The Rare Green Day Items Wish List...

Cabot_GRRL

I just ordered Cometbus #54 in China with Green Day. I've been dying to read it and finally found a copy! What are your rare Green Day wish list items? 

4 hours ago, Cabot_GRRL said:

I just ordered Cometbus #54 in China with Green Day. I've been dying to read it and finally found a copy! What are your rare Green Day wish list items? 

I got that while ago from 1234Go Record, love it, was very excited to get a copy. I have Dookie Converse but I don’ think they are rare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I got that while ago from 1234Go Record, love it, was very excited to get a copy. I have Dookie Converse but I don’ think they are rare.

Which Converse?

I got the Dookie and AI Converse (2 pair of each, one pair I used to wear and one for decoration 😂). But I think you‘re right, it‘s not that rare

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

The Green Day Vinyl figures that came out in the 2000s. They're not super hard to find, but usually have a high price tag.

Same! 

And: 
Hitchin A Ride cloud shaped single
86 promo
Prosthetic Head promo
Trilogy Converse

• Like 2

Oh, and I catched a pick from Mike back at a concert in mainz/Germany. Not really rare but it means a lot 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cabot_GRRL said:

7 hours ago, jengd said:

Thanks for this, I didn't know of it's existence. Have ordered copy from US. Love any books on Green Day. Really appreciate you sharing. You're a star. x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JellyTime said:

Same! 

And: 
Hitchin A Ride cloud shaped single
86 promo
Prosthetic Head promo
Trilogy Converse

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Hitchin A Ride cloud shaped CD single also

Yea, this is ultra rare. Amazing design. Apparently only 200 pressings. Discogs estimated price 120 dollars. Not traced any for sale yet.

I've noticed over years, if you don't buy a GD single when it's released, they soon become collector items, and up shoots the price. 

• Like 2

The trilogy on colored vinyl and the shit-brown Dookie vinyl that came out in 2020 are on there. Oh and the Stray Heart promo single, I just think that’d be fun to have.

Along with the American Idiot B-sides CD John Roecker posted a few years back… holy grail type stuff 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I would say the Australian Waiting CD Single which has the Original Version of Maria. Also, the Green and Orange Promos for Walking Contradiction (Especially the Orange One), both have exclusive mixes, but I've never heard the orange CD one.

WC Orange Promo

And this is the mix for the Green promo.

Radio Version #2 is easily identifiable because it has a TON of added crash cymbal hits starting around 1:58 and then from 2:04 to the end. They're all in the right speaker and would require 3 arms to play :lol:. Once you notice it you can't unhear it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aahhhh said:

Radio Version #2 is easily identifiable because it has a TON of added crash cymbal hits starting around 1:58 and then from 2:04 to the end. They're all in the right speaker and would require 3 arms to play :lol:. Once you notice it you can't unhear it.

The version in this video is from a third WC Promo (Which I own in my collection), and it's called RADIO EDIT #2, this is the same mix from WC Videoclip. The Orange Version of WC has the RADIO VERSION 2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Insomniac1984 said:

The version in this video is from a third WC Promo (Which I own in my collection), and it's called RADIO EDIT #2, this is the same mix from WC Videoclip. The Orange Version of WC has the RADIO VERSION 2.

Wild! Wonder what the difference is.

• Like 3

GD have released so many singles, but you get so much more. Many come with live tracks and some with prev' unreleased non-album tracks, so value for money really. Plus, some amazing artwork over the years. The drawings from the Dookie era are awesome.

If I had to choose fav' it would be 'Live Tracks' ep from '94, with drawing of dogs chilling out. Can't imagine what they're smoking. 😏

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pcj said:

GD have released so many singles, but you get so much more. Many come with live tracks and some with prev' unreleased non-album tracks, so value for money really. Plus, some amazing artwork over the years. The drawings from the Dookie era are awesome.

If I had to choose fav' it would be 'Live Tracks' ep from '94, with drawing of dogs chilling out. Can't imagine what they're smoking. 😏

You're right, Green Day has a huge singles/CD Promo collection. However, from 2016 there are just a few (comparing to the 90s, when you can have 2 or 3 versions of a single... or even more). The Live Eps are memorable, too (Also, considering almost all of them were japanese exclusives... it gives a real feel of satisfaction when you get them in physical). Not all of them have a good art work, but the content (music) is fantastic!!

It's a shame that EPs or the vast majority of singles are not available in Stream services.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Would be super awesome to get a compilation of alternate versions/mixes like the Cavallo/Finn mix of 2,000 Light Years Away and the Insomniac version of Good Riddance 👍

• Like 3

It‘s weird that the version of the official „walking contradiction“ Video is one of these mixes and not the album version

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

It‘s weird that the version of the official „walking contradiction“ Video is one of these mixes and not the album version

This practice is more common than you think. For instance:

* Keep Fishin' by Weezer (The mix from the videoclip is the Radio Version. It's available on Keep Fishin' Single)

* I wanna be sedated by The Ramones (This is from a Ramones Promo of the song)

* My inmortal by Evasnescence (The video has the band version of the song which I think it was a bonus track of Fallen album)

* Long time gone by Chris Cornell (This one is available on Chris Cornell's Compilatory released couple of years ago and also in a CD single of the song)

* Dammit by Blink 182 (The Drums starts a little bit before in the videoclip version and it's censored. The videoclip version is available and not censored in their Greatest Hits record)

* Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden (Videoclip version is different than the Superunknown album.)

That's all I can remember for now, but I think you get the idea 😉

• Like 1

I thought the drums dammit and Josie were rerecorded with Travis on the drums. But yes, you‘re right. I think „Dreams“ by Beck has also two versions.

Especially older songs got a different mix.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:48 AM, jengd said:

On 3/10/2023 at 1:48 AM, jengd said:

Oh wow! Dookie Converse! Freakin Cool!😁❤️