The Network - Trans AM EP

Little Boy Named Booze

I finally listened to the EP. I like it! I think the best songs are Ivankkka is a Nazi and Fentanyl. Fentanyl just has this cool 80s synthy vibe that I'm a sucker for. Trans AM is good too, just sounds like standard Network, but still lots of fun. Can't wait to hear the album! The Network has always been my favorite Green Day side project because how freaking weird and out there it is. 

• Like 2

I just listened to it and I don't know what to think about it. Part of me is disappointed that we don't have an album, but also because I don't know if I really like the songs, I mean they literally had 17 years to do it. And another part of me is liking the songs but idk, there is something that makes me not able to fully enjoy

I'm going to need several plays !

• Like 1

Anyone know the best place to purchase 320kbps MP3s of the EP now that Google Music has shutdown? 

Edited by A Worry Rock

5 minutes ago, A Worry Rock said:

Anyone know the best place to purchase 320kbps MP3s of the EP now that Google Music has shutdown? 

Amazon ? 

15 hours ago, Todd said:

I don’t understand what a lot of you are hearing in Fentanyl that makes it so great. It’s the weakest song on here in my opinion. Flat Earth is my favorite so far, the lyrics are really clever. Still not digging the lengthy intro on Ivankkka, and Trans Am is a formula Network song, but I don’t mean that in a bad way. I’m gonna try to refrain from listening to these again until the whole album is released. 

It’s honestly not the lyrics, it’s just the vibe. idk I’m really digging it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nohamxx said:

I just listened to it and I don't know what to think about it. Part of me is disappointed that we don't have an album, but also because I don't know if I really like the songs, I mean they literally had 17 years to do it. And another part of me is liking the songs but idk, there is something that makes me not able to fully enjoy

I'm going to need several plays !

Let’s be thankful for what we have gotten rather than focusing on what we didn’t .

• Like 3

Fentanyl has been stuck in my head for awhile now and my brain keeps going back and forth between the intro of that and Rock Lobster. And someone needs to figure out the chorus because I keep thinking he's singing about cashews.

• Haha 2

Oh maaaaaan! I need to listen to this! I'm so fucking excited! I don't have time tonight, but tomorrow I will!

tenor.gif?itemid=5619807

• Like 2

Flat Earth is right up there with Fentanyl for me.

Mental, batshit, exactly what I want from the Network!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fentanyl is my favorite, because it has that 80's vibe. Ivankkka ans Trans Am are also very cool songs, especially with videos! I am not sure what The Snoo was thinking about all that Flat Earth thing though, it is obvious that The Earth is a straight line. Looking forward to the new album!

• Like 1

Anybody extracted the lyrics of Fentanyl yet? Is the chorus "Pressure... Pressure"?

I can't make out almost any word Fink sings lol. But I'm interested in the lyrics because of course it's named Fentanyl.

Also Ivankkka is still the best song.

Not bad.. better than FOAMF anyway :)

Ivankkka Is a Nazi is my fave on first listen.. reminds me of Mindless Self Indulgence

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Not bad.. better than FOAMF anyway :)

Ivankkka Is a Nazi is my fave on first listen.. reminds me of Mindless Self Indulgence

Do you like your coffee black just like your metal? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On a first listen, i really liked the EP, but I think Trans AM and Flat Earth fall a little short in comparison with Fentanyl and Ivankkka is a Nazi, which are the clear standouts, but I'm probably gonna enjoy them more in the context of the album.

I especially loved Fentanyl, it gives me huge early Billy Idol vibes, and it's the moody 80's dark wave song I always dreamed Billie would write, and he pulls it off so well!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I like that they waited closer to the release date to announce the album.

Take note all you scumbags on a mission to leave me in a state of headaches and anxtiety advancing my frustration.  And shock. 

Cough. Cough. Weezer.  Cough.  Cough. 

• Like 1

So after multiple listens my chart is:

1) Ivankkka: what a track, still totally in love with it, from the electro intro to the Ramonesish core, this is like everything I want from them in one song;

2) Fentanyl: Great song, just want to read the lyrics cause I can’t get half of them 😅 Gives me an amazing Trainspotting vibe, love it;

3) Trans Am and Flat Earth: a little notch below the other two, but still very fun and enjoyable, the first one is a the Network classic in a good way, totally digging the lyrics of the second one, and love to hear these two morons singing 🥰

Overall I am craving the full album and a vinyl copy of it so fucking much. December 4 can’t come soon enough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I have no idea why the press release and other sites have "Fentanyl" listed as "Asphyxia." Maybe it was the original name?

Edit: Rolling Stone's tracklisting at the bottom: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-network-trans-am-green-day-1093147/

It's the same in the press release too. 🤷‍♀️ but all the streaming sites have it as "Fentanyl."

• Confused 1

Thankfully there aren’t that many lyrics to Fentanyl but my first go is:

How sweet it is to get hate from you x2

Touch no-one they’re the enemy x 3

(Big bit I can make nothing of)

Bless you / press you / pressure ? X 3

How sweet it is to get lights from you x 2

In my eyes you’re the enemy x 3

Turn/torture your lights down..........never sure

Bless you / press you / pressure  x 3 x 2

5 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I have no idea why the press release and other sites have "Fentanyl" listed as "Asphyxia." Maybe it was the original name?

Edit: Rolling Stone's tracklisting at the bottom: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-network-trans-am-green-day-1093147/

It's the same in the press release too. 🤷‍♀️ but all the streaming sites have it as "Fentanyl."

Ah, would that make more sense if it was pressure he was saying?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

Thankfully there aren’t that many lyrics to Fentanyl but my first go is:

How sweet it is to get hate from you x2

I thought it was high, not hate.

And bless you/press you/pressure all make more sense than cashew. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Montclare said:

I thought it was high, not hate.

And bless you/press you/pressure all make more sense than cashew. :lol:

I thought it was ache or 8 to begin with 😂.  That Fink, his diction’s not very clear, not like that guy in Green Day 😂😂

• Like 1