Green Day vs. Third Eye Blind

ColinOr

Never heard this story either.

I don't even know who is 3rd Eye Blind. 

50 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Never heard this story either.

Step back from the ledge my friend. (Look it up)

This story has cycled around before. 

Memories 😄 I’m from the Bay Area, I remember this being talked about for days on local radio as a two sides of Bay feud.

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

...MAN...i wish i didnt know who they are. youre lucky.

ive LOATHED them since they soiled my speakers with the feces they pass off as music. the mike incident just cemented my disdain.

What is this? Never mind just watched the video. Also, Third Eye Blind sucks.

And also just an aside: Mike is probably actually the craziest member of Green Day.

Oh, I remember this story. Pretty crazy stuff.

Green Day and Third Eye Blind should make an album together.   

This is my go-to answer for all of life's problems.   

Not sure what this super group should be called.......   Third Green Eyes?   

Green Eyes is nice and simple.     Back in the 90s, I was getting into EVERY musician that was popular.   and Third Eye Blind were a band that I ran out and bought all their albums.    But after listening to said albums, I lost interest in this band.   They have moments of greatness to this day, and they are talented.   I just don't enjoy their particular brand of music.    Too spacey for my taste. 

Hmmm.    Now that Billie's gone solo, I'm thinking of supergroup's that would be great.   

Billie Joe 

Flea

Daron Malkian 

Travis Barker

Eh, Green Day won the battle... what have Third Eye Blind done in the last 22 years

Screamer is a better album than FOAM, easily, but I think aside from that GD's got 'em beat. Never heard of any of this though, neat!

I don’t understand the point of the feud. That’s as if I, a Green Day fan, threw a bottle on stage during, I don’t know, hypothetically speaking, Fall Out Boy and it would get presented as FOB/GD feud.

I know it started with Mike pushing away the TEB guy, but still, the “drama” was about some random asshole in the audience.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t understand the point of the feud. That’s as if I, a Green Day fan, threw a bottle on stage during, I don’t know, hypothetically speaking, Fall Out Boy and it would get presented as FOB/GD feud.

I know it started with Mike pushing away the TEB guy, but still, the “drama” was about some random asshole in the audience.

But you would like to throw a bottle on a member of FOB don't you?

I always thought it was something like Arion Salazar jumped on Mike while he was still playing and Mike shoved him off and it escalated from there but given the passage of time and how often it’s been retold.  This tied in with Arion’s apology too.

26 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But you would like to throw a bottle on a member of FOB don't you?

Not really, I’m not a bottle thrower :P

3 hours ago, Malleus said:

Screamer is a better album than FOAM, easily, but I think aside from that GD's got 'em beat. Never heard of any of this though, neat!

That's an interesting opinion.

I think they may have some songs that are better than Green Day's worst songs, but albums?  Naaaah.

Screamer was heads or tails above their other recent releases, for sure.  It was a lot of fun and I listen to it now and then.

25 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I don't get their band name cause my third eye can see

Third Eye Functional. 

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

That's an interesting opinion.

I think they may have some songs that are better than Green Day's worst songs, but albums?  Naaaah.

Screamer was heads or tails above their other recent releases, for sure.  It was a lot of fun and I listen to it now and then.

I mean, I only think Screamer is better than FOAM, and that's me trying to speak objectively. I know that's kind of a silly thing. I think it's way better than Dopamine, and I actually like FOAM a lot more than I did initially when it came out haha.

3EB is an incredibly strong band. Their self-titled is one of the best records of the 90s, period. I think Blue, Screamer and Ursa Major are killer records, and OoTV and Dopamine have a lot of great tunes between them.

6 minutes ago, Malleus said:

I mean, I only think Screamer is better than FOAM, and that's me trying to speak objectively. I know that's kind of a silly thing. I think it's way better than Dopamine, and I actually like FOAM a lot more than I did initially when it came out haha.

3EB is an incredibly strong band. Their self-titled is one of the best records of the 90s, period. I think Blue, Screamer and Ursa Major are killer records, and OoTV and Dopamine have a lot of great tunes between them.

They are a good band.     

I own copies of Blue and Out of the Vein, and have downloaded the other albums.  Definitely have some fond memories from those records.   I need to revisit Ursa Major, I can't recall any of the songs from that one!    

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They are a good band.     

I own copies of Blue and Out of the Vein, and have downloaded the other albums.  Definitely have some fond memories from those records.   I need to revisit Ursa Major, I can't recall any of the songs from that one!    

Definitely give Ursa Major another listen. Some of my all time favorite 3EB songs are on there.

Archived