102.1 The Edge interview

Stewe

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He didn’t even seem aware that they released music in 2016. I wish we could get some actual fans asking questions sometimes. 

Ironically The Edge played the shit out of the Rev Rad songs 😂

The Edge sucks though to be honest. Used to be an amazing station but has turned into a Hipster orgy as of late.

Every time I tune in it feels like someone oiled my beard or something. There was a hard shift around 2011-12. Went from Social D, Green Day, Rancid and other alternative acts to mumford and sons and hipster shit. They also play that Holzer dude. Somebody that he used to blow or something.

I think Green Day also visited Indie 88 which often plays more deep cut singles like Warning. 

40 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Really good interview.

The Edge still does some things right. They’ve really grown over the last 20 years as a go to station for many people despite my criticisms mentioned above.

They were huge backers of Green Day well before American Idiot and Green Day played Edgefest multiple times in the 90s and early 2000s

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He didn’t even seem aware that they released music in 2016. I wish we could get some actual fans asking questions sometimes. 

Damn, at first I brushed it off as him meaning he wanted an American Idiot-esque album in 2016, but watching it again he clearly says he wanted some Green Day in 2016. Ugh, I wish I was there to immediately correct him haha

Edited by devilskind92
  • Like 4

I think this is just something that GD has to expect. People not really knowing anything about their post-AI stuff (apart from 21 Guns maybe). I don't think of any of their albums as AI part 2, because they're all just their own thing. I guess we don't exactly know what the interviewer means by AI part 2. Does he mean something as successful as AI, something in the vein of 21CB or RevRad or some sort of sequel to AI?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wow. Imagine that. "GDA wish to announce that GD have agreed to answer questions from GDC members. You can submit up to max of say 5 questions per member. Replies from the band will either be texted or visually, to be agreed." Now what 5 questions would YOU ask?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Wow. Imagine that. "GDA wish to announce that GD have agreed to answer questions from GDC members. You can submit up to max of say 5 questions per member. Replies from the band will either be texted or visually, to be agreed." Now what 5 questions would YOU ask?

When will C&V drop?

What is your opinion on Rush?

Which song from American Idiot was the first one that was written? How different was it back then vs what we got on the album? 

Why was When It’s Time omitted from so many albums? 

Was Minnesota Girl and Things I Heard Today ever considered for C&V or any album before or after?

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think this is just something that GD has to expect. People not really knowing anything about their post-AI stuff (apart from 21 Guns maybe). I don't think of any of their albums as AI part 2, because they're all just their own thing. I guess we don't exactly know what the interviewer means by AI part 2. Does he mean something as successful as AI, something in the vein of 21CB or RevRad or some sort of sequel to AI?

It’s such a shit question. Why would anyone ever do something like a sequel to an album? It’s not a fucking movie.

I can understand asking from the perspective of returning to that style or form of music but to make a sequel?? Yuck!

• Like 3
  • Love 1