Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now cover

AmericanIdiot!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FluffyGD said:

Do you guys see it on Apple Music? I don't see it there but it's on Spotify though.

I just bought it from iTunes.

Still the best cover so far. And when he played it live on JF? There is no difference between one and the other - just Billie Joe Perfection ♥

On 3/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, SatansMinion said:

Holy Beelzebub, that was fucking horrible. Feel bad for his family with all the crack he shoots up.

That's very rude, I'd like to see post a better one.

Also, I think you should take comments like these somewhere else. We're all here to support each other and talk about what we love.

I just heard this play on the radio. Blew my mind because my local station very rarely plays Green Day. But they played Billies cover. 

This cover actually inspired me to cover it myself and use my YouTube account for something other than following music and car channels 😂

hopefully all the others end up streaming or a record together 😛

My local radio station personality that HATES Green Day played this song this morning and had nice things to say about Billie Joe.  Did hell freeze over and I wasn’t told?  :lol:

I watched the Kimmel live performance again last night and I’m blown away by how good this song is. 

36 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I watched the Kimmel live performance again last night and I’m blown away by how good this song is. 

I’ve been playing the whole No Fun Mondays playlist on YouTube over and over these songs sound so good together. 

I’ve never really paid attention to our local adult contemporary station, but I’ve been watching their top songs since ITWAN is doing so well. In the last few days, it’s gone from #41 to #12. Pretty impressive. 

12 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I’ve never really paid attention to our local adult contemporary station, but I’ve been watching their top songs since ITWAN is doing so well. In the last few days, it’s gone from #41 to #12. Pretty impressive. 

I just checked a couple of stations here.  One that played it, the song they played right before was Brainstew/Jaded.  Talk about a weird transition. :lol:

And then 20 minutes later played Oh Yeah. 

Should Billie continue these types of songs for his solo career and then make stranger/more experimental albums with Green Day?  

Or visa versa, with Billie Joe making literally ANY kind of song he wants, while Green Day continue making Green Day albums, each with it's own distinct sound but clearly Green Day.   

Does there have to be a distinction between the two in order for the solo music to matter, or could it sound like Green Day that be okay as well?   

How would Billie going solo effect Green Day?   Would it effect the band at all?  

From Billie Joe Armstrong wikipedia page:   

Solo releases

Look for Love (Single, 1977)

I Think We're Alone Now (Single, 2020)

Dang Billie, what have you been doing for 43 years?   

Also, if a new version of Love for Love was included on Billie's new solo record, that would be awesome.   

On 3/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, RustyShackleford said:

Agreed! A Kids In America recording would be great. One of my favorite moments from the NYE show.

😃 Ahhh yes I'm so glad he did this song!

3 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

😃 Ahhh yes I'm so glad he did this song!

You totally called that one 👏

• 2 weeks later...

do you guys think Green Day will play this song live?

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

do you guys think Green Day will play this song live?

He’d have to get Mike and Tre to acknowledge it first 

Green Day from now on is just BJA wearing this

c4b02d_d3367cf6953b46cdbfcf162c7216da42m

how he does the running and jumping remains unclear

Archived