what green day song depresses you?

ArmatageShanks39

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me its gotta be:

-Whatsername (for many many reasons)

- Having a Blast (awesome song but it always seems to get me down)

-80 (my favourite song but yeah, it makes me sad in a way)

Whatsername

Wake me up when September ends

Boulevard of broken dreams.

Just like most people, no one knows makes me feel sad. Have of their songs make me sad if I listen to them at the right time. Right now American Idiot makes me sad if I listen to the whole album.

Most songs people are listing are more uplifting to me I think the most depressing one is WMUWSE

For me Macy's Day Parade, Whatsername, and Good Riddance are the most depressing.

And I saw the American Idiot Broadway version of Homecoming and the Death of St. Jimmy makes me emotional.

It doesn't exactly depresses me but it would be "On the Wagon"

The only song to EVER make me somewhat depressed would be Whatsername.

Totally agree with this, Whatsername is so emotional, and always puts me in a different state of mind. Great song, yet is definitely a bit depressing.

I was there, 80, No One Knows...

But the worst now is Whatsername... It's always remind me that I'm in love with my bestfriend girlfriend... Strange feeling...

WMUWSE. I can barely listen to the song. It means so much to me cause my grandpa died in September.

I would say it's Boulevard Of Broken Dreams 'cause it always makes me kind of melancholy... Restless Heart Syndrome and Last Night On Earth. I always feel like I am completely useless when I listen to that song.

last month in art class we did a transmediation project (transfering a message from one form of media to another) and i decicded to base my painting on Minority. well i had some trouble thinking of what direction i wanted to take it so my teacher tried to help me. when i showed him the lyrics he immediately focused on the line "lightened by the silence of a thousand broken hearts" and started going on about how depressing it sounded and all the imagry he got out of it.

my completed piece looks really depressing and a couple of the people at my table started talking behind my back about how emo i am :mad: and Minority still depresses me sometimes

i really need to learn how to make a long story short.......

• 1 year later...

Even if GD is being really hateful and raging and everything, it somehow allows me to let out my rage and makes me happy. the only song of theirs which depresses me is Wake Me Up When September Ends since I know what it's about and it's so heartbreaking. You can hear the emotion in Billie's voice and I can't bear to listen.

Well,if I'm not at it,I don't really listen to the lyrics,just the melody cos I'm not a native english speaker,but when I listen to the,21 Guns and Wake Me up When September Ends.

I wouldn't say depresses but Wake me up when september ends can make me sad

1000 hours D:

But it's better to have love and lost than never loved at all.

If i'm really sad Wake me up when September ends and Boulevard of Broken Dreams make me feel worse (not depressed but teary eyed) at first but they help because I know that I'm not alone to be feeling lost or sad

Wake me up when September ends, 'cuase my grandpa died on September 11th (not 2001) asn it used to made me cry, now I just cry with the BIAB version, when Billie starts crying.

Archived