Punk Rock Museum

saintjimmy924

Interesting to hear that Green Day declined to be a part of this new museum in Vegas. Anyone know any more details as to why? 

• Like 1

Wow.  Yeah I wonder what the story is there.  Do they not consider themselves punk pioneers like the other bands involved or are they not fans of the whole museum idea for music?  THey were psyched to get inducted into the RnRHoF but not sure how they feel about the museum side of it.

I know they’ve definitely hung out. Ive heard stories from Fat Mike about partying with Billie joe. I also specifically remember fat Mike saying he likes Billie joe and that hes a nice guy but whether Billie likes him idk. I still sense some animosity from Mike due to the way he said who made more money from punk rock than anyone. I still feel like he considers them sell outs. 
my theory is that they dont want to be a part of a museum that celebrates a scene that pretty much turned their back on them once they got big. 

9 minutes ago, saintjimmy924 said:

my theory is that they dont want to be a part of a museum that celebrates a scene that pretty much turned their back on them once they got big. 

That's true it is pretty rich that they're willing to take their money now.

And, of course, if Green Day were to be involved it raises the profile of the whole thing and maybe they don't want that if they feel the other parties still consider them sellouts

• Like 2

I suppose there is a risk of it becoming a GD museum given their profile as opposed to the likes of Pennywise say.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

I suppose there is a risk of it becoming a GD museum given their profile as opposed to the likes of Pennywise say.

That would make sense as a reason for the creators to not want their participation but they did want it. Maybe GD are happy getting a little exhibit and ceding space to what they consider more influential bands that came before them. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That would make sense as a reason for the creators to not want their participation but they did want it. Maybe GD are happy getting a little exhibit and ceding space to what they consider more influential bands that came before them. 

Yes but they know how out of control it can get when some of the others involved have not experienced that. Who knows, maybe they hangs the whole idea?  Or siting it in Vegas?

Idk why they declined cause it seems a pretty cool thing. Maybe location? Idk.

i wonder why Tom DeLonge declined too. I mean Green Day and blink-182 are the biggest Punkrock Bands (commercially). Maybe they don‘t seem themselves as punkrock anymore but I can‘t see it as a reason. Would be interesting when they tell the reason

Idk, am I the only one who sees a massive potential for ridicule in the concept of a punk museum in Vegas of all places?

edit: imagine googling “green day las vegas” 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Idk, am I the only one who sees a massive potential for ridicule in the concept of a punk museum in Vegas of all places?

Yeah thats what I thought with „location“. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it's possible that Green Day's people didn't run this by Billie, Mike and Tre at all.  It could be have been strictly a business thing.  Or maybe Green Day have a lot of OTHER things going on (1972 related).   

Maybe Green Day are distancing themselves from things like Rudy's Can't Fail, because....ya know, failure?   

Green Day also like to say that they are 'inspired by punk rock' and not necessarily punk rock themselves.   They want to be a big, huge rock band and it's confusing, but what's more punk rock than turning out the small punk rock thing?   

Punk rock is so confusing.   It's dead, it's not dead,   blah blah blah.    

Just make good music, join that wacky Pop Punk Kids group on facebook and be yourself, you bastard.  

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

Unfortunately, it's possible that Green Day's people didn't run this by Billie, Mike and Tre at all.  It could be have been strictly a business thing.  Or maybe Green Day have a lot of OTHER things going on (1972 related).   

Green Day also like to say that they are 'inspired by punk rock' and not necessarily punk rock themselves.   They want to be a big, huge rock band and it's confusing, but what's more punk rock than turning out the small punk rock thing?   

I agree this seems like something their management would have done without the consent from the band. 

As far as I knew, they've always considered themselves a punk rock band. I specifically remember during the AI tour dates that Billie would call themselves a punk rock band. Is this something they're doing in their older age? Distancing themselves from that label?

• Like 1

Fat Mike just wants their money and Tom delonges lol he's spent years talking shit about needing to separate "Church and skate" now come crawling around for some cash? That's all he's was talking about I would've told him to kiss my ass too

• Like 2

16 hours ago, nopride84 said:

I would've told him to kiss my ass too

"So you can take a walk/ or you can suck my cock/ you're not getting any of my money so craw-aw-aw-aw-awl"

• Haha 1