Green Day TikTok Videos

Little Boy Named Booze

I heard that the 1972 leak is actually in reverse. You can see the videos above Billie playing in reverse although when I "un-reversed" it and sounded like shit.

• Like 1

Thank you for this. I never really signed up for an account... sorry GD :blush:

It seems, though, that they post simultaneously on IG and YT so maybe I'm not missing much. Will check this thread from time to time.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 12:01 PM, Lost Boy said:

I heard that the 1972 leak is actually in reverse. You can see the videos above Billie playing in reverse although when I "un-reversed" it and sounded like shit.

The vocals kind of sound reversed, but I don't think it means anything.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:52 PM, The Grohl said:

I fucking hate Tiktok :lol:

That’s what everyone says til they download it and get addicted lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

Viva Death once said that everything is tic tok.  

I love that song! It's one of my favorite Viva Death songs. They're such a good band.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With the recent news of many legendary artists selling their catalogs (composition rights) to the labels, this got me wondering.

Green Day just got out from under a contract where they didn’t own their masters so I don’t see them doing that just yet. Taylor Swift on the other hand did the opposite. She re-recorded her old songs so that she now owns the new masters as well as the composition rights.  Green Day owns the composition rights to everything through FOAM but Warner still owns the recording rights.  Going forward it’s likely Green Day own both for new stuff but still not for the old stuff which let’s face it, is the stuff with the most value for licensing. 

So are Green Day re-recording select songs from  Kerplunk and others possibly not for any kind of re-issue, but for future licensing if needed?  Like, you may hear a newly recorded version of 2000LYA in a movie that they licensed with complete permission and get 100% of the licensing fee. 

This is an excellent point. I always wondered if they would do that after leaving Warner.

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

With the recent news of many legendary artists selling their catalogs (composition rights) to the labels, this got me wondering.

Green Day just got out from under a contract where they didn’t own their masters so I don’t see them doing that just yet. Taylor Swift on the other hand did the opposite. She re-recorded her old songs so that she now owns the new masters as well as the composition rights.  Green Day owns the composition rights to everything through FOAM but Warner still owns the recording rights.  Going forward it’s likely Green Day own both for new stuff but still not for the old stuff which let’s face it, is the stuff with the most value for licensing. 

So are Green Day re-recording select songs from  Kerplunk and others possibly not for any kind of re-issue, but for future licensing if needed?  Like, you may hear a newly recorded version of 2000LYA in a movie that they licensed with complete permission and get 100% of the licensing fee. 

IIRC GD got the rights to their Lookout releases when Lookout was going under. They were reissued by Warner, but I'm pretty sure GD owns the rights. GD is seemingly still on Warner post FOAM, so it's hard to imagine them openly planning to undercut their record label.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Obviously they're reading this.  😂

Spooky isn’t it? 😉

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Spooky isn’t it? 😉

We see you Billie!    :search:

• Like 2