GDFan2019

Elements of FOAM sound it has:

piano

handclaps

simplistic chorus

Elements of FOAM sound it doesn't have:

falsetto

song structure without a bridge/overly abrupt ending

There's also a fuller sound to the instruments but I wouldn't say that matters all that much since it's a demo.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why? I'm not a fan of FOAM but I don't see how that clip is an improvement

It’s not much of an improvement but it definitely has more of a Green Day feeling. Someone said this was possibly recorded during the same sessions as Money Money 2020 Pt 2 and I could totally believe that, I heard the 12 second one now and the production sounds very similar. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

It’s not much of an improvement but it definitely has more of a Green Day feeling. Someone said this was possibly recorded during the same sessions as Money Money 2020 Pt 2 and I could totally believe that, I heard the 12 second one now and the production sounds very similar. 

That 7 second clip sounds like it comes straight off of FOAM to me. People always like to say FOAM doesn't sound or feel like Green Day and I get it. Some songs are very different, the quality is definitely not where I expect it to be for a GD album either. But there are absolutely songs on that album that both sound like Green Day and sound better than this track does. And even songs I don't like as a whole have parts that I like or that feel like Green Day. The title track is one I'd enjoy, but the falsettos on that track just ruin it for me

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Elements of FOAM sound it has:

piano

handclaps

simplistic chorus

Elements of FOAM sound it doesn't have:

falsetto

song structure without a bridge/overly abrupt ending

There's also a fuller sound to the instruments but I wouldn't say that matters all that much since it's a demo.

Billie Joe is very capable of doing falsetto. On 21CB and even the trilogy, he does it quite frequently and it sounds good. But I hate how all those falsettos and high pitch vocals sound on FOAMF.

I hate that they've been doing that abrupt ending after the 2nd chorus. It can work sometimes but on FOAMF, it really just makes the songs seem incomplete, even more than they already do. Even Back in the USA suffers from ending prematurely

I hope Billie calms down with the hand claps, but I will continue to hold the opinion that people really overreact about them. They are not the main reason for FOAM being worse than their other albums

• Like 2

I want more snapping and beat boxing on the new record.  Coming between tomorrow and 2025.

More snapping less clapping 😆 

I hope something is released soon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

More snapping less clapping 😆 

Heeeheee that's what I told your momma last night harhar

I hope they conjure some money money part 2 vibes on this album. Not new wavy just goofy I mean 

• Like 2

Why do you guys even think this song is going to be on a new album?

• Like 1

The place where I've been listening to the snippet of One Eyed Monster is gone.   :(   Unexpected database error.   I bet Green Day themselves had the site taken down.  Billie Joe was like "We're gonna, ya know, make millions off this song.  Because it's like, ya know.  The best song I've ever wrote.  And it's kind of about the mafia.   What's better than Rock and Roll and the mob!  

Mike Dirnt says "We brought the cylinders out again for 2024.  Ya know, to fire them."

Tre Cool says "To FIRE READY AIM THEM, BABY!"

Billie asks "Have we ever NOT fired on all cylinders?"   and just get dirty looks from Mike and Tre, who for some reason starts humming Junkies on a High.   

It's a weird interview and completely maybe not real. 

Someone said they were bringing the full song and then BLAM BLAM BLAM, site is down.   

I think I'll be okay, though.   That new Matchbox Twenty album is kind of a bop.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The place where I've been listening to the snippet of One Eyed Monster is gone.   :(   Unexpected database error.   I bet Green Day themselves had the site taken down.  Billie Joe was like "We're gonna, ya know, make millions off this song.  Because it's like, ya know.  The best song I've ever wrote.  And it's kind of about the mafia.   What's better than Rock and Roll and the mob!  

Mike Dirnt says "We brought the cylinders out again for 2024.  Ya know, to fire them."

Tre Cool says "To FIRE READY AIM THEM, BABY!"

Billie asks "Have we ever NOT fired on all cylinders?"   and just get dirty looks from Mike and Tre, who for some reason starts humming Junkies on a High.   

It's a weird interview and completely maybe not real. 

Someone said they were bringing the full song and then BLAM BLAM BLAM, site is down.   

I think I'll be okay, though.   That new Matchbox Twenty album is kind of a bop.   

It would be really funny in a twisted way if a handful of GD fans were responsible for knocking that site down

Edit: sites back 

• Like 1

🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day fans on here always overhype new music. Every song is “the next Holiday or JOS” or something. Been around this fan base too long to trust anyone’s initial opinion.

never trust their music opinion here ever

I love how this clip is like chum to Green Day fans, everyone is desperate as fuck for SOMETHING 😂

• Like 2

I wonder if the guys will address this leak at some point. Maybe this situation would somehow force them to just put it out as a standalone single?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if the guys will address this leak at some point. Maybe this situation would somehow force them to just put it out as a standalone single?

Why would they address the leak? All that will do is bring more attention to it. There isn't enough attention being given to this to justify them releasing it. They might release it as some point. Maybe on the album. Maybe as a B-side/bonus track type song. Maybe as a standalone song. Maybe they won't release it at all because it's honestly probably not even that good of a song

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe they won't release it at all because it's honestly probably not even that good of a song

+1

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why would they address the leak? All that will do is bring more attention to it. There isn't enough attention being given to this to justify them releasing it. They might release it as some point. Maybe on the album. Maybe as a B-side/bonus track type song. Maybe as a standalone song. Maybe they won't release it at all because it's honestly probably not even that good of a song

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

+1

I could see them releasing it at some point on another compilation of unreleased stuff like Shenanigans, either that or maybe they already reworked parts of the song into 1 or 2 songs on 1972, or completely wrote new lyrics over the same melody. Remember, we got Black Eyeliner on the Nimrod box set, which was reworked into Church on Sunday on Warning

12 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day fans on here always overhype new music. Every song is “the next Holiday or JOS” or something. Been around this fan base too long to trust anyone’s initial opinion.

The prechorus is the same chord progression and strum pattern as the verses of Holiday, that’s why it got that comparison. Other than that I wouldn’t compare it to that, just EJN and Say Goodbye. 

• Like 2

I heard the 12 seconds now as well and I like them. But sounds nothing like FOAM at all 😅 could it be that the hi-hat is an overdub? To me it sounds like it doesn't fit together with the hit of the crash 🤔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe they won't release it at all

I think that it won't be released because its chorus is too close to Holiday. But we'll see, chord progressions can change... anyways the badabing part beginning with the short guitar slide is really catchy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Tbh I don’t know how I could get any kind of serious opinion over a 12 seconds clip of a demo covered by a black market audio watermark. It’s always exiting to hear something new from the band, but that’s about it. 

Because some of us have heard the full thing.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic