Songs covered by Green Day

st.jimmy.

I laughed when I heard their cover of Knowledge...

I like 'Shout' and 'We are The Champions'.

speaking of covers and green day....

maybe someone on here already covered this but...

did anyone (australian) happen 2 see faux punk lee harding's pathetic cover of holiday?

first he f*cks it up, singing like shit....then he says he doesn't care about the lyrics.

i hate that guy...now he has a single out and he's number one. HOW??? HOW???

That was a horrible cover.

'Hell no to the President Gas Man, kill all the dags that don't agree' :/

He wore a Misfits T-Shirt once (yes, I watched Australian Idol Extra) and the host guy's like 'So you like the Misfits then?' and Lee Harding's like 'No, I just like the shirt, I don't know who they are.' :laugh:

Oh well... each to their own, I don't like making fun.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use a top sheet, and sometimes a blanket.

pmsl...

What if its rap?

Is it Egyptian day, or is there some other reason this is in a pyramid?

no, she always does that :/

No, I'm sorry, I don't know what type of covers Billie has. I know your life can't be complete without knowing, but you're just taking it too far.

First they want to know about his kids, then his shoes, then his toenail, now his covers. What's next?

we are the champions is shit. knowledge is shit on the album. shout's mainly shit. i fought the law is awesome. Who's heard their version of teenage kicks? that was fucking awesome.

your wrong, they murdered knowledge

Yeah, I'm not that against it, but I don't think they did the original justice.

I love shout

and talking about that. I wanna ask you if someone has the lyrics of that song but in the way green day sing it. I searched but all I found is the original version.

I dont understand very much the english and I have a doubt. what he says after "shubidubapapap" (that all I understand sorry xD) he says something and the people answer

can please someone tell me?

The entire front page of this made me laugh. The bed covers thing... :laugh:

I think they did a nice job with "Shout"...

I despise Knowledge, that cover just sucks. As Owain said, they killed it.

i like Surrender, Bastards of Youth and Sometimes I Don't Mind covers, but in my oppinion they do pretty good covers. someone's gonna kill me but i like My Generation too

I love shout

and talking about that. I wanna ask you if someone has the lyrics of that song but in the way green day sing it. I searched but all I found is the original version.

I dont understand very much the english and I have a doubt. what he says after "shubidubapapap" (that all I understand sorry xD) he says something and the people answer

can please someone tell me?

he says "Always look on the bright side of life (do do do do...)"

I love the way they covered Teenage Lobotomy, and Blitzkrieg Bop. It was amazing to me.

Those are my favorite covers.

They murdered My Generation on Kerplunk!

Ugh 'Knowlegde' was just an awful cover, altho when performing it live I thought they did a good job! I like their cover of 'I Fought The Law' and the songs by The Ramones that they covered as well!

haha, Shout is always good. Speaking of covers, how about people that cover Green Day? The Avril/Basket Case one makes me wanna claw my eyes out. Weezer covered Worry Rock, too.

I fought the law was pretty good, the worst is Eye Of The Tiger, was Billie pissed or taking the piss?

I loved when Billie did Stand By Me, it made me want to cry. It was so incredibly beautiful. I never realized how gorgeous and perfect his voice was until I heard that song.

haha, Shout is always good. Speaking of covers, how about people that cover Green Day? The Avril/Basket Case one makes me wanna claw my eyes out. Weezer covered Worry Rock, too.

I know, WHY PEOPLE :pinch:

• 4 months later...

what is your favorite song that green day has covered?(and studio recorded). i think my favorite is i want to be on tv. knowledge is pretty good, too. i dont really like their verision of i fought the law though. the orgional is much better.

sorry if i forgot any

200th post :wink:

I have a feeling that this has been done before

but newayzzzzzzzzzzzz

I fought the Law

you forgot "shout"

oops. X_X sorry. wait, did they ever record taht, or do they only do it at concerts?

Archived