Blood,Sex and Booze,Church On Sunday,Jackass,Minority and Waiting best.Also other tracks are good too.Most of people might think this album is rubbish but it's not.

Warning I think was kind of a commercial flop and I think around them time people started believing that Green Day's time was past

However, I think it is EASILY one of their best albums. Lyrically musically, everything. I won't say its my favorite cause I can't make a commitment like that but its definitely up there. There's a nice mellow consistency about it, but still upbeat.

I like all the songs except for Fashion Victim really.

On 21st Century Breakdown you can hear a lot of Warning.

and I think Castaway should make a live comeback for this tour.

I disagree.

"Warning" is one of my favorite albums.

I think it is a tight album, and the songs go well together.

I completely disagree that the songs are "rip-offs" of anything.

There is influence on every Green Day album from various artists, so to pigeonhole one album and state that certain songs are rip-offs is not something I would agree with at all.

I agree with you. I think generally the fact that they rip-off everything is kind of over exaggerated. Many people claim that all their recent music is a total rip off of other bands. I disagree with that sentiment, but its definitely there.

But I can't let it slide that "Church on Sunday" sounds something like "I Hate Your Guts on Sunday" by Screeching Weasel, not to mention the fact that Mike played IN Screeching Weasel for a time. Just saying. I don't think they're terribly exact, and I think the Green Day song is better, but still

I'm sorry, but this type of thing has been done many many times in the past. So I'm gonna close this. This discussion should have ended years ago.

Archived