New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Was hoping for a longer sound. At least one close to 5 mins like 21 Guns or something. Father to a Son seems relatively short for an epic ballad.

37 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

No epic JOS/Homecoming style multi-part song!

Honestly I’m kinda ok with this, and ok that this album may not have characters/deep concept. 

If it does/did all we would do is talk about how it falls short of JOS/Homecoming or AI/21CB. The probability of replicating that energy is low but that’s ok. 

These songs sound better than FOAMF and the band is excited - there for so am I no matter how long the album or it’s tracks are!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well Tre Cool did taggued Pink on an instagram story a long time ago and we still don't know why :P

Wait did that actually happen?

43 minutes ago, A Worry Rock said:

The album length is 45:55 according to Qobuz.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/saviors-green-day/qq8o9smt7wfdc

WA4OmFj.png

Kinda surprised that Saviors isn't even 3 minutes long. At first glance I thought that 4-minute track was it, but nope. That's Fancy Sauce.

Honestly, though, this is pretty typical for most GD releases. Aside from a couple of tracks that stretch past 6 minutes, their albums usually feature songs around the lengths we see here.

I bet Saviours could still be like American Eulogy. It’s only about 4 minutes long as well.

edit- Fancy Sauce, not saviors

It’s a bummer that there’s no multi-part song, as I was hoping for something similar to Homecoming or Forever Now. But judging the quality of a song based on its length is just as pointless as judging it based on its title. 45 minutes is still long enough for me and there’s lots of new material to look forward to. However, I do hope they reworked OEB. I’m not a fan oh the song because it sound too FOAMy, but that’s subjective. The riff, however, clearly sounds like P!nk, and the hand claps are just annoying. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Wait did that actually happen?

Yeah she was taggued on the post about the Metro Chicago show announcement. 
Edit: she's not taggued anymore

East Jesus Nowhere has had handclaps as well. And the version of OEB we heard was clearly a demo. So every single instrument could sound different than in the demo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well Tre Cool did taggued Pink on an instagram story a long time ago and we still don't know why :P

I think it's just a clever way to tease the color of the GREEN DAY logo for this era

• Haha 2

I don't think that One Eyed Bastard leak was a demo.. I just hope that it's been remixed with bass a bit louder. Other than that, it actually sounds the best out of the three songs. TADIKM unfortunately lacks that wider high end around 6 - 12k and in general sounds like a lower bitrate mp3, slightly muffled in lower mids. Listen to it next to Holiday, which is the same type of song and you'll see.

CLA still didn't manage to outdo himself or even repeat his best work which still to this day is American Idiot (and The Black Parade sitting next to it). I'm still very excited for the new album nevertheless.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Flashback said:

East Jesus Nowhere has had handclaps as well. And the version of OEB we heard was clearly a demo. So every single instrument could sound different than in the demo.

Thing is, what's the likelihood of a demo being exactly as long as the final song (to the second even)? I hope I'm wrong ofc, though I personally did not mind OEB. But it does sound different to what we've otherwise heard from Saviors. Most of all production-wise tbh. Hard to put my finger on it, but the leak was missing the classic "Cavallo" touch. This makes me think the final song will sound different, even if perhaps only marginally. 

• Like 3

Saviors track listing:

1."The American Dream Is Killing Me"3:06

2."Look Ma, No Brains!"2:03

3."Bobby Sox"3:44

4."One Eyed Bastard"2:52

5."Dilemma"3:18

6."1981"2:09

7."Goodnight Adeline"2:56

8."Coma City"3:28

9."Corvette Summer"3:02

10."Suzie Chapstick"3:16

11."Strange Days Are Here to Stay"3:05

12."Livin in the '20s"2:06

13."Father to a Son"3:54

14."Saviors"2:55

15."Fancy Sauce"4:01

*Bobby Sox will be great. Fingers crossed for that one.

*Livin in the 20s & 1981 are short. Others are ok I think.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Thing is, what's the likelihood of a demo being exactly as long as the final song (to the second even)? I hope I'm wrong ofc, though I personally did not mind OEB. But it does sound different to what we've otherwise heard from Saviors. Most of all production-wise tbh. Hard to put my finger on it, but the leak was missing the classic "Cavallo" touch. This makes me think the final song will sound different, even if perhaps only marginally. 

The demo sounds exactly like a Butch Walker production

• Like 1

I see that a lot of people here still don't really know what does producer/production mean and what does mixing engineer mean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Well, why should it be longer when the structure of the song didn't change? When the tempo stays the same, the duration doesn't change.

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t want them to feel forced to make a longer song, do what feels right. Do you all think stylistically this album will be like any prior ones? I’m thinking more of the diversity of nimrod?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Do you all think stylistically this album will be like any prior ones? I’m thinking more of the diversity of nimrod?

Definitely possible. TADIKM and LMNB seem to be totally different styles. TADIKM is also the only political song out of the 4 we've heard and none of the other songs necessarily sound like they're political based on the song titles. At least not in the same way TADIKM does. So that could be the only political song on the album.

Maybe there will be an instrumental track, like Last Ride In/Espionage? One of the shorter songs could be an instrumental. Or hell maybe Fancy Sauce might be an instrumental track. Ik albums that end with these long epic instrumental sections like Paramore's Future or Weezer's Only In Dreams

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

It’s a bummer that there’s no multi-part song, as I was hoping for something similar to Homecoming or Forever Now. But judging the quality of a song based on its length is just as pointless as judging it based on its title. 45 minutes is still long enough for me and there’s lots of new material to look forward to. However, I do hope they reworked OEB. I’m not a fan oh the song because it sound too FOAMy, but that’s subjective. The riff, however, clearly sounds like P!nk, and the hand claps are just annoying. 

SPRAY PAINT THE WALLS

14 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Definitely possible. TADIKM and LMNB seem to be totally different styles. TADIKM is also the only political song out of the 4 we've heard and none of the other songs necessarily sound like they're political based on the song titles. At least not in the same way TADIKM does. So that could be the only political song on the album.

Maybe there will be an instrumental track, like Last Ride In/Espionage? One of the shorter songs could be an instrumental. Or hell maybe Fancy Sauce might be an instrumental track. Ik albums that end with these long epic instrumental sections like Paramore's Future or Weezer's Only In Dreams

Omg dude an instrumental track would be amazing. They haven’t done one in so long so this would be well received if done right.

The two they currently have are FAR from being the worst songs in the catalog. Although one guy on reddit tried to say Last Ride In was their worst song and he got a less than warm response from other users 

Yeah if OEB is the same tempo then it makes sense that it would be the same length if they didn't change the structure massively, still a different recording though probably as we're hearing that this record is completely RAK and Ocean Way.

On the song lengths, I'm a little dissapointed to not have anything more than four minutes long although it's still possible we at least get a couple of songs with a Jinx/Haushinka thing going on

• Like 2
  • Love 1