"Pollyanna" - NEW SONG

Sanity Loan

I need "Hold the truth and leave the rest as not for real" on a t-shirt :banana:

• Like 4

Billie is threatening me to not let him down. I can't do this, I know I will let him and many people down. Why couldn't he just have sung to "I don't care if you let me down, everything's gonna be alright"? This is such an obligation. OK human, I'll try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love it love it love it!!! 
Gave me thrills and the art work made me hungry 😂😂 

Loved the fact that it’s super optimistic and full of meaning :) 

I also made an Instagram filter with the art work but without the BRATWURST ahahah so you can make your own art work with different dishes, or just use it as you like: https://bit.ly/3vdqOQM 

• Like 1

For the guitarists on GDA.   There's a few version out there, but this one sounds best for my guitar and I.   While I'm playing this on acoustic, I can't help but think this would have been a better song if it were acoustic.     Hmmm.    Time to pull out the electric guitars and see what's up.   

https://guitartwitt.com/green-day-pollyanna-chords/

• Like 1

I agree with everyone saying it's kind of bland and samey. After my first listen I had forgotten what it sounded like and there really weren't any melodies that stuck with me. There is no signature "Green Day punch" to this song. Meh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

I agree with everyone saying it's kind of bland and samey. After my first listen I had forgotten what it sounded like and there really weren't any melodies that stuck with me. There is no signature "Green Day punch" to this song. Meh.

its a grower you need to listen the song more, its a great song!

• Like 4

Am I a bad fan then? I've only listened to it once so far. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't mind it the first time, then I hated it but now it has grown on me some. I think the song itself is pretty good, but not crazy about the vocal. Kinda like a generic version of the long shot, but it's a decent listen every now and then

• Like 2

Warming up to the verses but the chorus is just so flat and bland.

Perhaps there will be a gnarley song to balance things out.

Don't wanna be a pollyanna idiot.

I'm just the son of rage

Losing everyone around me

I'm suffocating instead of still breathing and it wasn't Jimmy who pulled the trigger / it was me

Nobody likes you / or me and we're all nimrods

From the middle east to the moon and back

There's no hope / and no slack

Vanny and Tunny said all is lost for now / but their inside their own coffins and the universe is burning and lost.

Kerplow!

You're either dead or dying / nothing left to try or believe and /

Light you f-ing money and positions on fire / then put yourself on the funeral pyre.

Yes.  Dark Green Day sounds good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:22 AM, Thatsername said:

I need "Hold the truth and leave the rest as not for real" on a t-shirt :banana:

Definitely one of the most profound lines in the song and the message this world needs right now. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

All right, after listening to the song a whopping two times, I can say I like it, but it's nothing amazing. As others have said, it's kind of bland and generic, but it's pretty catchy and miles better than HCTS. out of the two songs, this is the one I want to hear again. And as cliche as the overall message is, I really love it. Coming out of a pandemic and with everyone struggling, it's an uplifting message we need to hear right now. Listening to it makes my heart feel warm ^_^ I just love how positive and upbeat it is. I think it'll grow on me over time. And while it's nothing phenomenal - it doesn't hit me like any of their other songs - it made me happy. Not only is it positive, it felt like a much needed gift from the boys. 

And for the small group of friends who have been keeping count, yes the song premiered when I was hanging out with my bf :lol: He's a keeper. Confirmed. 

Since both singles have the same GREEN DAY logo, I hope we get a new album soon!

• Like 4

Pretty good track. After a few spins I get a bit of a throwback "Poprocks and Coke" vibe. Catchy, optimistic and fun song...

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 2:53 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Am I a bad fan then? I've only listened to it once so far. 😅

Don't worry, you aren't a fan at all. You're just here for The Network. Haha

I just got my 2nd covid vaccine shot and blasted this song in my car on the drive home :D 

• Like 1