Secret Show @ Gillman Street - April 9th

Greenday_Aussie

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

As long as you didn’t book a flight. Always good to wait

No I only live an hour from Berkeley. Yeah getting a flight without show confirmation would be a little crazy lol 

Hi all, so I'm a bit confused. People are saying it's a joke now and that gilman posted that it's a joke on their stories, but I see no such thing. 

Really hoping this is true because my Birthday is on the 10th and I'll be in San Jose for that because my grandparents live there and my grandma and I's birthdays are super close, I'd be sad if I got excited for nothing. 

18 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Hi all, so I'm a bit confused. People are saying it's a joke now and that gilman posted that it's a joke on their stories, but I see no such thing. 

Really hoping this is true because my Birthday is on the 10th and I'll be in San Jose for that because my grandparents live there and my grandma and I's birthdays are super close, I'd be sad if I got excited for nothing. 

Yeah Gilman posted a story saying that it's a joke. But it has been deleted.
So did they played the reverse psychological game?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah Gilman posted a story saying that it's a joke. But it has been deleted.
So did they played the reverse psychological game?

tbh that's what I'm wondering. Get people's hopes up, then say it's a joke, then Green Day performs anyway but for a smaller crowd. Honestly I'm wondering if I should go still just in case of that?

5 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

tbh that's what I'm wondering. Get people's hopes up, then say it's a joke, then Green Day performs anyway but for a smaller crowd. Honestly I'm wondering if I should go still just in case of that?

How do they usually sell secret show tickets, by email list?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I have no idea, I honestly only just got really into Green Day after my friend dragged me to Hella Mega in September. Even so, they're already super important to me and have influenced my writings so much already, I'd just love to go to a venue like that and see them, especially so close to my birthday! 

• Like 4

Should I turn back toward my coast?  

lol

I'm currently scouring the net trying to here the new RHCP album.  If I bump de bump into 1972 while I'm in the wild, I may let you guys know.  

No links, though.  

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

On the door for a lot of them. Sometimes online. Depends I think on how close to the show the announcement is. Brixton/Shepherd's Bush were online but Longshot at 1234Go and the FHBT Tour were on the door

• Thanks 1

I don't get it. Why even post this joke? April Fool's is tomorrow. This is just odd.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't get it. Why even post this joke? April Fool's is tomorrow. This is just odd.

I think they'll come out with a statement tomorrow, "April Fools!!! The Green Day show is real!!!"

The show is real. They back themself saying it's a joke because they didn't thought that Green Day fans would focus on the thing that wasn't circle in red 😂 And then they deleted the story an hour after because they knew they fucked up.

So Green Day will be playing at Gilman on April 9th.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The show is real. They back themself saying it's a joke because they didn't thought that Green Day fans would focus on the thing that wasn't circle in red 😂 And then they deleted the story an hour after because they knew they fucked up.

So Green Day will be playing at Gilman on April 9th.

No. It’s fake

5 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

That's true. I might consider still going. Isn't the Gilman for a more younger crowd though? I'm 32 and might be the oldest one there lol, but if it turns out to be green day I won't care 

I’ve never been to California so I frankly have no idea what the scene is like over there. In my experience from the other side of the world, hardcore shows tend to skew 20 - 30 and punk shows often even older. But there always is plenty of older people at shows that draw the youngest crowds (that would be indie rap i guess) so I don’t think you’d feel out of place.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cali_gd89 said:

That's true. I might consider still going. Isn't the Gilman for a more younger crowd though? I'm 32 and might be the oldest one there lol, but if it turns out to be green day I won't care 

Yeah, I might go still too, depending on if my sister goes or not! (she'll be my only ride rip) 

• Love 1

Let's keep an eye on their Instagram stories. If we see they're back home in California, then we'll know the Gillman Street show is happening!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Let's keep an eye on their Instagram stories. If we see their back home in California, then we'll know the Gillman Street show is happening!!!

yeah…. That’s not how this works.

• Like 1

If this is a joke show that might be cruel. Some Green Day fans would fly in for this spending a lot of hard earned money and  taking time off work and more. Green Day fans are hardcore crazy sometimes. I hope they wouldn’t try to hurt anyone like this.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

If this is a joke show that might be cruel. Some Green Day fans would fly in for this spending a lot of hard earned money and  taking time off work and more. Green Day fans are hardcore crazy sometimes. I hope they wouldn’t try to hurt anyone like this.

If it does end up being a joke, I'm sure it's all on Gillman Street. I don't think the band would do that. They would refund the fans in a heartbeat!!!

^ Yeah, I don't think Green Day would be involved in a prank like that, I don't think they have any ties to the place outside of sentimentality and Ultra Q occasionally playing there. 

Regardless I will visit, since I've been wanting to for a while now. Kinda a sort of pilgrimage thing + research for a story I'm writing. Watching the documentary on it was fascinating too, it's amazing how much history it has.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

It should be revealed tomorrow. Any reasonable person aware of April Fools Day would wait 24 hours before making irreversible and expensive plans.

• Like 3