Green Day Landmarks in the Bay Area

solongfromthestars

I did this "Green Day" trip 4 or 5 years ago with my girlfriend and it was amazing. Still can't believe I went in California during 2 weeks.

I’m curious how it is known that the 7th Street Warehouse is the same warehouse where Billie lived?

Love this so much! Thanks for posting it! We should also add the Golden Bull bar in downtown Oakland, even though I don't think Billie is one of the owners anymore. He's played there a few times. I've been there, cool place :) 

1 hour ago, dirnt286 said:

I’m curious how it is known that the 7th Street Warehouse is the same warehouse where Billie lived?

Mike has posted pics of it.

I've also done the pilgrimage. The Ruby Room was my favorite. And Christie Road of course.

Congrats!! Amazing post!!

As a Chilean GD Fan, this is by far one of my longed for dreams ever!! I would love to go to California someday and do this GD Places tour!!

• Like 2

Gorgeous pics and great round up of all the sights!! I did a pilgrimage in 2015 with my friend and managed to hit a lot of those spots. There's something super special about just being there and feeling the context of so much of their music.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Gorgeous pics and great round up of all the sights!! I did a pilgrimage in 2015 with my friend and managed to hit a lot of those spots. There's something super special about just being there and feeling the context of so much of their music.

This makes me think of the time I went to Oakland right after getting my drunk bunny tattoo.  I felt like I was showing my tattoo its home. :lol:

• Haha 3

I'm hoping I can go some day, I want to find the grave from the 39/Smooth cover

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Apparently it's located at Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland. The tree isn't there but the grave is. Two fans visited and recreated the cover. You can see it in the link below

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzeQzzqOvcN/?igsh=MW51dmd5Ynd6M2h0MA==

That's a bummer about the tree but not a total surprise, my favorite local cemetery loses at least a tree or two every year from severe storms

• Like 1