BBC Sessions double LP coming December 10

pacejunkie punk

iTunes has a digital pre-order. 16 tracks. I think I've heard most of these on YouTube but the quality is so much better.

• Thanks 1

Well they do often release something this time of year for holiday season gift giving so makes sense. This is going to be a great collection and the release of a song a week will be fun. Fun Fridays is the new New Fun Mondays 🙂

• Like 4

No doubt I'll end up buying it for "completion of collection" purposes but I need more Green Day stuff like I need a hole in the head :lol: (I don't know if you have that expression in the US?) 

• Like 4

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

No doubt I'll end up buying it for "completion of collection" purposes but I need more Green Day stuff like I need a hole in the head :lol: (I don't know if you have that expression in the US? 

Yes we do 🙂

• Like 2

The official Green Day store are selling a special limited pink and blue vinyl set:

https://store.greenday.com/the-bbc-sessions-limited-edition-pink-and-blue-vinyl-2lp.html?ref=direct&eml=2021October21%2F5498259%2F6134461&etsubid=3742303

Can we talk about the cover art too? I love the period image, colors and retro style. Much better than the odd Viveros art of the Oakland Coffee versions that used current images of the band.  

• Like 4

I was just about to go to bed till I seen the instagram post, now this is exciting! I also really like the cover art 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

No doubt I'll end up buying it for "completion of collection" purposes but I need more Green Day stuff like I need a hole in the head :lol: (I don't know if you have that expression in the US?) 

They do but they take it a bit more literal

• Haha 2

Yeah a CD version!  Just in time for Christmas, I hope anyway, can see it on Amazon but not yet live to order, only date of release is 2021.  Will have spent half of this year waiting for GD stuff!

• Like 2

what a nice surprise!

the tracklist reads like "international superhits" lp, but thats ok, cant wait to listen to the songs!

• Like 1

The tracklist doesn't have One of My Lies or Scattered from 98 and an extra song from 01 (let's see if they dont cut up Minority)

Lovely ❤️ Preordered the pink and blue vinyl right away, nice packaging as well. 

• Like 3

Great news !! The collection is getting bigger :D
This version sound fucking awesome

• Like 3

Saw this first thing when I woke up this morning and it made me happy in spite of a ton of shit I am dealing with right now. Came here to post about it and of course a thread was already going LOL. Can't wait to listen to this! I guess @Virginia Lot Lizard's spidey senses were accurate. 🤣

Always same songs... We have lot ov live versions of 2000 light years away, she, geek stink breath, etc from the 90ties, but any of other songs from that era like Road to acceptance, at the library, words i might have ate or razorbacks

• Like 2

Someone have the tracklist please?
At the begining when his voice is cracking during ''I've beeeeen up all damn night long 😍

• Like 1

Not the live album I was expecting them to release after Hella Mega but I'll take anything they give us! Looks awesome!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

iTunes has a digital pre-order. 16 tracks. I think I've heard most of these on YouTube but the quality is so much better.

Yep, just listened to both and there's a noticeable improvement. Honestly, even non Green Day fans will have to admit the 1994 session is one of the best sounding BBC sessions (and there are A LOT). Unfortunately, CD and Vinyl already appear to be out of stock (at least on Amazon)... 

• Like 1