Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

20 hours ago, That Dude said:

https://rockcelebrities.net/billie-joe-armstrong-on-his-decision-not-to-end-green-day/?fbclid=IwAR0wQ1zqPMKQORm2UCipSWsLRFNM5rfPuNUa3AWNg9jEnuxlq7uf3x5Dkn0

He says they will play Dookie, Idiot, plenty of Saviors songs AND songs from other albums....how?   They could possibly play partial songs, because even then, Billie's not gonna be able to Eh Oh like he wants.  Maybe just once or twice, lol.  

45 songs and 3 hours?  3 eh ohs?  Or maybe just 21 Guns and Good Riddance after the two albums.   

Could be 27 songs plus 10 hits maybe.

The big question is what will they do for the next 10 year anniversary for the smash hit “Saviors”.

10 year Saviors Anniversary. 30 year Ai. 40 year Dookie.

its gonna be rocking at the AARP. 

Seriously, that that is even a slight possibility in numbers is fucking amazing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m looking forward to the anniversary of 21st Century Breakdown can’t wait to hear those unreleased songs/demos 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

I decided to rearrange the track listing of the album in a way I think works best, mostly because I was bored.  I think American Dream could’ve worked as a good intro to the topics that Living in the 20’s talks about.  Also, Strange Days could’ve been good to have more towards the end because it kind of suggests that the topics the album brought up previously are indeed here to stay.  Goodnight Adeline leads into Fancy Sauce pretty well and having a song with “goodnight” in its title is great to have in the very final tracks.  Anyway, here it is: 

Saviors 

Look Ma, No Brains!

Dilemma 

One Eyed Bastard 

The American Dream Is Killing Me

Living in the ‘20s

Bobby Sox

Suzie Chapstick 

Corvette Summer 

Coma City 

Father to a Son

Strange Days Are Here to Stay 

Goodnight Adeline 

Fancy Sauce 

How would you guys arrange the tracks differently, if at all?  

Thank you for this. Rather than changing the order of songs, I would take Corvette Summer, Bobby Sox and 1981 out as they are too repetitive and the weakest songs on the album for me (after many listens). The album flows nicely without these songs.

I just wish there was a tight/fast album opener like American Idiot(song) or Bang Bang, before TADIKM on the album. That would be so much nicer. I think that's what's missing but everyones opinion may differ of course.

• Like 1

1981 would probably fit FOAMF to me but idk. It also reminds me of Monkey Wrench by the Foo Fighters, a comparison discussed multiple times here.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

I decided to rearrange the track listing of the album in a way I think works best, mostly because I was bored.  I think American Dream could’ve worked as a good intro to the topics that Living in the 20’s talks about.  Also, Strange Days could’ve been good to have more towards the end because it kind of suggests that the topics the album brought up previously are indeed here to stay.  Goodnight Adeline leads into Fancy Sauce pretty well and having a song with “goodnight” in its title is great to have in the very final tracks.  Anyway, here it is: 

Saviors 

Look Ma, No Brains!

Dilemma 

One Eyed Bastard 

The American Dream Is Killing Me

Living in the ‘20s

Bobby Sox

Suzie Chapstick 

Corvette Summer 

Coma City 

Father to a Son

Strange Days Are Here to Stay 

Goodnight Adeline 

Fancy Sauce 

How would you guys arrange the tracks differently, if at all?  

Corvette Bobbies And The Strange City:   

1.      Living in the 20s

2.      1981

3.      Look Ma, No Brains!

4.      Corvette Summer

5.      Dilemma

6.      Coma City

7.      Good Night Adeline

8.      The American Dream is Killing ME

9.      Father To A Son

10. Saviors

11. Bobb Sox

12. Fancy Sauce

13. Suzie Chapstick

14. One Eyed Bastard

15. Strange Days Are Here To Stay

• Like 1

Your album name idea sounds like "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water" by Limp Bizkit and "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" by Bowie because all of them have "and the" and are funny (imo).

54 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Corvette Bobbies And The Strange City:   

1.      Living in the 20s

2.      1981

3.      Look Ma, No Brains!

4.      Corvette Summer

5.      Dilemma

6.      Coma City

7.      Good Night Adeline

8.      The American Dream is Killing ME

9.      Father To A Son

10. Saviors

11. Bobb Sox

12. Fancy Sauce

13. Suzie Chapstick

14. One Eyed Bastard

15. Strange Days Are Here To Stay

• Like 1

I know the album name is not that creative but:

1972:

Side A

1. Saviors

2. The american dream is killing me 

3. Bobby sox 

4. One eyed bastard 

5. 1981

6. Corvette summer 

7. Dilemma

8. Father to a son 

Side B

9. Coma city 

10. Strange days are here to stay

11. Living in the 20s 

12. Goodnight adeline 

13. Suzie chapstick 

14. Look ma no brains 

15. Fancy sauce 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

Your album name idea sounds like "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water" by Limp Bizkit and "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" by Bowie because all of them have "and the" and are funny (imo).

On my version, Fred Durst guest vocals on half the songs and on Strange Days Are Here to Stay, Bowie raps!      And at the very end of the song, all three of them burst into Bohemian Rhapsody and do it BETTER than Queen, because really there's no point doing it if you don't top the original.      Imagine Mike Dirnt and Tre singing "STRANGE ARE HERE TO STAY"  overlapping with Bohemian Rhapsody.....I might have to hire someone to create this with AI....

19 hours ago, That Dude said:

On my version, Fred Durst guest vocals on half the songs and on Strange Days Are Here to Stay, Bowie raps!      And at the very end of the song, all three of them burst into Bohemian Rhapsody and do it BETTER than Queen, because really there's no point doing it if you don't top the original.      Imagine Mike Dirnt and Tre singing "STRANGE ARE HERE TO STAY"  overlapping with Bohemian Rhapsody.....I might have to hire someone to create this with AI....

Any other guest appearances? Maybe an egg? Chester Bennington? A polychorus amp? Paper? Serj Tankian singing "Your mom"?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Any other guest appearances? Maybe an egg? Chester Bennington? A polychorus amp? Paper? Serj Tankian singing "Your mom"?

I'm on cowbell.    Chester sings "Saviors" in a death metal growl.   Other features include Morgan Freeman, Tony Hawke, Blink-182, Sum 41, Social Distortion, Machine Gun Kelly, Eminem, Lady Cobra, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani, Rob Zombie and Adam Sandler.  

• Haha 1

Any hidden track? JP version track? Any guests for those tracks?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

Any hidden track? JP version track? Any guests for those tracks?

There's a deluxe version that's a full Trilogy.  Each disc is a solid 90 minutes and Jack Black is featured on every song. 

• Like 1

I sure hope one of the MVs has Dave Grohl on a road!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

I sure hope one of the MVs has Dave Grohl on a road!

I'm ready for albums 15.   Or at least thousands of pages of speculation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm ready for albums 15.   Or at least thousands of pages of speculation. 

Next GD album planned for 2026. 

• Like 3

2028 more likely. Remember the 4-year gap? 2012 (trilogy) -> 2016 (RevRad) -> 2020 (FOAMF) -> 2024 (Saviors)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

2028 more likely. Remember the 4-year gap? 2012 (trilogy) -> 2016 (RevRad) -> 2020 (FOAMF) -> 2024 (Saviors)

a green day album is like a world cup cycle these days 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

I would agree with this more than 2026. 2026 is too soon. The album just came out a couple of months ago and we already talking about album 15? 😄

• Like 2

Impatience. That's why.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

On average, it's about 3 years and 3 months and I think both the band and record label are happy to get albums out on that schedule.   Some albums take a little bit long because of either a really positivity in the sessions or some sort of other situation that pulls the band from the album, be it a good thing or a bad thing.   Or just day-to-day life stuff.     The longest waits have been for Idiot, Breakdown and Saviors.    All three of those were the "oh, crap - we need to do something amazing here because the tides are turning on us" album of the time.    Rev Rad comes in 4th in this contest of long waits, and same deal.   Reactionary albums to the problems of the last era.   Green Day have definitley learned that flip-flapping a FOAM-type album out every year might be a bad look.   But Billie's a song factory, and we only live once.    I'm confident that Green Day are working hard on all forseeable obsticles that could harm an album for future release, and they'll balance their creativity with demand for new music and put out albums every 3 years if humanly possible.  

In short, ALBUM 15:    April 16th, 2027!!!!!!!!!!!!!      So I'll stop asking for a thread about it for now.     The "Album 14 Thread" opened up what, 2 years and 29 days before Saviors released?   That means I'll need Album 15 Thread opened around March 17th 2025.   Set your calenders people!    From March 2025 to June 2027 we'll all be super duper active again and then I'll going bonkers asking a bout Album 16 thread......sometime in.......May 2027 or something for a 2030 album 16?    Let's go crazy! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flashback said:

According to Billboard, Saviors sold over 100,000 units so far. Do we know if that's just US or worldwide? If it's just US I'd say that this is quite impressive 🧐

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/green-day-dilemma-tops-rock-alternative-airplay-chart-1235645180/amp/

I'm sure that's about US. If it was worldwide, it probably would've mentioned it. Since Billboard is US based, I think it's safe to assume any figures are about US specifically unless stated otherwise.

If that's just talking about album copies, then that's probably pretty good by 2024 rock standards. Most rock albums get most of their album sales in the first week or two, so doubling that seems pretty good

If it's including total album sales + streaming equivalent units, then I don't think that's that good at all

If it's including first week album sales + streaming equivalent units, then that's probably ok

I could be completely wrong. I'm not an expert. But it doesn't seem particularly impressive to me. The album's tracks are up to a combined 75 million streams on spotify now, idk how good that number is at this point. For comparison, FOAM is at 145.7 million. Since FOAM has had 4 years to accumulate streams, you could assume that Saviors is doing better since it's only been a couple months but Saviors released to a bigger streaming market in 2024 and has more tracks so it's hard to know. The tracks on Saviors will also continue to get less daily streams as time goes on so it's hard to tell when Saviors will surpass FOAMF or if it ever does. I don't see Saviors ever surpassing RevRad which is at 422.4 million streams at this point and is still gaining streams at a decent pace thanks to its singles Still Breathing, Bang Bang and the title track

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm sure that's about US. If it was worldwide, it probably would've mentioned it. Since Billboard is US based, I think it's safe to assume any figures are about US specifically unless stated otherwise.

If that's just talking about album copies, then that's probably pretty good by 2024 rock standards. Most rock albums get most of their album sales in the first week or two, so doubling that seems pretty good

If it's including total album sales + streaming equivalent units, then I don't think that's that good at all

If it's including first week album sales + streaming equivalent units, then that's probably ok

I could be completely wrong. I'm not an expert. But it doesn't seem particularly impressive to me. The album's tracks are up to a combined 75 million streams on spotify now, idk how good that number is at this point. For comparison, FOAM is at 145.7 million. Since FOAM has had 4 years to accumulate streams, you could assume that Saviors is doing better since it's only been a couple months but Saviors released to a bigger streaming market in 2024 and has more tracks so it's hard to know. The tracks on Saviors will also continue to get less daily streams as time goes on so it's hard to tell when Saviors will surpass FOAMF or if it ever does. I don't see Saviors ever surpassing RevRad which is at 422.4 million streams at this point and is still gaining streams at a decent pace thanks to its singles Still Breathing, Bang Bang and the title track

I think it's way better than expected 😄 maybe if they play the songs regularely on tour and get nominated for a Grammy they can reach the 500,000 for gold one day.

• Like 4