Green Day Rock Band 4k60 Performances

Red

Hey guys, so I was screwing around with a PS3 emulator and was able to render Green Day Rock Band at 8k on my PC, and down sample it to 4k60.
I hope someone somewhere enjoys these. I have arranged these by album so scroll down if you want to see the other ones.

American Idiot

• Like 1

21st Century Breakdown

Unfortunately there's currently no way that I know of to get the remaining 6 DLC songs to work, but once I figure it out, it'll be updated here.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, Yosuke Hanamura said:

You know, 8k60 actually is supported on YouTube. Just good luck trying to play it-

I tried so hard to just capture raw 8k footage, but all the software I tried would either just crash while trying or flat out not support it. 

My display is only 4k anyway so that might have something to do with it, but still I can't believe my PC didn't catch fire when trying to emulate a PS3 with 8k settings at 60fps 🤣

Dookie

• Haha 1

Wow, there's even a setlist taped to the stage... they put a lot of detail into the animation, it's so cool to see it in HD without the guitar interface over it. Thank you for sharing!

• Love 1

On 2/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, Todd said:

Wow, there's even a setlist taped to the stage... they put a lot of detail into the animation, it's so cool to see it in HD without the guitar interface over it. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for enjoying! I had a tonne of fun making them and there's still more to come.
I have always appreciated the attention to detail in this game, which is why it remains one of my favorite music games of all time (That and the fact that I am obviously biased towards Green Day).

There were many effects in this version and the Xbox 360 version that weren't present in the Wii version, such as the 21st Century Breakdown background images/videos and animations and the big screens in the American Idiot era performances. There's also a lot of wide stage shots and crowd interactions that weren't present either.

The main purpose I had for this was to hopefully aid in preserving the content in it's best current state (Keep in mind it's still emulated so there are some imperfections, like the increased resolution intensifying a lot of effects a little too much, and some of the lights bleeding through objects) but I have yet to see any videos that focus on the performances themselves come close to this level of quality.

There's also that weird thing that was only present on the PS3 for some odd reason, where Billie looks like he chugged a big bottle of chocolate milk and forgot to wipe his face afterwards :P,but unfortunately there's not a lot that can be done about it until Xbox 360 emulation has reached this level of progress.

Warning

Insomniac

• Like 1

Nimrod

...and that concludes the on disc GDRB content. Took a while to get it all done but I had a lot of fun doing it and I hope you guys had fun watching it. I might re-record some of the earlier ones I did to edit the menu out and hide my voice better (It's barely noticeable, but my OCD knows it's there). For those who might want to use these for Clone Hero backgrounds or whatever, let me know and I might make a .zip of raw footage so you don't get all that nasty Youtube compression.

• 2 years later...

I felt it may be better to dig up this thread rather than make a new one, as its entirely related in the sense of making improvments to the Rockband release.

I am currently going through the process of learning the Harmonix Rockband file structure, with hopes I may be able to make 3rd Party 'DLC' for the game. I have so far decrypted the games config files and textures. I am now moving onto looking at accessing the mesh and animation data, at which point I should technically have all of the building blocks that make the game tick.

An interesting note, there are references to 2000LYA and Going to Pasalacqua in the files, so that seems to backup the fact that they were originally planned but could not be included.

Ill update here with any more meaningful finds or progress in due time.

• Love 1