Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Exactly like me. Nothing is interesting for me in these places.

Well even then some of these places do have some interesting site seeing for example Israel has a lot of great tourist destinations and it makes a great trip if you're into history or religion. However, I disagree with the politics and the war which is a long term quarrel between two religions. While it would be nice to see some world history I don't really find running to the nearest bomb shelter to be a rewarding vacation experience especially with the amount of money it would cost. 

If I'm paying thousands I should be safe and the place I'm in should have some standards for it's tourists and it's people. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have words to express how disappointed I am. I was boarding the flight to Singapore when I got the news. You anticipate this moment for 12 years and then this happens. I had also booked my stuff for Tokyo for which I might even not get refunded. It's not about the money, money can always be earned back but the opportunity.. I hope we get that again. At least hanging out with Larry Livermore in Singapore was a good consolation. Billie sent him the new album but he refused to comment on it haha.

10 minutes ago, Ritz said:

I don't have words to express how disappointed I am. I was boarding the flight to Singapore when I got the news. You anticipate this moment for 12 years and then this happens. I had also booked my stuff for Tokyo for which I might even not get refunded. It's not about the money, money can always be earned back but the opportunity.. I hope we get that again. At least hanging out with Larry Livermore in Singapore was a good consolation. Billie sent him the new album but he refused to comment on it haha.

What new album ? 

21 minutes ago, Ritz said:

What does that mean? Hey @Larry Livermore do you like it? 🙂

26 minutes ago, Ritz said:

Wait, what new album??!!

10 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Wait, what new album??!!

FOAM guys

9 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I feel like this is more similar to the SARS outbreak... coming from someone who lived in Toronto in 2002-2003. 

That's because it is. This novel coronavirus is SARS-CoV-2, or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome corona virus 2. COVID-19 is the disease that can occur from contracting it and what is being tested for in people who display symptoms. It is a zoonotic virus that most likely jumped from bats and/or pangolins to people in Wuhan. A second person has just died in from the disease and that makes two deaths in the US so far as of this posting, both in King County, WA where I'm from.

Awww @Ritz I'm so sorry! :(

SWMRS just postponed their Japan March dates (posted on their insta stories). They are about to, or just finished a series of shows in Europe with Cage the Elephant. 

5 minutes ago, DadBod said:

SWMRS just postponed their Japan March dates (posted on their insta stories). They are about to, or just finished a series of shows in Europe with Cage the Elephant. 

Also the concert in Milan is postponed even if the 2 band haven't say nothing yet 🙄

2 hours ago, Melodramfool said:

Also the concert in Milan is postponed even if the 2 band haven't say nothing yet 🙄

Cage tweeted about it

The end of the world is near!!

Soon some bands will announce world tour show but only those affected by Covid-19 will be able to buy tickets and show up at the gig

On 3/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, Sheenius said:

I feel like this is more similar to the SARS outbreak... coming from someone who lived in Toronto in 2002-2003. 

Its now killed more people than SARS

GD get a mention in this Kerrang article about bands who've cancelled shows because of Coronavirus:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/heres-a-list-of-all-of-the-bands-who-have-cancelled-shows-due-to-coronavirus/

Green-Day-black-white-2020-promo-credit-

HERE ARE ALL THE BANDS WHO HAVE CANCELED SHOWS DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS

A number of bands have had to cancel shows and postpone tours due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The coronavirus is all over the news, and seems to be on everyone’s minds, causing widespread concern and worry as it spreads around the world –- leading to a number of fatalities.

There are actually multiple coronaviruses, including SARS. The newest strain, though, COVID-19 (which stands for the coronavirus disease 2019), is also called the novel coronavirus, and is the one causing the most concern right now.

There have been more than 89,000 cases and over 3,100 deaths worldwide due to the newest coronavirus strain. There have been confirmed cases in over 60 countries, according to the World Health Organization. However, WHO has classified the outbreak as a public health emergency, but not a pandemic.

The coronavirus has had people in a rush to buy hand sanitizer, masks and has raised concerns over travel. These concerns have led to events getting postponed and cancelled, including, yes, shows and tour dates.

A change.org petition to cancel South by Southwest has reached upwards of 32,100 signatures and Twitter and Facebook have pulled their employees out of the event. (As of March 2, SXSW is still going on as planned.)

As both cases of and concern about the coronavirus spread, many bands have cancelled or postponed shows. Here’s a list:

Green Day have postponed their entire Asian tour which was set to take place this month.

14 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Worldwide yes, in Ontario no 

19 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

In absolute figures yes, but the mortality rate is by far lower. Especially outside of China the virus seems to be even less dangerous.

13 hours ago, Flashback said:

In absolute figures yes, but the mortality rate is by far lower. Especially outside of China the virus seems to be even less dangerous.

It hasn't completely spread as yet.  Even though Australia has cases - we expect it to hit in about 5 weeks time.  The supermarkets have put a limit on how much toilet paper you can buy - apparently Aussies see toilet paper more important than food & medications😊

14 hours ago, Flashback said:

The problem is that it has the potential to be extremely widespread. China didnt react at first and it caused to virus to spread rapidly. Plus, many people have very little symptoms and by the time they are diagnosed they have spread the virus. The CDC estimates that up to 70% of people may get it. Most will be treatable, but the very young and elderly it people who have other health issues may be affected

There's an article here from Rolling Stone here "How the coronavirus outbreak could reshape concert season". GD's Asia cancellation is mentioned at the very end:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/coachella-music-festival-coronavirus-961710/

I know here in the UK they are expecting the virus to peak May/June time so that wouldn't be good news for the Hella Mega shows. Obviously only time will tell.

Honestly at this point I'm kinda 50/50 on the US dates even happening. Obviously time will tell, but more and more concerts, movies, festivals, sporting events, etc are being canceled/postponed that this just feels kinda inevitable.

Was really looking forward to my first Green Day show at Bangkok. But the health/travel concerns are real.

There are travel Bans all over the place. I got a mail from my employer, which prohibits me from leaving the country even for personal trips.

So, even though they would have played, I don't think I would have made it to the show. 

I have already lost the money for the non refundable flight tickets. I hope they reschedule the show in future, just don't want to miss the opportunity.

This is sad, cool and funny at the same time:

11 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Honestly at this point I'm kinda 50/50 on the US dates even happening. Obviously time will tell, but more and more concerts, movies, festivals, sporting events, etc are being canceled/postponed that this just feels kinda inevitable.

My saving grace is it means my ticket stupid VIP would be refunded and I can get a pit ticket like I wanted eventually. 

Soooo have people caught onto the fact yet that most of these band cancellations are due to their insurance companies updating their policies to make virus cancellations exempt from coverage? 

Because that's exactly what's happening here. 

1 hour ago, Brutalitops said:

Soooo have people caught onto the fact yet that most of these band cancellations are due to their insurance companies updating their policies to make virus cancellations exempt from coverage? 

Because that's exactly what's happening here. 

On that note...

So to cancel now they don’t incur any expense I guess versus going and then cancelling and they don’t get their money back?

Archived