The Network is back!

Little Boy Named Booze

26 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Popper Punk still sucks ass. It's garbage. 

omg thank you.
Everytime I'm going into this thread to read a new message I'm like

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Popper Punk is better than THTGY.

THTGY still sucks ass. It's garbage. 

Fixed :P

• Haha 3

I'm used to hearing Popper Punk after Hey Elon. I had my phone on alphabetical today, and was disappointed when it didn't come on.

13 minutes ago, Laly said:

I haven't listened to the whole record lately, but Amyl Nitrite -as I like to call it- is one I can't let pass when it's on random mode.

Btw, there is this one thing I hate about The Network, and it's that they appear out of nowhere but disappear again too soon... if it's part of the game I DON'T CARE, I want more videos and a new press conference! 😭

a new press conference would be hilarious

On 1/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, Squashie said:

I had the network on Spotify shuffle that afternoon while begrudgingly art searching for a huge project and it kept playing Ivankkka every 2nd song. 

popper punk, roshambo, ivankkka

fentanyl, spike, IvAnKkKA

CUNT, CITNB, iVaNkKkA

it wouldn’t STAHHHP! *pulls hair out 

I think Spotify may be trying to tell us something. 🤣

11 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I think Spotify may be trying to tell us something. 🤣

I was not amused.

I don't mind Ivankkka, but it's not my favorite - and probably not the best song to play in my workspace even with the limited number of people here (two of us most days and well distanced by walls and doors). I'm near the printers...

• Haha 1

Just now, Squashie said:

I was not amused.

I don't mind Ivankkka, but it's not my favorite - and probably not the best song to play in my workspace even with the limited number of people here (two of us most days and well distanced by walls and doors). I'm near the printers...

Ear buds are you friend (seriously, I have been looping Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady" at work for the past two days and I am the only one who knows it LOL). 

And I will be looping Ivankkka on Inauguration Day....

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

Popper Punk is the surprise cult hit of the album, I love it

Now that I have discovered Amyl and the Sniffers I think of this song when I hear them.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Ear buds are you friend (seriously, I have been looping Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady" at work for the past two days and I am the only one who knows it LOL). 

The things that I have played at work :lol: It's usually low enough where no one will hear and I try to skip all questionable songs, but sometimes I notice a little too late when NIN "Closer" is playing and I'm like oh....shouldn't be playing this at work :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

The things that I have played at work :lol: It's usually low enough where no one will hear and I try to skip all questionable songs, but sometimes I notice a little too late when NIN "Closer" is playing and I'm like oh....shouldn't be playing this at work :blink:

Apparently I now need to go listen to that song!

Just now, BillieMyLove said:

Apparently I now need to go listen to that song!

You've never heard it? Watch the video. Trust me. And buckle up...you're in for a ride. Also, PEAK Reznor hotness :shifty:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

You've never heard it? Watch the video. Trust me. And buckle up...you're in for a ride. Also, PEAK Reznor hotness :shifty:

OK will do. 🤣

45 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

In normal times, yes. but out of the 18 people I work with daily, only 2 of us are in the office so headphones aren't needed - and I actually prefer to not wear them.

I also work at state university so... yeah.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Closer is so amazing.
I really like this song. Already been 27 years since the release of the song!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

In normal times, yes. but out of the 18 people I work with daily, only 2 of us are in the office so headphones aren't needed - and I actually prefer to not wear them.

I also work at state university so... yeah.

Yay, another higher ed worker! I work at both a state university and a private college.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Closer is so amazing.
I really like this song. Already been 27 years since the release of the song!

It is! It's one of those songs that's sexy but not all at once. On the surface, of course it's sexy. Just listen to what he's saying and that sick ass bass groove! But dig deeper into the song and it's actually pretty disturbing. It's about using sex as a vehicle to get away from yourself and portraying all these negative things you feel about yourself onto this other person.

Fun fact: Me and Closer share a birthday :D

And to keep this on topic....

Network shirts this week (hopefully)! I got the Lushotology one! The logo is just too cool to pass up.

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Be warned it is very NSFW :lol: 

Just the way I like it. 🤣 But seriously, I just listened to it and I agree with how deep it is like you said above. 

THTGY is my least favorite song on the album. Popper Punk is a million times better and no one can convince me otherwise. That aw-aw-aw-awoh can't be topped. I melt every time Fink sings it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, The Grohl said:

It is! It's one of those songs that's sexy but not all at once. On the surface, of course it's sexy. Just listen to what he's saying and that sick ass bass groove! But dig deeper into the song and it's actually pretty disturbing. It's about using sex as a vehicle to get away from yourself and portraying all these negative things you feel about yourself onto this other person.

Fun fact: Me and Closer share a birthday :D

And to keep this on topic....

Network shirts this week (hopefully)! I got the Lushotology one! The logo is just too cool to pass up.

aaaahhhh closer I used to play closer and red zebra can't live in a living room together so often that it's only one song for me 

• Love 1