Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

So... I disliked Junkies on a High until today, I've been listening to it for an hour while staring at a wall and contemplating the unfortunate state of the world...and now I think the song is brilliant. It's so depressing and pretty darn catchy.

I didn't realize how similar the tune is to BOBD until just now. What a parallel.

• Like 3

I love the record 💚 It's so far from being American Idiot 2, or whatever Billie was talking about ('cause I think Green Day doesn't repeat things that way) but it's a great one. Two things I don't like: it's too short 😄 and Billie's voice went through a lot of filters, I like hearing a clearer sound of it...

When Green Day says this a record is to make people dance, that's exactly what I needed and they didn't disappoint me.

And when Green Day says that school is for suckers not only they're right, it also makes me feel so good singing it because I always felt that way. And that's why I Was A Teenage Teenager is my fav. But Meet Me On The Roof though 😍 And Graffitia too, it's so different to everything. Stab You In The Heart is how I feel very often... Well, like I said I love all 10 💚💚💚

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Laly said:

Two things I don't like: it's too short 😄 and Billie's voice went through a lot of filters, I like hearing a clearer sound of it...

Wow, those are the exact things that I take issue with too!

And it's so good to see you back! It's been a long time.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:08 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Wow, those are the exact things that I take issue with too!

And it's so good to see you back! It's been a long time.

And when I first heard Father Of All I had a hard time convincing myself that was him, but then he said that Tré told him to sing like Prince...? Anyway, these new styles he's trying, he should try them a little less, lol

Thank you! It's good to be back for a new record!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree so much with @TimmyChunks.  I am in a really weird position and if anything, it’s the weekends I’m finding hardest so to know Monday will bring a new song is just great.  Even better to know there is a live performance coming!  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Somehow this album went from cringeworthy expectations initially to an era defining status that is helping me (and hopefully all of us) survive the pandemic with a little more happiness. None of us will ever forget what we’re going through, and this album is the soundtrack of coping and support right now. Thank god they put this out and we have this to enjoy, I know it’s not big thing but it’s helping me tremendously.

And seriously, having Billie play from home for us really does make a huge difference. As we work through this day by day, any little help along the way is huge, and Green Day is certainly helping right now. 

I agree 100%. FOAM has a one-liner for my personal life, "Meet me on the roof my girlfriend, in the suburbs of graffitia".

It has helped me a lot during these times, including making stupid FOAM album song covers, but which I enjoy.

Add No Fun Mondays, Otis remixes, and we have a whole full Green Day apocalyptic era!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I agree, FOAM is the perfect apocalypse soundtrack. I felt that from the first moment I got to listen to the full record, that's why I never got the "fun, dance and party record" concept everyone was talking about. It's not a party record, not at all. More like a party gone very sour very fast. The line that sums it up perfectly for me is "As we watch the world burn" from Junkies. I mean, wow.

Yeah, we’re all, “Oh now I get it” in the worst way 🙁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Laly said:

And when I first heard Father Of All I had a hard time convincing myself that was him, but then he said that Tré told him to sing like Prince...? Anyway, these new styles he's trying, he should try them a little less, lol

Thank you! It's good to be back for a new record!!

He's going to channel Lemmy of Motorhead on ALBUM 14.

But instrumentals are going to be very One More Light of Linkin Park.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Laly said:

Anyway, these new styles he's trying, he should try them a little less, lol

That's not how being a musician works. If you were to tell David Bowie that years ago his career would have been over by 1980 and we would have never gotten Blackstar which is probably the greatest 2010's record along with Clockwork Angels. 

• Like 2

I haven't listened to the album in about a month, so I put it on today and man, I still fucking love it. Sugar Youth, TTMAC, and MMOTR are just so fucking good! I still get blown away whenever they start! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm listening to this album again and I'm really getting into my least favorite track, Stab You in the Heart. 

It's pretty awesome.   

With the world situation right now, do you think they will continue to promote the album later, or are they just going to move on to the next album?   

And where will the Billie Joe Armstrong solo debut fit into the whole timeline?   

As far as music videos and singles, I'm more satisfied than I was with Rev Rad.    Sure "Fire Ready Aim" and "Meet me on the Roof" were only promo singles, but they felt like 'real' ones, and that's cool.    The real singles both climbed to #1 and those other two hit 21 and 33, which isn't bad.  I'd be happy to have a #33 song.  

On 4/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, Sheenius said:

probably the greatest 2010's record along with Clockwork Angels. 

I like what you’re saying 

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm listening to this album again and I'm really getting into my least favorite track, Stab You in the Heart. 

It's pretty awesome.   

With the world situation right now, do you think they will continue to promote the album later, or are they just going to move on to the next album?   

And where will the Billie Joe Armstrong solo debut fit into the whole timeline?   

As far as music videos and singles, I'm more satisfied than I was with Rev Rad.    Sure "Fire Ready Aim" and "Meet me on the Roof" were only promo singles, but they felt like 'real' ones, and that's cool.    The real singles both climbed to #1 and those other two hit 21 and 33, which isn't bad.  I'd be happy to have a #33 song.  

That came out April 20,2018

• Like 3

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

The real singles both climbed to #1 and those other two hit 21 and 33, which isn't bad.  I'd be happy to have a #33 song.  

Which chart was that?

3 hours ago, Joe. said:

Which chart was that?

According to Wikipedia, the title track and "Oh Yeah" reached #1 on the US Mainstream Rock charts.   They got #2 and #3 on the Alternative Charts as well, again according to the Wikipedia.  

10 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

That came out April 20,2018

He did make that album alone save for some drumming, but it wasn't a BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG record.  Just take a look at the most valid source of all information in the known universe, wikipedia.    Nowhere on The Longshot page does it mention anything about a 'solo record'.    

It calls them an "american rock band",   calls Billie the "front man", etc.   Here's the main wiki-stuffs:   

The band was formed in April 2018 by Billie Joe Armstrong, the lead vocalist of punk rock band Green Day.[1] The band currently consists of lead vocalist and lead guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Jeff Matika (former touring member of Green Day), drummer David S. Field, and rhythm guitarist Kevin Preston (current touring member of Green Day).

The band released their debut studio album, Love Is for Losers, on April 20, 2018. The album was followed by three extended plays the same year: Return to Sender, Razor Baby, and Bullets. Their single "Devil's Kind" was featured in the 2016 comedy-drama film Ordinary World.[2]

Maybe Billie is against releasing something under his own name.  I get it.   I've been contemplating how on earth I would differentiate a solo record with the 18 albums I've recorded as Living by Words and for the life of me, I don't know the answer.   I did make a Jazz record once, but that was knee-jerk reaction to a con-artist selling me a blank cdr in New Orleans once.    I SHOWED THAT GUY!!!!!!

If we were to get a record under his own name, I know what I'd want and expect.   It wouldn't be a musical phase he was going through, but more a testament to his entire being, something even more timeless than The Longshot or Green Day.   

I can almost hear it!  Clean guitars and vocals, chopping through all the bulls*it, even of the rock-n-roll variety.   A powerful, personal record that goes deep into the daily life and heart of the artist.    

And what the heck, maybe Mike Dirnt could play on it too.   and Tre as well.   

And Jason White.  

Oh what the heck, let the whole six-piece band in on the thing.    :)  

39 minutes ago, That Dude said:

He did make that album alone save for some drumming, but it wasn't a BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG record.  Just take a look at the most valid source of all information in the known universe, wikipedia.    Nowhere on The Longshot page does it mention anything about a 'solo record'.    

It calls them an "american rock band",   calls Billie the "front man", etc.   Here's the main wiki-stuffs:   

The band was formed in April 2018 by Billie Joe Armstrong, the lead vocalist of punk rock band Green Day.[1] The band currently consists of lead vocalist and lead guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Jeff Matika (former touring member of Green Day), drummer David S. Field, and rhythm guitarist Kevin Preston (current touring member of Green Day).

The band released their debut studio album, Love Is for Losers, on April 20, 2018. The album was followed by three extended plays the same year: Return to Sender, Razor Baby, and Bullets. Their single "Devil's Kind" was featured in the 2016 comedy-drama film Ordinary World.[2]

Maybe Billie is against releasing something under his own name.  I get it.   I've been contemplating how on earth I would differentiate a solo record with the 18 albums I've recorded as Living by Words and for the life of me, I don't know the answer.   I did make a Jazz record once, but that was knee-jerk reaction to a con-artist selling me a blank cdr in New Orleans once.    I SHOWED THAT GUY!!!!!!

If we were to get a record under his own name, I know what I'd want and expect.   It wouldn't be a musical phase he was going through, but more a testament to his entire being, something even more timeless than The Longshot or Green Day.   

I can almost hear it!  Clean guitars and vocals, chopping through all the bulls*it, even of the rock-n-roll variety.   A powerful, personal record that goes deep into the daily life and heart of the artist.    

And what the heck, maybe Mike Dirnt could play on it too.   and Tre as well.   

And Jason White.  

Oh what the heck, let the whole six-piece band in on the thing.    :)  

Return To Sender, I don’t remember them doing that? Someone has put stuff under Youtube with that title but just because they ripped a playlist from the look of it.  BJ is the only musician credited on the recordings other than Joey on one and did Kevin not say Billie had all the songs done before he got the rest of the guys on board?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jengd said:

Return To Sender, I don’t remember them doing that? Someone has put stuff under Youtube with that title but just because they ripped a playlist from the look of it.  BJ is the only musician credited on the recordings other than Joey on one and did Kevin not say Billie had all the songs done before he got the rest of the guys on board?

They didn't do the song called them, it was just the name of the collection of songs.   

Maybe they did cover it, but it wasn't released.   

• Thanks 1