How Has Green Day Influenced You, For The Good Or Bad ?

Idiot_Basketcase

green day has motivated me to not care wut ppl think of me. they told me 2 do wut i believe in and not let any1 tell me wut 2 do, and i listened 2 them. i thought that was a good thing. but who cares wut ppl say. if u wanna listen 2 them then do it.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just barely understood what you said.

But bands don't send out influence for people to do shit.

Some people have morals.

Some people don't.

It relates to the whole music warning label thing with Tipper Gore.

it is slightly true though, i'm doin this for an research project at school, and people are heavily influenced by the media, especially like their favourite bands. Like the thread that is open about the donut sprinkles, people are saying that they have snorted donut sprinkles because it looked funny when Tre did it on BIAB.

Personally Green Day has just touhgt me to be myself and fuck what everyone else thinks!

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

After I heard longview I was motivated to go masturbate.

Doesn't basically everything have that effect on you?

Haha, yes , BOBD has really pressured me. Especially the music video. I just want to drive alone in a desert in a shitty car for the rest of my days.

No it's fucking bullshit to think that way!

We have our influences in life, yes i agree on that. But we make our own choises. Why doing shit if it's not how you are?

GD is a sort of influence to us all because we all like them but it's not only them who got input in our life. You have your own environment with family, friends and other people who all got some input in our lives.

The biggest nonsense is the fucking media ... who are trying to penetrate our fucking minds for selling stuff or just to label us! :mad:

It relates to the whole music warning label thing with Tipper Gore.

damn that bitch...i hate her and her little old people that lived in a different generation...BUT WAIT!!! wasnt the who in their generation?????? hmmmm.....didnt they have a song about generations?????

OMG im so fucking pissed.......

ok at school today we had to watch this "motavational" movie thing and its about "pressure" ya ok well anyway, they were like the #1 pressure for teens is the media and im like ok...TV..and theyre like MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC then im like well rap but sure ok....and omg they were showing like clips from rap music videos and shit and then they switch to show a pic of a GD article in a magazine to a clip of BOBD! and im like FUCK NO! ok so heres wht i wanna know...and u guys be honest....WHO HAS LISTENED TO GD AND BEEN PRESSURED OR THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL TO DO SHIT!?!?! like wht? do they think well go smoke pot just cuz we heard Longview once?!?! ok ya so i wanna know.....

I don't think I'm going to smoke pot because of Green Day, but your spelling makes me want to...

Nun of green day songs have motivated me to do

some thing stuped except watching tre snort doughnut sprikles

i went and tryed it but thats all i have done

whatever.

GD never influenced me to do anything except not care what anyone thought. yeah, they're named after weed, and they have songs about it. but that doesn't matter. i'm almost 19 and never done weed or smoked, and only drunk a small amount of alchohol. that's my choice. people can think for themselves. songs like "reject" and "minority", for instance, are what i think GD represents.

Green Day has made me be okay with being myself and being a lil bit rebellious.

They've made me proud to be who I am, and I think that's good.

But like someone said before, some people have morals, some don't.

It depends the person.

Sure it might influence you, but it'll have a different effect rom person to person.

Since i started listening to Green Day 5 years ago, I have started smoking pot, cigarrettes, excessive drinking, sex, masochistic fetishes, joined a local swinger club, overdosed on LSD 6 times, went to juvy, been arrested on 7 counts of battery, 5 counts of trespassing, 4 domestic abuse and 4 of attempted homicide. I have attempted suicide numerous times, cut myself, set up 6 different bombs in various locations of my school. Brought a pistol and threatened my classmates. Pushed an old man in a wheelcahir down a flight of stairs, killing him, and attempted to slit the throats of various preschoolers on numerous occasions.

Naughty, naughty Green day.. :whistling:

ya i get wht ur all saying but idk i was just really pissed that they think that GD is a band that doesnt care about their fans and writes songs about getting high and drinking just to get another song out and make more money. idk that just pissed me off. GD has motivated me to do tons of things, but never drink or do drugs.....

Since i started listening to Green Day 5 years ago, I have started smoking pot, cigarrettes, excessive drinking, sex, masochistic fetishes, joined a local swinger club, overdosed on LSD 6 times, went to juvy, been arrested on 7 counts of battery, 5 counts of trespassing, 4 domestic abuse and 4 of attempted homicide. I have attempted suicide numerous times, cut myself, set up 6 different bombs in various locations of my school. Brought a pistol and threatened my classmates. Pushed an old man in a wheelcahir down a flight of stairs, killing him, and attempted to slit the throats of various preschoolers on numerous occasions.

Naughty, naughty Green day.. :whistling:

Those damn preschoolers had it coming.

They think they're so cute.

After I heard longview I was motivated to go masturbate.

:laugh: :laugh:

that goes in my sig.. if i can figure out how :o

Those damn preschoolers had it coming.

They think they're so cute.

It was self defense i swear. that damn little Suzie has a look in her eye.. :dry:

It was self defense i swear. that damn little Suzie has a look in her eye.. :dry:

Don't they all.....

Speaking of Susies, you should look up a book called "Creepy Susie". That's a great book.

All kinds of kids killing each other, with these weird drawings... Maybe even some preschooler-icides!

it depends what way you look at it for me.

my schoolwork has gone downhill- a bit- but at the same time im happier in myself and with the stuff i like than i was before i found them.

personally, i think they've influenced me in a positive way.

Just recently, Green Day has been the best thing to get me through the day.

My mom had an operation back on October 20th, but things didn't go smoothly, and she had to go back to the hospital...twice. She finally got out on December 29th. And each time was anywhere from 2-3 weeks long. I would spend all day with her at the hospital, (8 a.m. to about 5 p.m.) , then I would have to go home and cook dinner most of the time , and take care of most of the house chores. I recently graduated in May 2005 , and I'm the only one at home while everyone else works (my mom doesn't have a job), so I mostly had to do everything myself. Point is, I was exhausted and stressed out...worried about my mom, and the one thing that made me feel better all those times, was listening to Green Day. I swear, just singing along made me forget everything and gave me the care free attitude I desperately needed from time to time.

Amazing how their music always made me feel better. :happy: I do feel like I owe them a lot as well.

green day helped me realize that i can't always let ppl bring me down and tell me what i should and shouldn't be. they gave me the courage to stand up for wat i believe in and that i can't take anyone elses shit. and their songs have actual meaningful messages in them and everyone can relate to them. their music is like the cure to everything.

Archived