Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

I am oblivious of the news, but this situation is actually having ripples everywhere.   

I work at Home Depot.   First, it was people rampaging the face mask sections.   We now have NO FACE MASKS OF ANY KIND and if we happen to get a box, it's gone before we can put it on a shelf.  

We ran out of kitchen cabinets and haven't gotten any for over a month.    Just found out it's due to the virus.   

Man, I hope Dexter from The Offspring finds a cure for this soon!  

Damn Offspring, with their 20 year gap between albums.   

Tre Cool will probably find a cure before those guys put out new music.   

Anyway, always sad to hear a cancelled show.     I've been lucky that it's never happened to one I had tickets to.   God Bless 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

What makes it more serious than flu is that there are flu vaccines. Most immunosuppressed people are vaccinated. We don't have a vaccine for coronavirus or even any idea of when one will be developed (and sadly no one cares who they cough on), so there's no way to stop immunosuppressed or asthmatic people catching it.

It's not a big deal for healthy people, but at the same time it is because even if our loved ones aren't immunosuppressed, we come into contact with others who are every day. Like, it doesn't matter if I get it, but it's likely I'll pass it on to my mum who's immunosuppressed, or my fiancee who's on chemo before I realise I have it - but if I caught flu, I could cough all over them and it wouldn't be serious because they're vaccinated. I am sick of hearing about coronavirus, but then it's easy for me to say that when I'm young and healthy.

I've listened an italian doctor who said if you get a "normal" flu, you can get a cold or a bronchitis. If you get pneumonia, from bacteria, you have antibiotics
This corona virus in some cases goes deeper until alveoli 
So I think this is the main difference but I'm not a doctor so I don't wanna say wrong things

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I am oblivious of the news, but this situation is actually having ripples everywhere.   

I work at Home Depot.   First, it was people rampaging the face mask sections.   We now have NO FACE MASKS OF ANY KIND and if we happen to get a box, it's gone before we can put it on a shelf.  

We ran out of kitchen cabinets and haven't gotten any for over a month.    Just found out it's due to the virus.   

Anyway, always sad to hear a cancelled show.     I've been lucky that it's never happened to one I had tickets to.   God Bless 

I used to work at Lowes. My boyfriend still works there and he was telling me last night that the store was wiped out of face masks as well. People are in panic mode. 

43 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

I've listened an italian doctor who said if you get a "normal" flu, you can get a cold or a bronchitis. If you get pneumonia, from bacteria, you have antibiotics
This corona virus in some cases goes deeper until alveoli 
So I think this is the main difference but I'm not a doctor so I don't wanna say wrong things

Yeah, that too. Plus it's so new we don't really understand it or how to treat it yet. Doctors have years of experience with flu.

4 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

What makes it more serious than flu is that there are flu vaccines. Most immunosuppressed people are vaccinated. We don't have a vaccine for coronavirus or even any idea of when one will be developed (and sadly no one cares who they cough on), so there's no way to stop immunosuppressed or asthmatic people catching it.

It's not a big deal for healthy people, but at the same time it is because even if our loved ones aren't immunosuppressed, we come into contact with others who are every day. Like, it doesn't matter if I get it, but it's likely I'll pass it on to my mum who's immunosuppressed, or my fiancee who's on chemo before I realise I have it - but if I caught flu, I could cough all over them and it wouldn't be serious because they're vaccinated. I am sick of hearing about coronavirus, but then it's easy for me to say that when I'm young and healthy.

Both are still a huge threat to someone like me suffering from another major health issue regardless of vaccines. Just recovered from the flu and I was pissing blood cause of it's effect on my other condition. 

I was looking at death toll numbers for both the flu and corona and they seem to be somewhat similar at this point in time. The only difference is Corona is spreading FAST, the vaccine would help slow down the outbreak. 

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

We gotta keep 'em separated 

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Yeah, that too. Plus it's so new we don't really understand it or how to treat it yet. Doctors have years of experience with flu.

The flu mutates constantly and there's years like with H1N1 where doctors are playing catch up 

18 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Theres really no point in speculating when they could reshedule at this point because it will depend on the spread of the virus ie if turns into a pandemic or it eases off in the next month or two and we really just dont know at this point. 

I think the bigger worry with this IF it reaches pandemic levels is the economy and the functioning of general infrastructure. The worst case scenarios being given would have the majority of the population sick so just imaging anything functioning under those circumstances.....though there would still be massive risk of deaths amongst the elderly and immunocompromised. 

16 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

That's true. And more and more information is coming out about this thing. There are many different kinds of coronaviruses , which I believe are all in the SARS family, and this one in particular is can lead to COVID-19, the symptomatic illness that we're seeing. There is a little bit of progress on trying to create a vaccine, but it wouldn't even be useable until the middle of next year. Seems like healthcare professionals are pretty shaken by this and we are not prepared for an outbreak like this.

Due to new information and more research on my part, I have changed my opinion on this. It's a lot more serious than I thought. Just today, we had the first death in the US right here in Washington and our governor declared a state of emergency. My friend's brother works as a nurse at the hospital where the person died and they had to go into lockdown. Luckily, it didn't last too long and hospital staff were able to leave after that.

Panic slowly starting here in the US. I went to get some things at the store, I always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car, not a single bottle on the shelf, and not one bottle of bleach on the store shelves. "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!" -John Cusack-2012

First case in Ireland announced last night.....and we have Paddys Day approaching fast. 

Don’t want to be a party pooper. But the way it’s spreading and there being no vaccine, I think  it’s  just a matter of time before large gatherings are suspended. I’ve got tickets for Huddersfield, it would be my first time to see GD but I’m preparing for the worst  ☹️

Pretty sure we will not talk about this virus by the end of summer. Just like the time it took for the H1N1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Pretty sure we will not talk about this virus by the end of summer. Just like the time it took for the H1N1

Hope so 🤞

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I’m hoping for the same, but this virus is more contagious so it might last longer

28 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

H1N1 was not spreading as widely or as quickly as this. And the fact is you currently have governments and officials who are not making the correct decisions that may prevent the spread of this........Mike Pence seems to think praying is going to stop it in its tracks in the US....I mean come on

3 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

H1N1 was not spreading as widely or as quickly as this. And the fact is you currently have governments and officials who are not making the correct decisions that may prevent the spread of this........Mike Pence seems to think praying is going to stop it in its tracks in the US....I mean come on

I feel like this is more similar to the SARS outbreak... coming from someone who lived in Toronto in 2002-2003. 

20 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I feel like this is more similar to the SARS outbreak... coming from someone who lived in Toronto in 2002-2003. 

The SARS was worst (in Quebec tho).

Seriously I'm not scare AT ALL by the stupid virus. The media are the one who made a big deal out of it to scare us. 

I have a lot of trip planned this year around the globe and I'm gonna go. I don't fucking care.

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The SARS was worst (in Quebec tho).

Seriously I'm not scare AT ALL by the stupid virus. The media are the one who made a big deal out of it to scare us. 

I have a lot of trip planned this year around the globe and I'm gonna go. I don't fucking care.

I will remember this post when you come back saying fuck I got corona 😂

11 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I will remember this post when you come back saying fuck I got corona 😂

Well I don't care and I'm healthy and young. So I'm not gonna die.

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well I don't care and I'm healthy and young. So I'm not gonna die.

The old people you transmit it to are going to die though

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The old people you transmit it to are going to die though

I'm not gonna cancel all my trip "in case". I only have one life. If I'm meant to die then that will be it.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'm not gonna cancel all my trip "in case". I only have one life. If I'm meant to die then that will be it.

Yeah, that’s fair, but how about other people? I’m also not concerned about myself and kind of yolo about it, but I’m not a solipsist.

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, that’s fair, but how about other people? I’m also not concerned about myself and kind of yolo about it, but I’m not a solipsist.

Well if I get the coronavirus while travelling that mean somebody else gave it to me. I'll just be another guy passing it to another guy. I really don't feel guilty about those kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well if I get the coronavirus while travelling that mean somebody else gave it to me. I'll just be another guy passing it to another guy. I really don't feel guilty about those kind of thing.

Fair enough. I guess it’s okay as long as you’re not planning a holiday in Wuhan lol

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Fair enough. I guess it’s okay as long as you’re not planning a holiday in Wuhan lol

Well now I'll be looking for trouble 😂

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm gonna be straight up I never understood people taking a vacation to these kind of places even before corona

I actively refuse to go to countries like this where I'm 100% against their politics and regulations or lack of regulations. 

17 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I'm gonna be straight up I never understood people taking a vacation to these kind of places even before corona

I actively refuse to go to countries like this where I'm 100% against their politics and regulations or lack of regulations. 

Exactly like me. Nothing is interesting for me in these places.

Archived