Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

Maybe some bands are waiting for governments to cancel shows rather than making the decision themselves. I wonder how that would affect their insurance? Foo Fighters had a big problem with that when Dave broke his leg. 

Some of them won’t want to lose money no matter what. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melodramfool said:

Swmrs are currently in Europe and they are playing. There's a gig in Milan next week and for now is confirmed 

This will most likely change. Ireland v Italy in a rugby match has been cancelled and that was being played in Dublin. Lots of soccer matches in italy are also being cancelled or being played behind closed doors. And most of the cases currently popping up in europe appear to have originated in Italy. 

16 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

Based on current trends it looks like there is a short window before Europe starts cancelling events across the continent, and the US could  very well do the same shortly after. It is looking more likely like school closures, event cancellations, etc. are a possibility in the not too distant future. 

As far as I know Italy and Europe have been canceled/postponed events for this week and the first one of March. 
I haven't seen like something organized for April that was canceled yet. 
I think we just have to wait and see what happens. 

School should restart on Monday in most regions but Lombardy, the one where I live, asked for another week off. 
Also Uni are closed until the 7th. 
* screaming inside * 

16 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

. And most of the cases currently popping up in europe appear to have originated in Italy. 

Sadly yes. 😫
But also in Italy most of cases currently popping up in other regions appear to have originated from someone that has been in the red zones. 
Like hello? Stay there? 

1 hour ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

This will most likely change. Ireland v Italy in a rugby match has been cancelled and that was being played in Dublin. Lots of soccer matches in italy are also being cancelled or being played behind closed doors. And most of the cases currently popping up in europe appear to have originated in Italy. 

Italy has so many cases it's terrible 

I'm Italian and have seen some clips on the Italian news everything is literally shut down. 

Grocery stores aren't even stocking shelves. 

18 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I'm Italian and have seen some clips on the Italian news everything is literally shut down. 

Italy had a superspreader...though there clearly maybe more of them as just watching the news here in Ireland and the amount of cases is nearly at a thousand now in Italy......also Green Day just got name checked on RTE News (Irish main broadcaster) just now just mentioned they cancelled their Asian Tour as have BTS which is just kind of weird in a general sense. 

Re the stocking shelves...there was a video from the other day supposedly from Italy of people fighting over something in a supermarket.....madness

1 hour ago, Melodramfool said:

As far as I know Italy and Europe have been canceled/postponed events for this week and the first one of March. 
I haven't seen like something organized for April that was canceled yet. 
I think we just have to wait and see what happens. 

School should restart on Monday in most regions but Lombardy, the one where I live, asked for another week off. 
Also Uni are closed until the 7th. 
* screaming inside * 

Sadly yes. 😫
But also in Italy most of cases currently popping up in other regions appear to have originated from someone that has been in the red zones. 
Like hello? Stay there? 

Are the red zones not basically sealed off by the military or have i picked that up wrong somewhere? 

5 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Italy had a superspreader...though there clearly maybe more of them as just watching the news here in Ireland and the amount of cases is nearly at a thousand now in Italy......

Just think about how many people from all over the world travel to Italy every year. Foodies, religious people, people into history, Italians that live everywhere else except Italy coming back in August lol 

Typically a trip from Canada to Italy would involve 3 different airports as well over 3 different countries. 

I wanted to travel sometime this summer or in the fall but I'm gonna pass on that. 

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

Just think about how many people from all over the world travel to Italy every year. Foodies, religious people, people into history, Italians that live everywhere else except Italy coming back in August lol 

Typically a trip from Canada to Italy would involve 3 different airports as well over 3 different countries. 

I wanted to travel sometime this summer or in the fall but I'm gonna pass on that. 

Ya most cases in Europe and the case in Lagos seem to have originated in Italy but then again with the 2 week incubation period its pretty much impossible to know who has or deosnt have it. The only solution is ground air traffic world wide but the chances of that happening are slim.....well unless it reaches pandemic levels (not trying to sound scaremongery here :P )

19 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Italy had a superspreader...though there clearly maybe more of them as just watching the news here in Ireland and the amount of cases is nearly at a thousand now in Italy......also Green Day just got name checked on RTE News (Irish main broadcaster) just now just mentioned they cancelled their Asian Tour as have BTS which is just kind of weird in a general sense. 

Re the stocking shelves...there was a video from the other day supposedly from Italy of people fighting over something in a supermarket.....madness

Are the red zones not basically sealed off by the military or have i picked that up wrong somewhere? 

Yes, an article posted on Sunday said  "Police, Carabinieri and Finance Guard will serve to prevent entry and exit from outbreak areas so you aren't allowed to go out the red zones"
but I also read that a guy from there was scared and came back to his family who live in the south of Italy 
Facepalm 1 

38 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Guys the grocery stores situation was insane! Insane! 
I could understand not finding anymore masks or hand sanitizers but I don't understand empty shelves 
Italian between Saturday and Sunday had buy so many packets of food like it's WW3. 
My parents on Saturday bought the same things they always buy for the week 
Of course the media are very clever to overact about situation so mass hysteria 

Calm down guys. Virus deseases always have their peak between January and March. Our immune systems reach their „low“ during this time. The warmer it gets, the fewer people get sick. Europe starts in June, so I‘m really optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

Yes, an article posted on Sunday said  "Police, Carabinieri and Finance Guard will serve to prevent entry and exit from outbreak areas so you aren't allowed to go out the red zones"
but I also read that a guy from there was scared and came back to his family who live in the south of Italy 
Facepalm 1 

Guys the grocery stores situation was insane! Insane! 
I could understand not finding anymore masks or hand sanitizers but I don't understand empty shelves 
Italian between Saturday and Sunday had buy so many packets of food like it's WW3. 
My parents on Saturday bought the same things they always buy for the week 
Of course the media are very clever to overact about situation so mass hysteria 

Which regions are affected the worst? 

3 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Calm down guys. Virus deseases always have their peak between January and March. Our immune systems reach their „low“ during this time. The warmer it gets, the fewer people get sick. Europe starts in June, so I‘m really optimistic.

but not all of them are manufactured in a lab 10 minutes away from the first case ;) 

8 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Which regions are affected the worst? 

Mine 😂 Lombardy. Then there's Veneto, which borders with Lombardy. 
The red zone is 80km far from me so the situation isn't the same
Except for the supermarket that were empty 4 days ago. One of my ex classmate who live maybe 10 minutes from me went to a supermarket and recorded a video saying like "What? Why?" I mean, there's no need 
I would buy a lot only If I have to stay in quarantine or my area is in the red zone
Prevention is okay, madness no 😂

4 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

Except for the supermarket that were empty 4 days ago. One of my ex classmate who live maybe 10 minutes from me went to a supermarket and recorded a video saying like "What? Why?" I mean, there's no need 
I would buy a lot only If I have to stay in quarantine or my area is in the red zone

ok so what I figured in the north! 

Also you're from Lombardy... are you an AC Milan supporter? 

20 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

From which city are you?

I'm from a small town of Como Lake area

8 minutes ago, Stewe said:

From which city are you?

I'm from a small town of Como Lake area

No way! I'm from a town in province of Como too! 😂

24 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

ok so what I figured in the north! 

Also you're from Lombardy... are you an AC Milan supporter? 

I don't wanna say something wrong but I remember a video where a reporter was like "Oh! This venetian square is empty for the fear of Coronavirus" and then a woman who was there recorded this scene saying like "That's not true. This square isn't empy, life goes on" 
So like, I'm trying to avoiding this apocalyptic  news
No, but my mum yes! 😂

3 hours ago, Melodramfool said:

No way! I'm from a town in province of Como too! 😂

I don't wanna say something wrong but I remember a video where a reporter was like "Oh! This venetian square is empty for the fear of Coronavirus" and then a woman who was there recorded this scene saying like "That's not true. This square isn't empy, life goes on" 
So like, I'm trying to avoiding this apocalyptic  news
No, but my mum yes! 😂

ok yeah like that I can't believe because the piazza is never empty 😂

42 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I hope you're right. I'm getting sick of this massive histeria... In Poland there isn't any confirmed case of coronavirus and some events are already cancelled :blink:

I don't understand what the big deal is with coronavirus anyway. Yes, it's extremely contagious, but that's about all it's got going for it. The common influenza virus is highly contagious and kills thousands and thousands of people annually. For how much it's spreading, coronavirus' mortality rate is very low. I guess the main concern is that with such a high morbidity, it will have more of a chance to spread to and affect young, elderly, and immunocompromised individuals.

Guys itll be ok Trump said this virus will just *poof* and go away like a miracle.......I cant make this shit up.....😪

3 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Guys itll be ok Trump said this virus will just *poof* and go away like a miracle.......I cant make this shit up.....😪

Well... he is Doctor Dickhead...

32 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I heard this last night - what a cock.

2 hours ago, ItsMikeLitoris said:

They’re vacant from September-October. Rescheduled Asian tour dates? 🤔

Theres really no point in speculating when they could reshedule at this point because it will depend on the spread of the virus ie if turns into a pandemic or it eases off in the next month or two and we really just dont know at this point. 

12 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I don't understand what the big deal is with coronavirus anyway. Yes, it's extremely contagious, but that's about all it's got going for it. The common influenza virus is highly contagious and kills thousands and thousands of people annually. For how much it's spreading, coronavirus' mortality rate is very low. I guess the main concern is that with such a high morbidity, it will have more of a chance to spread to and affect young, elderly, and immunocompromised individuals.

I think the bigger worry with this IF it reaches pandemic levels is the economy and the functioning of general infrastructure. The worst case scenarios being given would have the majority of the population sick so just imaging anything functioning under those circumstances.....though there would still be massive risk of deaths amongst the elderly and immunocompromised. 

13 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

What makes it more serious than flu is that there are flu vaccines. Most immunosuppressed people are vaccinated. We don't have a vaccine for coronavirus or even any idea of when one will be developed (and sadly no one cares who they cough on), so there's no way to stop immunosuppressed or asthmatic people catching it.

It's not a big deal for healthy people, but at the same time it is because even if our loved ones aren't immunosuppressed, we come into contact with others who are every day. Like, it doesn't matter if I get it, but it's likely I'll pass it on to my mum who's immunosuppressed, or my fiancee who's on chemo before I realise I have it - but if I caught flu, I could cough all over them and it wouldn't be serious because they're vaccinated. I am sick of hearing about coronavirus, but then it's easy for me to say that when I'm young and healthy.

Archived