Billie to be on iHeart Living Room Concert for America Sunday

Jon Benjamin

Maybe everyone's doing covers? In that case I can see why it'd just be billed as BJA. If he's performing a Green Day song I'm sure he'll be introduced as Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day though (probably even if he isn't).

Edit: Also I think they only really avoid billing him as solo when he's releasing music. When it's just making an appearance/performing a song I doubt it's a concern, happened plenty of times.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

It was Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. I’m really surprised it’s billed with his name only, and it leads me to believe he’ll be performing his I Think We’re Alone Now cover.

That could be it.

Really, I’m just overanalyzing liked the bored fan/advertising student I am haha

Maybe he’ll go electric instead of acoustic since he’ll have band equipment at his disposal. 

I know.. wishful thinking.

59 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Maybe he’ll go electric instead of acoustic since he’ll have band equipment at his disposal. 

I know.. wishful thinking.

Oh yes! His solo electric Good Riddance performances from back in the day give me life!

But man, there's so many great as songs he could play acoustically *starts salivating* though I should set my expectations very low (i.e. only one song, only the cover or WMUWSE). 

Still, there's Christie Road, Whatsername, Words I might Have Ate, Redundant, Give Me Novacaine, Macy's Day Parade, Last Night On Earth, Pulling Teeth etc. 

...and that's just to name the songs he's already played acoustically at some point, not the ones that are theoretically possible!

15 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Oh yes! His solo electric Good Riddance performances from back in the day give me life!

But man, there's so many great as songs he could play acoustically *starts salivating* though I should set my expectations very low (i.e. only one song, only the cover or WMUWSE). 

Still, there's Christie Road, Whatsername, Words I might Have Ate, Redundant, Give Me Novacaine, Macy's Day Parade, Last Night On Earth, Pulling Teeth etc. 

...and that's just to name the songs he's already played acoustically at some point, not the ones that are theoretically possible!

On a nationally televised program that will be watched by millions, there are only 2 possibilities. 1) A song that’s well known. 2) A song that isn’t so well- known but that he currently wants to promote. 

3 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

On a nationally televised program that will be watched by millions, there are only 2 possibilities. 1) A song that’s well known. 2) A song that isn’t so well- known but that he currently wants to promote. 

yeah that's why I think I'm gonna go back to keeping my expectations low again *sniffs* 

Living Room Concert for America, hosted by Elton John, featuring performances by never-was-popular shit, current shit, has-been shit, creepy shit, Billie Joe Armstrong, fake shit, and even more shit!

8 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

Considering it’s Billie, 1 is more likely imo

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Living Room Concert for America, hosted by Elton John, featuring performances by never-was-popular shit, current shit, has-been shit, creepy shit, Billie Joe Armstrong, fake shit, and even more shit!

i thought you were being edgy but then you forgot to call BJA shit 

Just now, Melodramfool said:

Mood: *Harry Potter during hat test*
Please, don't sing Oh Yeah 

Seriously please don’t :cry: I was legit sad about the performances

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Who is the never was popular?

10 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Can't wait to see how Mariah Carey lip syncs from her living room! 

She has a genuinely amazing voice with a five octave vocal range. All pop singers lip sync performances sometimes (often for technical reasons) but she's certainly capable of singing live.

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

She has a genuinely amazing voice with a five octave vocal range. All pop singers lip sync performances sometimes (often for technical reasons) but she's certainly capable of singing live.

To be honest I heard her recently when she didn't lip sync and it was awful. She isn't the singer she was before. 

Not to mention all her diva antics annoy me. She'll probably get into the rock n roll hall of fame before Foo Fighters 😂

21 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

To be honest I heard her recently when she didn't lip sync and it was awful. She isn't the singer she was before. 

Not to mention all her diva antics annoy me. She'll probably get into the rock n roll hall of fame before Foo Fighters 😂

Oh really? I guess her voice could've declined then. I imagine someone who's sung as impressively as she has can still manage to sing a song in her living room though. Annoying or not I wouldn't knock her for her singing, she literally has (or at least had) the greatest vocal range of any female singer in popular music to date.

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh really? I guess her voice could've declined then. I imagine someone who's sung as impressively as she has can still manage to sing a song in her living room though. Annoying or not I wouldn't knock her for her singing, she literally has (or at least had) the greatest vocal range of any female singer in popular music to date.

I saw Heart in a small theater and Ann Wilson at like 60 something was amazing and hit every note. I think she's a great female vocalist that often gets overlooked. 

6 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I saw Heart in a small theater and Ann Wilson at like 60 something was amazing and hit every note. I think she's a great female vocalist that often gets overlooked. 

Well I hope Mariah does sing live now so we can if she's still got it! 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

If his sons are home he has a band :sherlock:

Jakob was in Oakland a few days ago. He was on twitch streaming & playing games and said he was in a quarantine still. 

joey is in LA/Orange County somewhere in quarantine with Cole. 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

If his sons are home he has a band :sherlock:

I so wish for a The Boo Vol 2

2 hours ago, DadBod said:

Jakob was in Oakland a few days ago. He was on twitch streaming & playing games and said he was in a quarantine still. 

joey is in LA/Orange County somewhere in quarantine with Cole. 

I don’t think Joey and Cole are together Joey is with Cade

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

she literally has (or at least had) the greatest vocal range of any female singer in popular music to date.

That is the biggest exaggeration I've ever heard.

7 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

That is the biggest exaggeration I've ever heard.

No it's a fact that she has the greatest vocal range ("greatest vocal range" doesn't mean "the greatest singer", that is subjective). She can sing 5 octaves which is an incredibly rare skill. Axl Rose can also (or again, could at some point). She's the only female singer in popular music known to be able to do that. 

Edit: Check it out, it's pretty cool

Anyway it's just funny to me to see someone who is famous for having one of the most impressive singing voices of all time picked out of the list to be dragged for her singing abilities lol

Archived