1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

38 minutes ago, Alf said:

If Tre's broken drumsticks post was from a rehearsal, then something is really on the way, because they wouldn't be together practicing the setlist 3 months prior to the next show.

So at least some kind of change on the Hella Mega greatest hits is coming.

Maybe they will give KYE a little rest and substitute that with something else from 21stcb🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, sondretho said:

EJN is so fun live and the opener is awesome. Would love to relive the 21stcb tour again 👌

How about ¡Viva La Gloria! or Last of the American Girls?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Three of their most recent tik toks  referenced  fire or burning maybe they're new album or a single is going to have a fire name 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Would love to see those songs live. Don’t forget to add restless heart syndrome and peacemaker to that list

9 minutes ago, Rawhide22 said:

Three of their most recent tik toks  referenced  fire or burning maybe they're new album or a single is going to have a fire name 🤷‍♀️

I'm calling it, first single is called "Big Burny Hot Hot Hot (Owie It's Cooking Me Alive)" 

• Haha 3

Maybe we should all try to be optimistic for a change and then something might actually happen this week 🙃

Maybe they should set fire to a copy of FOAM as promo for this record, similar to the Rev Rad TV smash

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Maybe we should all try to be optimistic for a change and then something might actually happen this week 🙃

Maybe they should set fire to a copy of FOAM as promo for this record, similar to the Rev Rad TV smash

They could dress up as those unicorns then burn anything foam related stuff🤣

5 hours ago, Alf said:

If Tre's broken drumsticks post was from a rehearsal, then something is really on the way, because they wouldn't be together practicing the setlist 3 months prior to the next show.

So at least some kind of change on the Hella Mega greatest hits is coming.

The plot twist is they’ve decided to record even more music and the broken sticks are from that

• Haha 2

I'll be fine if they are just 10 songs, 2 minutes length each but the quality better be good.

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No I’m sorry. After over a year in the studio I expect more than 20 minutes of music. That would suck.

I know but from them we can expect anything. We can expect a 26 minute length album or a side project 60 minutes album and don't give a sh*t about gd. 

Imagine another timeline where we get FOAM in 2009 after American Idiot instead of 21sCB.

Green Day would be a dead band. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

I'll be fine if they are just 10 songs, 2 minutes length each but the quality better be good.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No I’m sorry. After over a year in the studio I expect more than 20 minutes of music. That would suck.

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

I know but from them we can expect anything. We can expect a 26 minute length album or a side project 60 minutes album and don't give a sh*t about gd. 

Or, for all we know, we could be in for a double album, or a Trilogy done right

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Network proved to me that FOAM could have been improved with more tracks.  At first I thought it was just that several of the songs were underwritten or subpar, but I think they also left several better tracks off the album. The first half of the album is pretty weak, all of the stronger tracks are in the second half and just when you start enjoying it, it ends. If they had added Art of the Deal…, Degenerate and Cancer is the New Black? You’d have a very good album.

I'm of the unpopular opinion that there's shockingly little worth listening to from MM2020 Pt II. Like, of the 25 tracks on the album, there's only 7 tracks that I have saved onto my spotify's "Liked songs" and my bar for saving a song, especially a GD song, to my liked songs is not high at all. Even FOAMF, I have all songs except Teenage Teenager saved even though I only really ever listen to half the album

There are songs on there that could've been put on FOAMF but
1) Instead of adding them to FOAMF, imo it would've been better for those better tracks to replace the weaker tracks on the album, resulting in a better quality but still just as short album.
2) It's very possible that the band wouldn't have included the better songs from this project on FOAMF if they were to add more songs. For all we know, they could've added one of the many filler songs on the album, maybe change them a little to have them sound a bit more GD but still undoubtably a filler track. Or, they could've added additional songs that weren't released on MM2020 Pt II, like Here Comes The Shock, which is almost unanimously considered mediocre at best

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Both!   And I have to share a hot take on Breakdown songs since we are talking about them....East Jesus Nowhere is almost Haushinka levels of bad.  I mean, for music in general still pretty great.  But for Green Day?  Barf.

:)

so....now 1972 today?

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic