Is Billie Joe a Gooner? (Arsenal fan)

Metadon

Hello. I recently checked BJA Instagram and he is following Arsenal and also their player Bukayo Saka. Is he a fan? For how long? Does anybody know? I am also massive Arsenal fan so I love this :D 

I haven't heard that he is but he's in London right now and his son moved to England so he's probably getting into English football as a result. Unless he already happened to be into it, possible as he's a sports fan in general

Also this reminded me that when FBHT played in London (Islington) and Billie held the mic out to the crowd between songs one guy did an "Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal" chant lol 

He just recently posted a IG story with a signed Milwall shirt with Saviors om the back. He has also made posts about them before, so that’s a good clue.

Literally couldn’t have picked a worse team 💀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThranaM said:

He just recently posted a IG story with a signed Milwall shirt with Saviors om the back. He has also made posts about them before, so that’s a good clue.

Literally couldn’t have picked a worse team 💀

Yeah he’s definitely a Millwall fan, been to a lot of their games when he comes over and he’s wore the scarf multiple times including when they played their pub show in London

He seems to attend football games when he’s in London, but it seems like he chooses grounds around the capital at random.

I’d seen he was at The Den (Millwall’s stadium) whilst recording at RAK.

He doesn’t seem to be aware of the club’s long reputation of a proud and loud minority of violent right-wing thugs and hooligans in their fanbase.

Horrible football club with the worst “support” in the country. Leave that shit in the 70s where it belongs.

• Like 2

I thought this came up before and I don’t follow football at all but I thought Millwall had done a lot of work around their fan behaviour and reputation or are they still thugs?

44 minutes ago, jengd said:

I thought this came up before and I don’t follow football at all but I thought Millwall had done a lot of work around their fan behaviour and reputation or are they still thugs?

I think the reputation will be hard to let go, https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/millwall-hooligans-attack-sunderland-fans-29140742 this article about Millwall fans attacking other fans was just this month. (though it is the daily star so take it with a pinch of salt) 

• Thanks 1

He likes a few Serie A teams, as well, being Italian and all.

I wonder if he ever saw green street hooligans?

3 hours ago, suffoKate said:

I wonder if he ever saw green street hooligans?

Napoli?

I seem to remember him saying in one of the many Saviors interviews (can’t remember which one, but I think it was one of the Grey Cup interviews?) that he likes a handful of teams. He doesn’t seem to have a specific allegiance, he appears to just enjoy the game. And team scarves. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Of the Inter uniforms and AC Milan scarves thrown by spectators in Milan, he only threw back the Milan scarf and kept the Inter uniform by his side.
I heard that he also watches the CL, so it is possible that he became an Intellista after watching the Milan derby last year!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I seem to remember him saying in one of the many Saviors interviews (can’t remember which one, but I think it was one of the Grey Cup interviews?) that he likes a handful of teams. He doesn’t seem to have a specific allegiance, he appears to just enjoy the game. And team scarves. :lol:

Agreed, and he told Chris Moyles he likes soccer so he just goes along to what’s on when he can.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

I think the reputation will be hard to let go, https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/millwall-hooligans-attack-sunderland-fans-29140742 this article about Millwall fans attacking other fans was just this month. (though it is the daily star so take it with a pinch of salt) 

Without straying too much into football chat, there's a hardcore minority of their fanbase who are proud of their reputation and some (as in the example above) that actively try to maintain it. 

I've heard first hand their away fans singing their "no one likes us and we don't care" chant. 

He also was wearing a scarf for German 2nd division side, St Paulie in a recent interview. That team have a huge left-wing following that are mostly Catholic leaning.

Good chance he watched Green Street and decided to follow Millwall. American golfer Billy Horshel did the exact same thing.

Yeah it's pretty clear that if he's been following Millwall it's not because of their fans' reputation. He's just an American who got into football over here and is watching random teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

When did Gunner change to Gooner exactly?

Exactly!  I had no idea what a gooner was at the start of this but even I knew Arsenal fans were called gunners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Exactly!  I had no idea what a gooner was at the start of this but even I knew Arsenal fans were called gunners.

gooner means something VERY DIFFERENT on urban dictionary too 😂😂

• Haha 2

On 2/27/2024 at 5:40 AM, Alan86 said:

When did Gunner change to Gooner exactly?

Been a variation of the nickname for decades, I guess it's just a more "fun" way of saying it.

• Like 1