How Has Green Day Influenced You, For The Good Or Bad ?

Idiot_Basketcase

Since i started listening to Green Day 5 years ago, I have started smoking pot, cigarrettes, excessive drinking, sex, masochistic fetishes, joined a local swinger club, overdosed on LSD 6 times, went to juvy, been arrested on 7 counts of battery, 5 counts of trespassing, 4 domestic abuse and 4 of attempted homicide. I have attempted suicide numerous times, cut myself, set up 6 different bombs in various locations of my school. Brought a pistol and threatened my classmates. Pushed an old man in a wheelcahir down a flight of stairs, killing him, and attempted to slit the throats of various preschoolers on numerous occasions.

Naughty, naughty Green day.. :whistling:

While your this was posted in jest I see,

it's important to know that you can't OD on LSD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

green day helped me realize that i can't always let ppl bring me down and tell me what i should and shouldn't be. they gave me the courage to stand up for wat i believe in and that i can't take anyone elses shit. and their songs have actual meaningful messages in them and everyone can relate to them. their music is like the cure to everything.

thats exactly like me they gave me the courage to stand up for myself and believe in what i want to believe in not what other people want me to

I started listening to Green day not a year ago when they issued American Idiot. I got this album fro my friend who hasn't got a clue who was GD except that thay had a new album by the way she thought it was their first :)

So she told me she has a great new CD and if I want it... I said yes I heard something from GD before but I wasn't very interested unti then.

Since then it caught me by the heart and I got also their previous albums and I got lyrics and all that

i really think it changed my life in a way.. it made it better definitely

Just one more thing the most important>

Green Day gave me the courage to be a rebel, to stand out in a crowd sometimes and be myself

WELL, since buying American Idiot (yes, it was my first album. Go on, give me shit about it. You'll be sorry), I've been motivated to swear a fucking shitload more, goddamnit!.

They also taught me to be myself and motivated me to stand out more (I'm on a mission to dye my hair blue). I guess I was a bit of a prep a while ago...so i listened to Platypus while snapping Britney Spears albums (fuck yeah!) while setting cotton balls on fire.

They also got me into a different style of music. Punk/real rock. :mellow:

Hot damn!

I don't know if they influenced me that much cause I'm the same person I've always been. Shy,funny ... the person who wants to make people smile and feel good. So,I don't know ..... It's a good question.

This is going to sound so stupid but I can think of no other way to put it. There was a time I dwelt in nothing but darkness, I had no emotions, I just did not care. To quote my friend at the time I was a "cold hearted little bitch." I had been that way forabout twelve years cause I was not allowed to let go and cry all the tears I had wanted to long ago. I kept them locked deep in my heart , it took one song that made me cry for three hours to get back to where I was. after that crying session I started writing again and playing piano( until I got my fingers caught in a car door). SO for better or worse I am an Angel once again.

GREEN DAY SAVED MY LIFE.

omg...how they did? lol

they saved my life too....I listened crap....I look back and keep questioning me how I could do that!

I was learning guitar when AI came out and it has stuck with me since. Those songs are what influenced me to play rock/punk rock. Also they helped me learn to play guitar :thumbsup::D

GD helped me throgh my parents divorce , also I started to become an indivitual and well I started to do things I wanted and not give a fuck about anyone elses opinion about it .

They completly inspired me musically. They showed me that I didn't have to be the person society wanted me to be. I didn't have to dress in pink and powder blue everyday just because every girl in the world thinks it'll look cute. They showed me the part of life that's worth living. *Tear*

Greenday, has influenced me in alot of ways. uhhhh, they showed me that it was ok to be real immature...I mean not the nerdy way. I can actually act like...well, myself! Anyways, they really got me into punk/rock music....And bands...and guitars, drums, and wrecking lots of things, just being fucking wild. I also don't get to feel so guilty all the time and not listening to what other bitches have to tell me what to do but I won't listen to them anyways...

omg...how they did? lol

they saved my life too....I listened crap....I look back and keep questioning me how I could do that!

I was really depressed...going through a rough time.They were one of a couple of things that helped give me perspective and hope.

hi cuz :thumbsup:

Bad influence. To my mum's disgust I'm no longer a 'good girl' and do what I want rather than what she wants me to do. Actually, that is a good influence, isn't it?

They helped my to uhu get trough a big stupoid time

and thanks to them I got into PUNK music.....

And because of them now i write more songs and poetry.....

And i don't really care what people think of my, you don't like my because i wear different thing and wear ties.... Fuck you you idiot.... :whistling:

before green day i never really listened to music, now i eat, breath, and sleep music..and play music...i definitely couldnt see myself liking music like rancid and operation ivy before i got into green day and now i am pretty much in love with bay area music...and punk rock in general...so i guess you could say green day opened my eyes to the whole music world that rocks my face off.

well when i was a little kid i didn't really fit in with everybody eles at school ya kno. and well i never really had a talent or anything. like i wasn't really athletic ( and everyone in school was) so i always thought of myself as and "outsider" then i saw my first green day music video, longview, and i just fell in love with green day's music. i then started playing guitar and bass and drawing what i felt. it was like green day finally gave me that purpose ya kno. to be different and not worry about what other people think of u. i guess that's how green day first influenced me. :thumbsup:

Archived