Anaheim Secret Show - 3/19 House of Blues

A Worry Rock

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well he did a smart thing and gave the key change lines to the backing vocals and the audience to do. He didn’t even attempt it but it still sounded great. Probably a good choice

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/5eUmCA3Y96ehcUhS/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Ohm okay then my suspicions seem to be confirmed claiming he won't be able to sing Goodnight Adeline live.

48 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Bobby Sox works better slower than they played it, it's that slightly slower pace that makes it good to jump to and "makes" the song, similar to say When I Come Around. And in that video of Living In the 20s it's like all the energy has to be spent on trying to get the lyrics out fast enough to keep up with the instruments instead of getting more power into them. So imo these two songs should be played slightly slower, even though some songs can work faster live than on recordings.

Fair enough. Exactly why they try em out. 

• Like 4

432240780_2403140559871431_9001907861121

Sara Rose Wright surfing! 

Via Sara Rose Wright Instagram 

• Like 2

Who was the fill-in Freese?   No One Knows?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Who was the fill-in Freese?   No One Knows?  

No one knows... (with backing)

Even greendaylive.fm lists Jason Freese.

• Like 1

Someone just told me it was a member of the band We the Kings.   I'm looking them up to confirm the face.  

https://mndaily.com/242574/arts-entertainment/we-kings-not-so-regal/

one of the three short haired dudes that all look exactly the same?   I think it's the guy on the end with the green unbuttoned shirt.   Coley O'Toole who plays piano.  That's got to be him.  

(redacted insanity about Coley O'Toole becoming official Green Day member, etc. etc)  

• Haha 2

Welp, gotta go listen to every song and every band related to We the Kings now.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Welp, gotta go listen to every song and every band related to We the Kings now.  

This is how I find out their drummer parted ways with them last month.

I have not kept up with them recently, though Travis Clark has been popping up on TikTok promoting their old songs, but don't know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, htlecso said:

Ohm okay then my suspicions seem to be confirmed claiming he won't be able to sing Goodnight Adeline live.

That's not fair observation. He absolutely could sing the tune if wanted to, but touring musicians have to think about next shows when performing live. No need to go balls to the walls on surprise show when there is a tour happening with 2 full albums being played from front to back on some shows.

• Like 4

This kind of show gives me hope for the future of big Green Day shows.    Hopefully for the foreseeable future Green Day will be touring for an album and playing a lot of the new songs from said album.   But if they do a tour without an album, my hope is that they would try to represent the entire catalogue of the band.   Play what the majority of people want yes, backed up by singles from every era and the really popular songs from the Lookout era as well.    I'd even take the concession that maybe Father of All and Trilogy are limited in scope since maybe they have bad memories connected with them.    Oh Love and Meet Me On the Roof.   Bada Bing, Bada Boom - their covered. 

A tour like this could even be advertised with a tag line like "They celebrated their past.  They celebrated Saviors.   Now it's time to celebrate 1987 to 2027 with Green Day, the world's biggest punk band spanning their career with near 3 hours of mega hit after mega hit....and some insane surprises!   Don't miss the 2027 Green Day Bash, general admission on sale now for 1 Million Dollars.   Batteries not included"

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

Mystery solved!

Wow, well that was fast. I thought it'd get a place in some future GD iceberg chart.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Miko said:

That's not fair observation. He absolutely could sing the tune if wanted to, but touring musicians have to think about next shows when performing live. No need to go balls to the walls on surprise show when there is a tour happening with 2 full albums being played from front to back on some shows.

kinda similar how he didn’t sing the ending of static age back in the 21cb tours

• Like 1