How Has Green Day Influenced You, For The Good Or Bad ?

Idiot_Basketcase

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I started to play the guitar because of them. I stopped listening to crap-music, I started listening to some bands that are actually very much more better than the ones i used to listen to. I won't say which bands i listened to before, you'll just nag me.. I started writing songs, changed style (from almost pink to not pink at all).

I think I've changed alot since i first started to listen to Green Day.

Yeah, when I'm so sick of school and all the people around me, it's sooo good to have GD :wink: They did save me from my earlier awful taste of music, and that says something about have they have influenced my life, jeez, thank them! Well, actually, I guess they got me more into playing the guitar, but I did want to learn and I did know something before Green Day got into my life.. I mean, I could play a few children songs and stuff (eyebrowsmaaan).

I have been fighting alot with my fmaily and just everything is shitty and I didnt want to be here anymore I just wanted to fucking die.

I thought about green day. I thought about how shitty the boy's lives were. weorse then mine and how they grew up and overcame all the stupid shit. They inspire me to grow up and overcome and be something in the world like they did. Green Day always cheers me up

they influenced me to wear eyeliner, say 'spiffy' alot and they also influenced me to eat bananas (billie was eating a banana in the making of AI!!!) i also gained a few more friends with my liking of green day

hmm they've influnenced my taste in music i guess, when they mentioned bands that were their role models I started listening to them, like the clash, the ramones, the who etc etc.

They changed the kind of music I listen to and got me into guitar (along with just about every other GD fan out there).

Otherwise, I want to say theyre saving my life but thats way too dramatic. My family has a lot of problems and Green Day helps me hold onto the fact that in just a few years Im gonna get away from it, go to college, and get to have my own life. Whenever Im crying or just upset, I listen to green day and realize how they made an awesome life out a horrible childhood.

I'd have to say Green Day changed my perception on life and society. I was raised a sheltered child and always did whatever was expected of me accordimg to society. I never really took any chances... just played it safe and desparatly tried to fit in with everyone. After personally discovering Green Day I got really into good music and realized it's ok to be different and to stray from the ideals of society. I'm still the same me but i guess my opinions have changed slightly.

Green Day also makes me really happy :biggrin:

I get so motivated when I listen to their music. Whether I'm cleaning or walking or shopping. It makes me feel so great...like I can do anything. :teehee: :turned:

I also got the nerve to submit one of my poems to a website, and I don't know how common it is, but I got a letter today saying they're gonna publish it. Yea!

Maybe someday I'll be inspired to say fuck it and not care what people think of me. It's a BIG hangup...

wow, nice topic...

i have 2 say that green day change my life in the terms that they made me realise that is not important wot others think about u, but wot u think about u, live ur life how u want, the way u want, fuck every1 else...!!

uhh...i guess show me how to be who i am and not give a fuck....i guess depression too...but i wasnt suicidal and all that crap....so they really didnt "save" my life :P

When I always get stressed I listen to it and I calm down. It kinda of made my point of view look better to me. Lol, and I use more eyeliner :P

They changed me. Never thought music could do that but not only have they shown me with their own music howinspirational music can be but i have really learnt to apreciate Great music in general. I listen to them happy or sad and they pick me up. I do feel like I have changed since I began listening to Their music and imo for the better.

:thumbsup:

i think i have an entirely diffferent outlook on life. im certainly a lot meaner since i became a fan.. i mean in 7th grade i was really nice... and i definitely have a rebellious side now, especially an attitude toward teachers i dont like! then, um... it always gets me in a better mood whenever i hear a song though, i dont know, they all have like a happy, bouncy feel that makes me smile. also cussing slips out a LOT more than i used to... im not saying its bad but, eh, w/e. im just blabbing now

they have influenced my life in many ways. like their music actually makes sense they dont sing about wanting to die and how your girlfriend doesnt love you like other bands.

as Andreas said whenver i here a green day song i just feel happy, like i was at the pub the other nite and they had welcome to paradise playing and i was like fuck this is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day really has influenced me. They taught me to speak out against things I didn't agree with. Being in the minority is ok. They taught me to be myself and not follow the crowd.

Guest Lindsey

Well Green Day's 'shown' me alot of really cool people *cough* you guys.

Also, brought me happiness, and showed me how rock & punk music pwns.

<3

Archived