1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The song name is American Dream. It can't be OEB maybe I'm stupid but how the fuck do you guys heard the riff from OEB lol I don't think it's the same thing at all.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, A Worry Rock said:

The song shows up as "American Dream" using an app powered by Shazam. 

Jmhjn8m.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

I might be proven wrong very shortly but I really don't think the teaser is OEB. It doesn't sound that alike at all and we've also been told 'forget about OEB' by people in the know. I think the teaser we've heard is the title track of the album, either American Dream or The American Dream is Killing Me.

The opening riff is the same thing to my ears, just changed up slightly, obviously

Idk why people expect or even want Billie to write about covid or the pandemic. I mean, that's sort of over. Obviously, covid is still a thing but it's not something keeping people awake at night at this point. The stuff that Billie's been talking about since American Idiot, stuff like the media, war, people in power, the working people being screwed over is something that's more relevant right now than covid, and was still relevant during the height of the pandemic, as it was the working class people who suffered the most as they were the essential workers who weren't able to work from home, the people who needed stimulus checks but weren't getting them

7 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

I might be proven wrong very shortly but I really don't think the teaser is OEB. It doesn't sound that alike at all and we've also been told 'forget about OEB' by people in the know. I think the teaser we've heard is the title track of the album, either American Dream or The American Dream is Killing Me.

Yeah I don't think it's OEB either. All the teasers and everything seems to be suggesting the song is something related to the American Dream or American Dream is Killing Me. Nothing about the teasers really suggests OEB, a song which doesn't even seem like a song they'd release as a single, doesn't seem related to the more political AI/21CB vibe that this album seems to be going for. I don't think 1981 or OEB is going to be the first released song, neither song is even that good

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah I don't think it's OEB either. All the teasers and everything seems to be suggesting the song is something related to the American Dream or American Dream is Killing Me. Nothing about the teasers really suggests OEB, a song which doesn't even seem like a song they'd release as a single, doesn't seem related to the more political AI/21CB vibe that this album seems to be going for. I don't think 1981 or OEB is going to be the first released song, neither song is even that good

Doesn't have to be OEB, but clearly heavily inspired in some way, unless I'm going crazy at 25

• Like 1

It is a completely different song. Bands rework and improve on riff ideas all the time, but we need to all accept that this is a new song

• Like 1

If it was a new Green Day song playing into the commercial break in the 4th quarter of the Giants-Bills game last night, the drums sounded exactly like this teaser!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If it was a new Green Day song playing into the commercial break in the 4th quarter of the Giants-Bills game last night, the drums sounded exactly like this teaser!!!

Could someone pls provide a snippet of that?

• Like 3

Why are people on here so insistent on the new song being such a bad song as OEB?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk why people expect or even want Billie to write about covid or the pandemic. I mean, that's sort of over. Obviously, covid is still a thing but it's not something keeping people awake at night at this point.

Plus he already wrote about it in Money Money 2020 Pt. II. Pretty good lyrics and songs too. No reason to rethread that ground.

I would love an album about the working class being screwed over by the elite. I'm kind of tired of "boo hoo government is evil" though, I hope he can be more nuanced than that if that's really what we're getting.

• Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I'm pretty sure it's this song

This is definitely it!! Damn LOL!!! I was having my doubts because the drum beat was different from the teaser

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You're telling me I used my last Go on my phone to upload a song by Cute Is What We Aim For

Go?

8 hours ago, Flynn said:

b1176d2181e4e02ebfcb9d8a0c08ceb8f86b3940

DONT DEAD OPEN INSIDE

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jakdokinori said:

Might just be a similar opening riff then the song goes into a completely different direction or something 

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

DONT DEAD OPEN INSIDE

Did the pic of negan turn out to be legit or false ?

• Like 1

As the new era soon begins, does anyone have any final words to offer the FOAM era? I still remember the day in 2019 when the single/album announcement came out and many on here thought it was a joke lol.

Just now, dudley dawson said:

As the new era soon begins, does anyone have any final words to offer the FOAM era? I still remember the day in 2019 when the single/album announcement came out and many on here thought it was a joke lol.

And I think @Sanity Loan dropped the FOAM acronym like a week before and we all said, “What can that possibly stand for?” LOL

1 hour ago, devilskind92 said:

Plus he already wrote about it in Money Money 2020 Pt. II. Pretty good lyrics and songs too. No reason to rethread that ground.

I would love an album about the working class being screwed over by the elite. I'm kind of tired of "boo hoo government is evil" though, I hope he can be more nuanced than that if that's really what we're getting.

Yea cuz green day knows what the working class life is like in 2023

• Haha 3

maybe the zombies should represent the guys on GDC who still think that green day will put out an amazing album again.. they will come back after their death just to post on GDC "omg i feel it will be good" 

3 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Yea cuz green day knows what the working class life is like in 2023

I mean you've got a point lol

But if they care and pay enough attention to the world, they can still know. They've (or at least Billie has) shown to be somewhat self-aware enough so there's hope. I don't expect them to deliver the punk rock version of the Capital, don't get me wrong, I just hope they can go a little bit deeper than "the government and media are bad". And that's IF they're actually gonna go political again.

1 minute ago, devilskind92 said:

I mean you've got a point lol

But if they care and pay enough attention to the world, they can still know. They've (or at least Billie has) shown to be somewhat self-aware enough so there's hope. I don't expect them to deliver the punk rock version of the Capital, don't get me wrong, I just hope they can go a little bit deeper than "the government and media are bad". And that's IF they're actually gonna go political again.

What’s the Capital?

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic