1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

So we have Louder Than Life in September, then When We Were Young in October. So here's what I think.

The Louder Than Life setlist will be Dookie heavy, then Dookie 30 comes out on the 29th.

In October, we'll get a new single (1981?) and the album announcement

At When We Were Young, I could see them play the single, then debut maybe 1 or 2 other songs from the new album.

• Like 3

I am so bored right now as a fan waiting for new music. I miss when they used to drop singles randomly even if they were sucky like Here Comes the Shock or Pollyanna. 

No Fun Mondays were really good.

Is Billie Joe at least updating the Oakland Coffee playlist? That was really good. I hope that keeps up.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I love the fact that Mark is in contact with their fans on the Blink 182 discord server, talking and teasing them.

At least their getting something. Tomorrow Billie is gonna go to sleep so another month without news.

Yeah I don’t see them dropping Album 14 news until after Dookie 30. Plus Hans said that the new single will be out by “fall-ish”

• Like 3

People talking about how lucky blink fans are that they're getting something even though Edging was released like 10 months ago and the album is still not out yet. I would not prefer to have gotten a lead single months ago if it meant it would be another year before we got to hear the rest of the album. Especially if it was a track as mediocre as Edging is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Billie went to sleep today I hope we're gonna have an announcement anyway

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Billie went to sleep today I hope we're gonna have an announcement anyway

We have Dookie 30 at the end of the month, so give it maybe 1 or 2 weeks after that, and I think we'll have a new single by mid October

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I wonder if any traces of 1972 made the leap over to the new album.    

That's what I'm thinking too. My guess is that they recorded those 6 songs to make an EP but they weren't satisfied enough with it so they decided to add to it to make a full album

• Like 1

Pretty sure 1972 was the name when they started the project. But midway through they decided to ditch that name and come up with something else.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

Pretty sure 1972 was the name when they started the project. But midway through they decided to ditch that name and come up with something else.

This was the last teaser from last year and they were still using the #1972 hashtag. They must have ditched it some time after this was posted. I'm surprised they didn't post more after that and tease us with the new name

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

YES!!! This!!! I'm surprised they haven't teased this themselves yet!!!

Maybe because Saviors doesn't exist 😄

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:51 PM, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Instrumentallly speaking,  what album does 1981 remind you guys of? Im feeling longshot or uno based on just a few listens. Just straight pop rock i guess. I even hear some beatles in the melody.

Reminds me of C&V

I'm so tired to see the FOAM era photos that are still used for Green Day news in the media. Excited for the new and hopefully funny photoshoots from the new era.

I also hope the artwork of the new album is similar to Insomniac or Dookie which includes many details that is more like a collectible poster type.

As a bonus track, I Get Around (Beach Boys cover) and Cigarettes & Valentines studio version would be lovely too ( Although I highly doubt it). 

• Like 4

They need to scrap everything and get this Oliver Anthony fellow to be the new lead singer. 

After Billie's pyjama photo I'm sure the new album's name is:

'Saviors Pyjama Party'

It will include a song with the same name and it is a sequel to 'Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The band is so boring right now. They better not just become geezers. They are better than that. Mike and Tré seem fresh and full of new experiences. Billie Joe seems stagnant the past several years.

I hope the moving boxes and moving blankets the fans have speculated mean Billie Joe is finally shaking stuff up! Hopefully changing for the better!

9 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

After Billie's pyjama photo I'm sure the new album's name is:

'Saviors Pyjama Party'

It will include a song with the same name and it is a sequel to 'Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet'.

Can we make ridiculous tracklist posts now?   No?    Well, SPP is way cooler than 1972, I like it. 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic