1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

9 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah this tracklist sounds way too generic. Whatever might have been said about RR's tracklisting, that clearly didn't just sound like an AI wrote it. This very likely is just an AI generated tracklist. Would there really be 3 tracks that have the words rebellion and/or revolution in them?

I don't believe this leaked song shit at all. If it were true, it would be getting DM'd to all of us by at least one of the many people who claim to have it. There's also so many places to leak this new song if you don't want to do it on GDC. Unless this supposed leak people have pops up somewhere within the next 24 hours, it's absolutely just people bullshitting

A lot have had it for over a year, I don’t think it’ll leak just due to conversation popping up. Not any more chance as it has had over the past year at least. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

A lot have had it for over a year, I don’t think it’ll leak just due to conversation popping up. Not any more chance as it has had over the past year at least. 

Well what was stopping it from being leaked more broadly when it first leaked? I honestly just don't believe you. I don't believe that a track leaked this early before the album it supposedly is/was supposed to be on, a large enough group of people found the leak somewhere privately and nobody decided to leak it or talk about it anywhere more public i.e. GDC, youtube, the green day subreddit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well what was stopping it from being leaked more broadly when it first leaked? I honestly just don't believe you. I don't believe that a track leaked this early before the album it supposedly is/was supposed to be on, a large enough group of people found the leak somewhere privately and nobody decided to leak it or talk about it anywhere more public i.e. GDC, youtube, the green day subreddit

Three reasons: there’s elitism, people are protective of their sources and the fandom is practically dead so there’s less need to talk about it on social media

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't believe this leaked song shit at all. If it were true, it would be getting DM'd to all of us by at least one of the many people who claim to have it. There's also so many places to leak this new song if you don't want to do it on GDC. Unless this supposed leak people have pops up somewhere within the next 24 hours, it's absolutely just people bullshitting

Believe what you want. Though it sounds more like lashing out because it hasn't been shared with you. I'm absolutely not sending anything to anyone that the band doesn't want me to. Admittedly I shouldn't have it myself but I'm fortunate enough to. I get that it sucks not being able to hear a song knowing some people can. No one wants to get in shit, and we are trying to respect our fave band (as much as we can in this situation). As for your "next 24 hours" comment, while I only got it fairly recently it's apparently been out there for quite a while, so your statement has no leg to stand on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Warner legal came down hard. The band don’t want it out there publicly and the fans respect that.

• Haha 2

I mean kudos to everyone part of the inner circle for being able to keep everything under wraps I guess

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

A clip of it was briefly leaked (up for most of a day) in the discord, it somehow just never made it here. 

9 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Believe what you want. Though it sounds more like lashing out because it hasn't been shared with you. I'm absolutely not sending anything to anyone that the band doesn't want me to. Admittedly I shouldn't have it myself but I'm fortunate enough to. I get that it sucks not being able to hear a song knowing some people can. No one wants to get in shit, and we are trying to respect our fave band (as much as we can in this situation). As for your "next 24 hours" comment, while I only got it fairly recently it's apparently been out there for quite a while, so your statement has no leg to stand on.

Trust me. It's not me lashing out because I don't get to hear it lol

What it actually is, is GDC believing every supposed insider claiming that a new single/album or new info is coming any day now for basically the last year, at least. And I've been consistent in saying "Hey guys, stop believing every little thing that claims to be insider knowledge". Maybe this leak is legit. The fact that many people seem to be saying they've heard it gives it more credibility than basically anything else we've heard in this thread. But unless it actually does get leaked now that there's actual discussion happening about it, I honestly don't even care. Music will probably come when the band decides they're ready to announce it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I mean kudos to everyone part of the inner circle for being able to keep everything under wraps I guess

The fandom is loyal for better and for worse. Over the years there’ve been things that somehow ended up getting scraped from the internet/stayed under the wraps, because ppl won’t go against the band’s will. Wish I kept receipts because now I’d sound senile

• Like 1

Okay, I've got a ton of thumbnails ready to go, ranging from mysterious to insanity clickbait.  Haha

"Born, Raised and then BREAKING UP???" 

Haha

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Trust me. It's not me lashing out because I don't get to hear it lol

What it actually is, is GDC believing every supposed insider claiming that a new single/album or new info is coming any day now for basically the last year, at least. And I've been consistent in saying "Hey guys, stop believing every little thing that claims to be insider knowledge". Maybe this leak is legit. The fact that many people seem to be saying they've heard it gives it more credibility than basically anything else we've heard in this thread. But unless it actually does get leaked now that there's actual discussion happening about it, I honestly don't even care. Music will probably come when the band decides they're ready to announce it.

Yeah but you said "unless this happens in the next 24 hours it is absolutely people bullshitting". 

No, no it isn't. And you can't make absolute statements like that, especially based on a scenario and outcome you made up yourself. You can say you don't believe it, but that's where it ends. 

Otherwise I agree with everything you said in that last reply. 

• Like 1

My phone is at 72 percent and...ah dang.  the temperature is off.   it's 77.  F!@#!

25 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The fandom is loyal for better and for worse. Over the years there’ve been things that somehow ended up getting scraped from the internet/stayed under the wraps, because ppl won’t go against the band’s will. Wish I kept receipts because now I’d sound senile

Like Billie cruising down the strip with a couple of young ladies? 😉

• Like 2

Seems like a ton of people here have heard it. All aren’t in the inner circle. Did Green Day’s legal team contact all of you?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Seems like a ton of people here have heard it. All aren’t in the inner circle. Did Green Day’s legal team contact all of you?

You may notice none of us have shared it to fansites or social media

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Like Billie cruising down the strip with a couple of young ladies? 😉

Yeah or that one time in like 2014 when certain someone’s ex-sugarbaby posted receipts, old demos that were circulating etc... We just seem to know when to shut up and when we don’t we’re reminded :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You may notice none of us have shared it to fansites or social media

Well someone had to leak it first 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well then why doesn’t something leak into my PMs

That sounds like a horrificly cringe Billie Joe lyric.   Is this a lyrics from Savior?

These songs leaked into your DMs /

I tried so hard to save them / 

they say that I can't sing now 

and that Green Day have sabatoaged themselves? 

Where have i been walking

who have I been stalking 

are they stalkin me! 

can't all agree

two dollar bill is dead not free

ooooooooooh love! 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes confirmed it is a demo

Because no one wants Warner legal on their ass

They’ll get all Blackhawk on their ass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Also like... Green Day isn’t gonna sue a teenager from like Lithuania for sending an MP3 to people. That would be worse than Lars Ulrich vs. The World

But a GDCer said Warner would come down hard on them. That GDCer is very important and their life is so interesting.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic