1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

What does CD1 mean? If it's Chris Dugan, that means he mixed this song, but i thought CLA was on the mix for 1972? Which makes me think this is a b-side.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Butch Walker produced the post-FOAM singles Here Comes The Shock, Pollyanna and/or Holy Toledo? I can't seem to find any credits for these songs on the youtube videos, spotify etc. On genius, it says that he produced HCTS. Pollyanna was apparently produced by Green Day, and Holy Toledo was produced by both Walker and Green Day. But basically anyone can edit this info on genius and there doesn't seem to be any sources on genius confirming anything

But if those 3 tracks were produced by Butch, it's probably likely that he had a hand in producing what they were working on shortly after FOAM

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Is it okay to share lyrics for leaked songs? 

You have another besides one eyed bastard? Cuz OEB is already on genius.com

• Like 1

So....I don't know when I got mixed up, but I've been calling it One Eyed Monster for quite awhile and just realized today that it's actually bastard.   OOPS.   Wait!   Are there two songs?  Are they all gonna be one eyed songs?   

"one nine" kind of sounds like "one eyed".     Code words, perhaps?   

one nine seventy two 

badabing badabing badaboom

we f!@#IN fooled you

badabing badabing badaboom 

this is really 1972

we F!@#IN TOLD YA SO!!! 

part two

part three

BADABING BADABING BADABOOM

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

So for an internet dino like me this is just too contorted to follow but just found  what I think is fill One Eye Blind with the badabings and yes it’s like the P!nk song  but I like it and hooray if it’s indicative if the new album.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How about anything at all from the guys themselves

Let's hope for more than just a broomstick ride to hogwarts 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So the full song is instrumentally definitely interesting and feels like something fresh... but God those lyrics 

• Haha 1

Not what we've been discussing here, but my sixth sense somehow tells me OEB could be quite commercially succesful should they decide to release it. Just my two cents. 

Only just heard it. I’m back after so long away after the disappointment that was FOAMF. 

I don’t hate it but I don’t love it. The intro riff makes me just think of P!nk but it probably needs context. I doubt this is a single surely? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Sounds so much like that Pink song.

I was trying to figure it out what song it fuckin ripped off. This song Is garbage. The snippets made it sound like it'd be a better song .Autotune up the whazoo so it ain't a demo

• Like 1

Can't believe we finally got the hear this freaking song. 

Remember when I said last week that I had it and it wasn't true? Good old times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can't believe we finally got the hear this freaking song. 

Remember when I said last week that I had it and it wasn't true? Good old times.

Remember when everyone was talking about whatever "Saviors" could mean, now it's all about this song lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

yeah, could you stop lying in the future?

Nope :)
You mad lil b?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

Remember when everyone was talking about whatever "Saviors" could mean, now it's all about this song lmao

That’s the focus of NEXT summer

How did the band (management) reacted when the 21stCB demo leaked in early 2009? Similar pattern?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I’m totally blaming @That Dude for this post, his influence is clearly rubbing off on me,  but I’ve sussed them out! It’s a concept album about organised crime, a collaboration with P!nk who is Billie’s Moll and they are going to tour together, hence the delay.  It’ll be huge. 

This makes perfect sense!  There is a new subgenre of Punk called Crime Wave and Green Day don't want to miss the bandwagon!

Paint This Town Green and Pink: A Mafia Blues Opera!

One Eyed Monster

One Eyed Bastard

One Eyed Savior

Born and Raised With One Eye

1972 Eyeballs

This is 100% what I was thinking as well. Glad we agree on everything I just typed.  😉

• Haha 2