1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's all Britt fault

23 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

It's literally not Britt's fault at all. There was absolutely zero reason to bring up Britt posting transphobic bullshit in this thread. It has absolutely nothing to do with the new GD album at all.

It was a joke. :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

If I don't have a new Green Day album to listen to this summer while I walk along the lake shore, I am going to be pissed.

What will you be drinking? 

• Like 1

Lots of vague statements from The Insiders.

Western culture includes Europe btw. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jengd said:

Not if you live in Scotland it doesn't!  😂 😭

Scotland is a beautiful country. The greenery of the countryside and the mountain views are breathtaking. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are we starting another debate over when Summer ends?  🤪

Or better still "When September Ends". Maybe an omen for the album release in October.

4 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I submit a motion to rename the topic: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here

All in favor vote yea, all opposed vote nay.

Whatever we strive for we should always have hope, through faith, which leads to love. And right now I'd love to have a new GD record in my hands. 

• Like 3

Last night I was watching some late Green Day performances and this one caught my attention. On hitchin a ride Billie said something like “it’s gonna be a long time until next summer”. Could it be? Why specifically THIS summer? If it was a show in New Jersey the most probably we would know by now 👀

33:26 minute is when he mentioned that btw. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just stumble upon a comment from Mike's wife about trans issues on instagram.... is she dumb? I wonder if this affect their friendship or the album project. I hope Mike don't take her wife side on this subject. Because Green Day wouldn't agree with this shit.

Seriously Britt, shut the fuck up.

It's stunning...she commented that it has caused some issues on the homefront and cost her friendships and relationships.  

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree with Green Day Inc. Our favorite band is missing in action. Time to call out the FBI? Milk cartons?  A delay is understandable if they would at least talk to us.

If your previous views, that Billie Joe may have vocal cord issues,  is true, it's very personal and I'm sure worrying and distressing. Not something you want to share. Similar to Tre's previous recurring  knee problem. Your hoping it's not long term, and you will recover. Then when your ready move forward. 

If it is true, we're all with you in spirit Billie Joe. Love yer. x

Hi if you've been reading the past few pages like I have and feel overwhelmed or any other negative emotions walk away from your computer, take a deep breath and drink plenty of water and do whatever else you do to take care of yourself

to stay on topic. Well, the other night I dreamt about my dad giving my co-worker a suplex, but more importantly that the first single from 1972 came out and it was the one from the wedding invite leak 'Regretfully Yours'. My dreams have predicted things before (like me dreaming about a friend I haven't thought about in years and later that day I saw she got married on FB.) So take that as you will.

(also don't worry about my co-worker, it would be scientifically impossible for that to happen.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree with Green Day Inc. Our favorite band is missing in action. Time to call out the FBI? Milk cartons?  A delay is understandable if they would at least talk to us.

Ringin, ringin, ringing up the president. and find out where our band went.  Ringing, ringing, ringing up the FBI.   To find out if our band's alive!

They went away for a holiday

They took our band

They took our band away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

Last night I was watching some late Green Day performances and this one caught my attention. On hitchin a ride Billie said something like “it’s gonna be a long time until next summer”. Could it be? Why specifically THIS summer? If it was a show in New Jersey the most probably we would know by now 👀

33:26 minute is when he mentioned that btw. 

He didn't say that at 33:26. Did you timestamp it wrong?

I've waited many years for other bands to release music, this wait isn't a huge deal compared to some of them. I'm happy Green Day releases music as frequently as they do, they could easily do so at a much slower pace than they have been. I'm excited for whatever comes next and certainly it can't be too far away,  though admittedly I'd like more updates from the band! 

• Like 4

What if Green Day did a 1972 project with an album of new originals and a 2nd disc of 1972 covers.  What songs would they pick from these?  Just browsed around and found these...

Join Together - The Who 

Ziggy Stardust-David Bowie (they teased this live) or Moonage Daydream, Suffragette City 

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

Heart of Gold - Neil Young

Victoria - The Kinks

Wild Child - Lou Reed

Supernaut - Black Sabbath

Rocks Off - The Rolling Stones

Rocket Man - Elton John

Lean On Me - Bill Withers

Witchy Woman - The Eagles

School's Out - Alice Cooper

All the Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople

Superstition - Stevie Wonder

I'm Just a Singer In a Rock n' Roll Band - The Moody Blues

Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan

Metal Guru - T. Rex

Edited by WilliamWes
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 4:03 AM, Clockwise said:

There is no debate. Trans Rights are Human Rights. And if you don't agree with that, I have nothing to say to you.

Nobody said they wasn't.

People with any common sense & care towards children, know that giving children, hormone treatment, at a young age is dangerous & wrong. It's really not that hard to grasp this, unless you're really weird. 

Let children, be children. Every kid at some point in their life thinks about putting on the opposite sex's clothes, it doesn't mean we have to get all melodramatic & start asking them if they believe they're in the wrong body. Use your brains guys, this isn't about being trans-phobic, at all. Everybody deserves love & equal rights, that's a human right. However, getting children, yes, children, the choice / chance to alter their bodies, is down right disturbing.

Edited by Hermione
User was suspended for this post
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well...again...this isn't fucking happening, so your entire premise is complete and utter bullshit. Thanks though. 

People like him like to ignore facts, like the fact that a mod has asked us twice to stop talking about this because it has nothing to do with this thread

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well...again...this isn't fucking happening, so your entire premise is complete and utter bullshit. Thanks though. 

19 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

People like him like to ignore facts, like the fact that a mod has asked us twice to stop talking about this because it has nothing to do with this thread

Well the facts are that you can give children puberty blockers to treat gender dysphoria and the facts are that the effects are non reversible. Unless you’ve been living under a rock I don’t see why the fuck we’re even having a debate on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Blink 182 has new music coming next week it looks like and that will come with an album release date announcement I’m sure. So that’ll be another one to the pile of bands we probably didn’t except to release something before Green Day did. 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic